Boutique Camping

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Boutique Camping

Postby Jake Burns » 02 Apr 2011, 14:44

anyone ever done it? I can see the attraction - but must be in the wrong job as £3600 for the very luxury option is a bit beyond my price range!
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Re: Boutique Camping

Postby fletcher » 02 Apr 2011, 16:10

We had paid up for it last year (and incidentally got our money back when the festival was cancelled). Its not too bad when you consider 6 people in a tent pay £100 each for 4 nights - £25 a night and means you dont have to worry about the tent or security....

Hmmm might consider this year again. Although tbh with the smaller capacity and "back to its roots" nature of this years festival im less worried about the crowd that will be attending.
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby demetzy » 02 Apr 2011, 17:30

part of the fun is sleeping in a tent!! Looked at the price for that (a friend was a bit 'iffy' about sleeping in tents) and its quite a bit.
demetzy
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 16 times
Sorted in: 6 times

Postby fletcher » 02 Apr 2011, 18:10

demetzy wrote:part of the fun is sleeping in a tent!! Looked at the price for that (a friend was a bit 'iffy' about sleeping in tents) and its quite a bit.

Yeah I agree really, I love tenting it up.
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby Calla » 02 Apr 2011, 18:12

I would definately do it if I was in big group for sure. Its not fun carting tents, camping chairs, sleeping bags etc across the country.
Calla
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 19 times
Sorted in: 16 times

Postby Jake Burns » 02 Apr 2011, 19:19

Calla wrote:I would definately do it if I was in big group for sure. Its not fun carting tents, camping chairs, sleeping bags etc across the country.

Youngsters these days! I've carried everything in my rucksac to the airport, then taxi, then ferry, then bus to festivals abroad in the past.. a few hundred yards from the Glade car park isnt going to kill you!

anyway.. back to boutique camping..I hope for the money being charged they have their own space.. a few years ago a group of us had considered getting a tepee in our onw private space... until the reality of sharing a space with 7 others, all keeping different times, kicked in & we decided to not bother.. on arriving at the (wasing) site we found the tepees right by the main walk way - so felt vindicated ...

Still - if I was rolling in cash - it would be quite an attractive option...
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby Jake Burns » 02 Apr 2011, 19:41

although just looked at SGP boutique camping prices... f@&king hell... they really do get a better class of punter... have you seen the prices... £1500 for a two person yurt.. gulp...
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby Calla » 03 Apr 2011, 20:54

Jake Burns wrote:
Calla wrote:I would definately do it if I was in big group for sure. Its not fun carting tents, camping chairs, sleeping bags etc across the country.

Youngsters these days! I've carried everything in my rucksac to the airport, then taxi, then ferry, then bus to festivals abroad in the past.. a few hundred yards from the Glade car park isnt going to kill you!

I have too, except cut out the airport...that would be makin it a whole lot easier than taxi, then train, then bus, then train, then bus. I just wouldn't do it if I had a choice. If I could really splash out I'd be looking more along these lines http://www.rsmotorhomes.com/
You could hire one or something but I'd also have to think about learning to drive so it makes it even more out of my reach.
Calla
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 19 times
Sorted in: 16 times

Postby siani » 03 Apr 2011, 20:59

Jake Burns wrote:anyone ever done it? I can see the attraction - but must be in the wrong job as £3600 for the very luxury option is a bit beyond my price range!

some of my rather better off mates did it at the last Glade.... they said it was comfy and saved them lugging loads of stuff, but they were in their own area, way off from everyone else, and tbh we barely saw them. seemed to me like they kind of missed out. we couldn't pop by their tents when our phones died or anything, and it seemed sort of isolating.

that said, if i won the lottery i might consider it. fuck carrying a massive family tent across the whole site again!
siani
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 36 times
Sorted in: 17 times
Motto: i am far too short to ever grow up

Postby baldmosher » 12 Apr 2011, 20:27

What Fletcher said, almost exactly.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)