No camping stoves?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: No camping stoves?

Postby djscooter » 19 Apr 2011, 21:20

to be honest, no camping stoves isn't a massive deal. apart from making afew cups of tea, I normally just go and eat all the pies at the pie stand (well, when it used to be there!). Once I did attempt to make a risotto out of a packet - and again, to be honest, after a day of A-frame dancing at origin all afternoon, it wasn't really a good idea!
bananna sandwiches and cold baked beans all the way!!!! :D
djscooter
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby djscooter » 19 Apr 2011, 21:23

and also, sorry to be rude posting a second reply, I'm just grateful that the festival is going ahead this year! camping stoves are such a minor detail! I remember in the days of all night raving at dreamscape, tribal gathering and megadog (yes, I'm beyond 30!), food would be the last thing on people's minds! :D
but then again, when friends of mine have bothered to cook, a bacon sandwich has always been much appreciated!
why not take a solar oven or a battery powered microwave?
djscooter

Postby kuju » 21 Apr 2011, 14:32

So now the venues changed i'm guessing we have to wait to find out whether the T&Cs are the same with a new venue/landowner...and therefore if we can have a stove.

Or indeed anything else...
kuju

Postby PaulX » 21 Apr 2011, 14:35

kuju wrote:So now the venues changed i'm guessing we have to wait to find out whether the T&Cs are the same with a new venue/landowner...and therefore if we can have a stove.

Can already answer that one for you - the "10 inches off the ground" rule came from the owners of the new site. The previous site owner didn't want any kind of stove at all, period. This comes straight from Ans himself.

Will explain more in the front page article that is being written up...
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby kuju » 21 Apr 2011, 15:00

PaulX wrote:
kuju wrote:So now the venues changed i'm guessing we have to wait to find out whether the T&Cs are the same with a new venue/landowner...and therefore if we can have a stove.

Can already answer that one for you - the "10 inches off the ground" rule came from the owners of the new site. The previous site owner didn't want any kind of stove at all, period. This comes straight from Ans himself.

Marvellous - thanks awfully! :)
kuju

Postby PaulX » 21 Apr 2011, 15:06

kuju wrote:
PaulX wrote:Can already answer that one for you - the "10 inches off the ground" rule came from the owners of the new site. The previous site owner didn't want any kind of stove at all, period. This comes straight from Ans himself.

Marvellous - thanks awfully! :)

OK, article is up here: http://www.ravetalk.co.uk/glade-venue-changes-again/ I'm still making little changes here and there, though, so it's worth re-reading in say 10-15 minutes.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Previous

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)