No camping stoves?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: No camping stoves?

Postby yohankiwi » 13 Apr 2011, 12:52

CunningStunt wrote: Two meals a day at an estimate of £5 each is gonna cost us £80 for the duration, that's without drinks.

Fuck, I hadn't thought about it like that. ouch
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby BassBin Terrorizer » 13 Apr 2011, 13:38

CunningStunt wrote: Are they going to shut off the taps and stop you taking water in also so that you have to buy it?

GLobal gathering did when i went 2 years ago.

There were taps in the camp site but none in the main arena and you were not allowed to carry any water between the 2 seperate areas.

You were only able to purchase water @ 4pound a bottle from 1 retailer. the random stalls and food stalls were only allowed to sell carbonated drinks @ 2.50
BassBin Terrorizer
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 45 times
Sorted in: 28 times
Motto: Just 1 segment of the dance music orange

Postby PaulX » 13 Apr 2011, 13:40

baldmosher wrote:4 years ago I'd've been really bothered by this news but frankly nowadays I can't usually be bothered cooking (I recall PaulX had the same opinion) so at least if I know I have to buy all my meals, it's one less thing to worry about and a lot less to carry into the festival.

Ironically, I was planning on bringing a stove to save a few quid at this year's festies...
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby lurk » 13 Apr 2011, 15:33

anyone who is fit and able enough to eat two full meals a day at glade is not doing it properly :fear:
lurk
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 5 times

Postby ST1R » 13 Apr 2011, 16:08

no camping stoves! not amused, what sort of a festival is it if i cant crawl back to my tent as the sun comes up and make a brew and a pot noodle before i crash out.
ST1R
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby baldmosher » 13 Apr 2011, 17:10

Rail station platform kiosks in Germany sell pretty decent filter coffer for €1 and street vendors in Copenhagen sell pretty decent hot dogs in a proper bread roll with mustard and onions for 10Kr (about a quid).

If Glade takes the same approach I will be very pleased with that. I was chuffed to find a stall selling pints of fresh orange juice for a quid in 2008.

I note there's nothing at all I can see that will stop me going back to my car twice a day to cook a meal there. Hopefully it won't be far to walk.

However, that also raises an interesting question of the health and safety of having 1,500 gas canisters left in cars in scorching sunshine for a weekend when they turn people with stoves away at the gates. Sure, we know about it, but unless they put it in big block letters on the tickets, not everyone will realise.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby Jake Burns » 13 Apr 2011, 18:22

lurk wrote:anyone who is fit and able enough to eat two full meals a day at glade is not doing it properly :fear:

A well known Bristol based indian style festival cafe stopped doing the Glade as allegedly people don't eat enough!
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

Postby stir » 13 Apr 2011, 18:54

not sure that is because everyone was merrily sat round their tents with a camping stove
stir
Here long enough to buy a round
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby fletcher » 13 Apr 2011, 19:06

I took a stove in 2007 but all my lighter blocks got swept away in the torrent.... :)
Every other year I have taken nibbles and then just bought food. I have found the food on offer at Glade to be rather excellent, with a great variety, but I can see peoples concerns about allergies / preferences etc.
I will spend as much money as I can afford at Glade (without having to keep too much cash on me)
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby baldmosher » 13 Apr 2011, 21:24

fletcher wrote:I will spend as much money as I can afford at Glade (without having to keep too much cash on me)

Spending it is surely the best way to avoid having too much cash!
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)