No camping stoves?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

No camping stoves?

Postby Sterny » 08 Apr 2011, 13:41

Can't believe I'm not allowed to bring my stove this year! The only reason I can see for that is to screw more money out of people. They present as much of a fire hazard as a lighter but they're still allowed! :x
Listen to my hooves, listen to my hooves!
My Mixcloud
Sterny
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 3 times
Sorted in: 7 times

Re: No camping stoves?

Postby yohankiwi » 08 Apr 2011, 15:11

Only allowed to bring 12 cans of beer this year too. harsh
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby yohankiwi » 08 Apr 2011, 15:11

double post
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby fletcher » 08 Apr 2011, 15:26

yohankiwi wrote:double post

but worth mentioning twice :fear:

The beer thing is obviously a licensing constraint, I know it pisses off a lot of people but at the end of the day alcohol / drink sales are a great source of revenue for a festival....
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby Darchigan » 08 Apr 2011, 16:47

If it's in wooded park land the site owners might have concerns about the fire hazard from stoves.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby Exulus » 10 Apr 2011, 22:28

ehh what? Where did you hear this about the stoves? That's rubbish :(
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 3 times

Postby PaulX » 10 Apr 2011, 23:05

Exulus wrote:ehh what? Where did you hear this about the stoves? That's rubbish :(

From the official site's FAQ, which went up a few days ago: http://www.gladefestival.com/html/faq

FAQs
Answers to your most common questions and queries...

Illegal drugs
The dealing in or use of illegal drugs is not tolerated by The Glade Festival in any way. Drug enforcement laws are as applicable on site as any where else in the country. If you deal in drugs, it is very likely that you will be arrested. Security searches will be in place on the gates in order to stop any illegal drugs entering the site and security will be patrolling the festival site. There will be police presents inside the event. Please respect them, drugs are ILLEGAL.
---
WHERE is the Festival?
The exact location is still secret, but it’s in Warwickshire, see VENUE for more info.
When can I arrive on site? What hours are the gates open?
The gates open at 12pm Thursday. They will remain open for the following hours:
Thursday 9th 12pm – 10pm
Friday 10th 10am – 10pm
Saturday 11th 10am – 10pm
Sunday 12th 12pm – 6pm
Monday 13th 10am – 12pm
Strictly NO entry outside of these times... and that includes guest list! If you think you are going to arrive late, stay at home or be prepared to spend the night in the car.
---
When will the ENTERTAINMENT commence?
Bars, food and light entertainment will begin on Thursday, the festival will get into full swing by midday Friday and continue until Sunday night.
---
TICKET ENQUIRIES
If you have any queries about tickets (e.g. lost reference number, changing details, paying balance after deposit- Deadline is 1 month after you paid the deposit) please contact SEE TICKETS they will be able to help you.
The best number to call is 0871 230 2360 (or +44 115 912 9000 outside of the UK) which is the standard call centre which gets answered 364 days a year, 24 hours a day; we let them have Christmas day off.
https://www.seetickets.com/CustomerService This answers a lot of questions, they can track order(s) and ask your customer service team questions via email and these get answered within 24 hours.
---
Can I leave and return to the festival during the weekend?
Yes, but you will only be able to gain access during the gate opening hours (see above).
---
Can I buy a DAY TICKET?
No. We will not be issuing any day tickets or discounted tickets if you can only make it for part of the weekend as Ken Kesey said, ''You're either on the bus, or off the bus.'' Get involved, stay for the whole festival, play games, meet people, be silly, dress up and have fun!
---
Can I get a REFUND if I can't make it?
All tickets are non-refundable.
If you need to change the name on your ticket please contact See Tickets, see info above.
---
What kind of ID do I need to bring?
You will need to bring a valid photo ID such as a passport/driver’s license with your ticket in order to enter the festival site, photocopies will NOT be acceptable, but we will have a secure property lock-up on site where you can leave your valuables during the festival.
---
How CHILD friendly will the festival be and what tickets do children need?
There will, as always, be plenty on offer for children too. Children (0-12 years) can come in for free, but they must be accompanied by an adult ticket holder. If your child looks like they are 13 or over the guardian or parent must have proof of age for that child. See below.
---
I’m under 18, can I buy a ticket?
UNFORTUNATELY, THERE WILL BE NO TICKETS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE HAD THEIR 13TH BIRTHDAY BUT NOT PASSED THEIR 18TH BIRTHDAY when the festival begins.
Children 12 AND UNDER can come in for free. But MUST be accompanied by an adult. Also if your child looks like they are 13 or over the guardian or parent must have proof of age for that child. Photo ID only. ie Passport. As they won't have a driving license. Obviously.
---
Where can I find more info about BOUTIQUE CAMPING?
You can arrive on Thursday for boutique camping. More info can be found here.
---
How can I/my band apply to play MUSIC at this year's festival?
We have confirmed most of our artists for this year's festival already. Due to the sheer volume of applications we can only contact successful applicants. If you'd still like to contact us regarding playing at one of the Nano Venues please write to info@gladefestival.com.
---
How do I submit a proposal for ARTWORK?
More info to follow on this.
---
How do I submit a proposal for PERFORMANCE/WALKABOUT?
More info to follow on this.
---
How do I submit a proposal for TRADING?
The deadline for this year's applications has now passed.
---
How do I apply to work at THE SANCTUARY (Healing Area)
If you would like to work in our healing area please contact sanctuary@secretproductions.net.
---
How do I apply for STEWARDING work?
If you have any enquiries regarding stewarding please have a look here.
---
How do I apply for LITTER PICKING work?
If you have any enquiries regarding this please contact gladevolunteer@gmail.com.
---
How do I apply for BARWORK?
If you have any enquiries regarding bar work please have a look here.
---
I'd like to work as a PHOTOGRAPHER/VIDEOGRAPHER at this year's festival, how do I do this?
We receive a lot of applications for this, and as such are only able to contact people whose applications are successful. Please send an email with a link, not attachments, to examples of your work to info@gladefestival.com.
---
TRAVEL
The exact venue is still a secret, but it is in Warwickshire and a shuttle bus will run through the duration from the nearest station, exact times TBC...
Please try to consider the environment when you travel, use trains and coaches where possible (info and tickets here) and if you are travelling by car please try to fill your car and use our facebook page to look for liftshares.
Cars will not be allowed into the festival arena. We run a Green Tax scheme where you will be charged £5.00 if you have 2 or less in your car... Please see the sustainability page on this website. Parking is free if you have 3 or more in your car.
Camping is included in the ticket price. Sound Systems will not be permitted within the campsites.
---
LIVE-IN VEHICLES
- One pass must be purchased per vehicle for access to the campervan field. These may only be purchased by ticket holders.
-Only ticket holders with the correct wristband will be granted access to the :live-in vehicle field
- Vehicles accepted in the live-in vehicle field include the following vehicle types: Campervan, Caravan (Car may be parked adjacent), Trailer tents, Live-in vans
- Only one tent may be pitched with each vehicle- this should be pitched behind the vehicle.
- There are no electric or water hook ups
- Only those who arrive in the live-in vehicle or car towing a caravan/ trailer will be issued with campervan field wristbands. NO additional access wristbands will be issued.
-Sleeping in vehicles in the carpark is not permitted
-The same toilet/ shower/ water/ security facilities will be provided in the live-in field as in the rest of the festival.
-Opening hours for entrance to the live-in field are the same as for the main festival gates.
- NO GENERATORS may be bought on site.
- Only one gas bottle may be bought on site per vehicle.
- Awnings are permitted.
- This year campervan patrons will be issued with an additional wristband allowing them to pass in and out of the gate freely and bring limited alcohol into the arena.
---
Can I bring in my own alcohol?
As an independent festival bar sales keep our event alive so we need to limit what alcohol you can bring. We know the prices are a bit steep but these are bars that have to be put up and taken down each year i.e. they're not cheap!
So, we allow enough to get you started or fall back on in the wee hours when the bars are closed.
You may bring the following...
EITHER: 12 cans beer/lager/cider per person
OR: 6 cans and 1 bottle of wine per person (decanted into plastic bottle).
You may only bring this in on first entry.
STICTLY NO SPIRITS/HARD LIQUOR & STRICTLY NO GLASS BOTTLES.
Soft drinks may only be brought in if the bottles are NOT open.
---
Will there be Medical Cover?
We have some super lovely medical people who are very qualified to deal with ALL festival accidents. If you need them, please go see them, they are non judgemental people who will treat you fairly and squarely. The stewards will help you find them on the radio if you cannot see them near you.
---
Can I Bar-B-Q?
Unfortunately no, due to the protected nature of the land on which Glade is held. We also won't be able to allow camping stoves as they present a fire hazard when there are so many tents close by. There will be beautiful fire circles though, so please toast marshmallows at your leisure.
---
Will food and drink be reasonably priced then?
Yes! Whilst we have only limited control over food prices, there will be a huge range on offer. Bar prices will be listed here under news closer to the time.
---
Will the toilets be to my satisfaction?
Toilets at festivals are a barometer of your behaviour - the more you respect and look after the toilets, the cleaner they will be. We do our best to ensure all the toilets are serviced regularly, and are as clean as possible! All toilets blocks are also fitted with an alcohol hand gel sanitiser.
---
What should I bring to the festival?
We get asked this question every year, and there really is no right answer. We will have stalls for food and drink plus camping essentials and dressing up, but bring what you’ll need for a weekend’s camping and please take everything home with you - LEAVE NO TRACE.
---
Can I bring my dog?
Unfortunately we can’t allow any pets at the Glade.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Exulus » 11 Apr 2011, 08:52

Ahhh i see...doh. No beans or noodles for me that weekend then ;)

On the plus side it probably means my rucksack will be half the weight it normally is!
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 3 times

Postby FOTZA » 11 Apr 2011, 09:40

Crisp sandwiches it is then!
FOTZA
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 16 times