Alternatives to Glade

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Alternatives to Glade

Postby Jake Burns » 11 Feb 2013, 21:38

Moronik wrote:haha it totally does look like a C2 crowd !!! :D

i'm gonna start grading every club/festy clientele by that now...

A lot of "A"s at the Glade last year - I can recall thinking last year ( I was the worse for wear) that there cannot be anywhere on earth with as many battered posh people in one place - there did seem to be a lot of them amongst the hoi polloi - but fortunately the nice well brought up ones with good manners as opposed to the annoying braying ones.

;)
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby Darchigan » 11 Feb 2013, 22:54

The bass music tent at Lee Fest was one my best memories from last year with Hatesy playing up tempo dancehall style reggae. A massive mosh pit broke out taking over almost the whole space with people like me being pushed to one side while the wild young things ran round in an enormousness circle chasing each other and it was just brilliant to see people totally letting rip like that :) I doubt that anything like that will happen at Eastern Electrics . . . still for what it is and with that lineup I'm sure it'll be a cracking good event.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby doogla » 11 Feb 2013, 23:49

Surprised no one has mentioned Noisily Festival. Not been and it looks fairly small but a varied glade-ish lineup anyway...
http://noisilyfestival.com/category/all/lineup/
doogla
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted in: 2 times

Postby dannybee » 12 Feb 2013, 12:23

I try to be positive about events but for me Eastern Electrics seem to put most of their marketing out to people of essex with spray tans, muscles and people that wear sunglasses at night. I was really really really looking forward to their one day festival last summer but the crowd, bar queue and general lack of care when setting the festival up meant that I vowed to never go back. Maybe they deserve anothe chance though. If anyone goes I'd love to know what people thought. I remember nearly writing a ranty message on here before stopping myself.

Really sad about Glade. It's one of those things I struggle to let go of. For me I'm not sure if anything topped the 2006 festival. Everything was so spot on and the artists (breakcore, bangface takeover, jimmy Edgar, dread zone) all seemed so fresh and exciting. It was like someone was prooving to me what an amazing force of nature humans can be.

Does anyone know about Mischief festival? I've never been but the lineup looks interesting. There isn't really anything that covers the spectrum that Glade did/does though.

So sad!

I'm really really wishing I got a Glastonbury ticket now.
dannybee
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 2 times

Postby sim667 » 12 Feb 2013, 14:14

dannybee wrote:Does anyone know about Mischief festival? I've never been but the lineup looks interesting. There isn't really anything that covers the spectrum that Glade did/does though.

I've been, its good, but it is teeny tiny. Lovely crowd, the drum and bass 'tent' was playing really dated stuff, and had lots of shit hip hop.

There was a dome that had some good bassline, and the trash palace was my stage of choice...... breakcore filth pretty much all day every day.

The main stage I didnt actually see anything on :oops:

The cinema tent was funny, chilled a lot in there and watched an episode of start trek were scotty kills a hooker and the man who is the voice of piglet is in it, had some funny bloke shouting it all the way through.

Another couple of tents on top which were kinda band type music etc, didnt really pay that much attention.

Everything happens on the saturday and sunday though, the friday there was very little on an no warning that that was the case, which was a bit dissapointing as I couldnt stay for the sunday, so essentially I paid £70 odd for one night, expecting I'd at least get a friday and a saturday out of it, so bear that in mind (in all fairness the DNB tent was open on the friday).

So apart from the really middle of the road DNB tent, and the lack of stuff to do on friday night, I quite liked it..... I can see it getting bigger and better more than anything
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Postby tuftyjohn » 12 Feb 2013, 20:32

noisily fest looks just the ticket,small enough to have a good vibe and ooks like an eclectic mix of sounds.
so pearl fest and noisily it is then,will miss glade but i think these might just make up for it...this year :)
tuftyjohn
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted in: 1 time

Postby floatyfairy » 16 Feb 2013, 16:02

Symmetry festival!! only happened once in 2010, had one of the best festy vibes, even though there were only two stages! but now has started up again bigger and better theres now five stages with loads of variety =] its also in norfolk just like glade was (beautiful place! although i am biased :P) have a read of the website http://www.symmetryfestival.co.uk/ the more people the better :D
floatyfairy

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby tuftyjohn » 16 Feb 2013, 19:09

i didnt realise that there was so many other festies in the offing.....must have been focusing on glade too much..maybe they have done me a favour.
used to go to glade knowing that i would meet people i know but last year i was flying solo and still had a good time..time to spread my wings methinks :)
tuftyjohn

Sorted in: 1 time

Postby Freedom Fighter » 05 Mar 2013, 02:01

Hello just thought i d let you know Symmetry Festi,was really good n refreshing lovely vibe when we went a few years ago,Acid Techno ,through to ska ,loads going on ,but best of all lovely people ,thought Glade lost its way,some people just don t know how to have a good time .Shame not enough Techno at Glade last year ,or many other larger festies ,still different culture of dare, I say Thatchers kids wanting to get a picture on Fbook now ,rather than going out to create a new cultured dance scene,highly recomend Symmetry ,hope to see your smiley faces there,take care n keep on dancing,free your soul and mind peace
Freedom Fighter

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby Jake Burns » 05 Mar 2013, 08:31

Freedom Fighter wrote:,still different culture of dare, I say Thatchers kids wanting to get a picture on Fbook now ,rather than going out to create a new cultured dance scene,

The kids have their own music grand dad!

:P
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)