Elixir of Life - indoor psy festival

Archive of old events threads (read only). Please just join or start a new thread under Life, the Universe and Everything to discuss current events.

Elixir of Life - indoor psy festival

Postby PaulX » 28 Sep 2011, 14:34

I've been given details of what I'm told is a huge indoor psy festival taking place THIS WEEKEND in a "fully licenced secret warehouse space in London".

Liquid Ross (who many of you will know from Glade Festival) and Shane Gobi are the organisers. The lineup is pretty amazing on the psy front and I've put a little write-up on the front page about it. :)

ELIXIR OF LIFE

Saturday 1st October 2011 / 2200 - 1100

Fully Licensed Secret Warehouse Space In London

Featuring visionary American artist:

ANDROID JONES

http://www.androidjones.com

**LINE UP**

LOGIC BOMB

(Exclusive album launch party)

SYSTEM 7 (live) / THE ORB SOUNDSYSTEM

SHPONGLE (DJ set) / THE EGG (live) / GAUDI (live) /

LAUGHING BUDDHA (live) / LOUD (live) / KHAINZ (live) /

BANCO DE GAIA (live) / GEORGE BARKER / FøRM / LUCAS / TOM REAL / GRANTLY / SHANE GOBI / EDOARDO /

LIQUID ROSS / TONGUE & GROOVE / IPCRESS / ALIJI /

SIMON BARING / NIQUID / LEMON TREE / DIEGO COELHO

Facebook: ElixirOfLiveEvents

Buy Tickets: http://bit.ly/ElixirOfLifeTickets

Elixir Of Life returns on Saturday 1st October for a three-room warehouse extravaganza featuring a truly epic line up of the most respected artists working within the psychedelic sphere today. Post-festival season this is London’s first big indoor legal event of its kind and promises to ignite the divine and creative spirit that exist in each and every one of us.

Taking it a step further than simply being a rave, this indoor festival is set to bring together a tantalising concoction of art and music, the sounds of a psychelicious line-up will resonate with the soul-invigorating works of American visionary artist, Android Jones.www.androidjones.com

Music-wise Swedish trance outfit Logic Bomb headline to celebrate the release of their latest album, out soon on TIP. Joining them will be a line-up that includes festival legends System 7, The Orb Soundsystem, Gaudi, Banco De Gaia and The Egg performing alongside trance-originators Shpongle (DJ Set). Also keeping the BPMs high will be psy-trance favourites Laughing Buddha, Shane Gobi, Edoardo, Liquid Ross and friends.

Room 2 sees the tempo drop bringing the sounds of techno, progressive and house from some of the leading names of the international party circuit headlined by the incredible Khainz and featuring George Barker, Førm, Tom Real, Grantly, Ipcress, Simon Baring and many more.

Room 3 is a chill out space featuring sounds and sites to sooth the mind featuring a rare Shpongle DJ set, Banco de Gaia, The Orb Soundsystem, and a full live performance from The Egg.

This event will take place in a fully licensed 2500 capacity space to be announced seven days before lift-off.

A percentage of the profits will be donated to D.E.C. East Africa Appeal. For more details, please visit: http://www.dec.org.uk/

For more details visit: Facebook: ElixirOfLifeEvents

LISTINGS INFO BELOW:

Name: Elixir Of Life

Line-up: Android Jones, Logic Bomb, System 7, The Orb Soundsystem, Shpongle, The Egg, Guaid. :aughing Buddha, Loud, Khainz, Banco De Gaia, George Barker, Form, Lucas, Tom Real, Grantly, Shane Gobi. Edoardo, Liquid Ross, Tongue & Groove, Ipcress, Aliji, Simon Baring, Niquid, Lemon Tree, Diego Coelho.

Date: 01.10.2011

Venue Address: Secret Warehouse Space in London TBA.

Door Times: 22:00-11:00

Cost: £17.50 / More On The Door.

Tickets: Access All Areas — ph: 020 7267 8320/ http://bit.ly/ElixirOfLifeTickets

Music Policy: Trance, Psy-Trance, House, Techno, Progressive, Breaks, World Music.

Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Re: Elixir of Life - indoor psy festival

Postby BassBin Terrorizer » 28 Sep 2011, 22:07

hmmmm think i'm busy
BassBin Terrorizer
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 45 times
Sorted in: 28 times
Motto: Just 1 segment of the dance music orange

Postby Darchigan » 28 Sep 2011, 22:26

I'M IN !!! :) This Indian summer has so much got me wanting to go out this weekend so finding out about this event has been a god send.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby yohankiwi » 29 Sep 2011, 21:41

I'm going to this - going to be absolutely epic. Any ravetalkers going should get in touch and we can meet up! :)
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby MiniMarc » 30 Sep 2011, 14:09

set times:

SET LISTS MAIN ROOM 10:30 - 01:00 - Niquid 01:00 - 02:30 - Liquid Ross 02:30 - 03:30 - System 7 03:30 - 05:00 - Shane Gobi 05:00 - 06:00 - Logic Bomb 06:00 - 07:30 - Lucas 07:30 - 08:30 - Loud 08:30 - 10:00 - Edoardo 10:00 - 11:00 - Laughing Buddha ALTERNATIVE ROOM 11:00 - 12:00 - Diego Coehlo 12.00 - 01.00 - Ipcress 01:00 - 02:00 - Gaudi 02:00 - 03:00 - Førm 03:00 - 04:00 - Khainz 04:00 - 05:00 - Grantly 05:00 - 06:00 - George Barker 06:00 - 07:00 - Tom Real 07:00 - 08:00 - Tongue and Groove OTHER ROOM 11.00 - 12.00 - Aliji 12-00 - 01.00 - The Egg 01.00 - 02.00 - Simon B 02.00 - 03.00 - The Orb 03.00 - 04.00 - Banco de Gaia 04.00 - 05.00 - Shpongle Dj Set 05.00 - 06.00 - Lemon Tree
MiniMarc
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby PaulX » 30 Sep 2011, 14:45

yohankiwi wrote:I'm going to this - going to be absolutely epic. Any ravetalkers going should get in touch and we can meet up! :)

Can any of those who are going get "liking" this article? http://www.ravetalk.co.uk/indoor-psy-festival/ ;)

The old-look front page will be replaced soon btw. It was only brought in as an emergency measure when the custom theme I made for it got messed up. That was like two years ago. :oops:
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Postby Darchigan » 02 Oct 2011, 15:59

Had a great time and what a friendly bunch of people! :) Trance and psy Trance crowds are usually real nice. I liked Niquid's set, that was a great way to start the evening and in the Chillout Room which was not much of a Chillout Room there was a non-psy trance act with a much more urban sound and an MC that was excellent, he dropped some excellent beats, convoluted but also very solid and when he started looping bits and pieces of Ska I was in my element.

There was a massive 40 minute queue for people who had already bought tickets but those who just wanted to pay on the door didn't have to wait long at all. That gave us something to moan about and the smokers area was way too small but the crowd were so considerate towards each other that that wasn't any kind of problem and its the first time I've ever noticed people pointing the barman in my direction because I was there before them.

Water at £4 per bottle was totally unacceptable and the bar staff were not willing to offer tap water.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby yohankiwi » 04 Oct 2011, 08:18

Darchigan wrote:Had a great time and what a friendly bunch of people! :) Trance and psy Trance crowds are usually real nice. I liked Niquid's set, that was a great way to start the evening and in the Chillout Room which was not much of a Chillout Room there was a non-psy trance act with a much more urban sound and an MC that was excellent, he dropped some excellent beats, convoluted but also very solid and when he started looping bits and pieces of Ska I was in my element.

There was a massive 40 minute queue for people who had already bought tickets but those who just wanted to pay on the door didn't have to wait long at all. That gave us something to moan about and the smokers area was way too small but the crowd were so considerate towards each other that that wasn't any kind of problem and its the first time I've ever noticed people pointing the barman in my direction because I was there before them.

Water at £4 per bottle was totally unacceptable and the bar staff were not willing to offer tap water.

Was cool to meet you Darch! Even if i was rather spangled by that point ;) haha

Twas indeed a wicked party. I believe the act with the mc you were referring to was the orb, who played a great set!! However, System 7 stole the night for me with an absolutely mindblowing set. Really enjoyed Gaudi too who got the whole room skanking their asses off :)

I was a bit disappointed by the android jones exhibition though, I really got into his art before the party and was looking forward to seeing his stuff in person, but it was placed so high up in such dark areas you couldn't see any of it!!
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby PaulX » 04 Oct 2011, 14:38

Darchigan wrote:Water at £4 per bottle was totally unacceptable and the bar staff were not willing to offer tap water.

I hope you report them for this irresponsible stance. I know it's commonplace but the more people challenge this sort of thing, the greater the chance of stamping it out.

A lot of people think that club/bar staff have to give out tap water for free if requested. This is only the case if it's a condition on their licence (worth getting Trading Standards to check). But even if it isn't a licence condition, they are still supposed to serve you with tap water (although they are allowed to charge for this, which brings you back to square one).

:idea: Tell you what we could do though. Let's have a thread listing club bars where people have been refused tap water and charged silly prices for bottled water.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Postby BassBin Terrorizer » 04 Oct 2011, 14:52

is it actually illegal though?

I know that places which serve food legally have to provide a free drinking water option and that it's can be a legal requirement if specifically stated in the premises licence.. and that morally and ethically it should be provided.. but is it actually a legal requirement?
BassBin Terrorizer

Sorted out: 45 times
Sorted in: 28 times
Motto: Just 1 segment of the dance music orange

Next

Return to Events (archive)