Festival/Event Work

Random bollocks, geek chic, highbrow debate, pretentious tosh. You'll find it all on a good day.

Festival/Event Work

Postby faix » 04 Apr 2012, 00:42

Shot in the dark here, but don't suppose anyone knows any traders looking for festival/event staff for this season?
I bugga off to India a week today (wahey!) and am desperatley seeking some casual work for when i'm back, got a bit but need more - have messaged alot of people but only some are getting back to me and that's usually with the answer 'thanks but no thanks, we got staff sorted'.

Can't handle re entering the rat race world as soon as i'm back from India, especially after the past few months i've had at this job - nearly broke me a person.
brown depositry.
faix
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 15 times
Motto: confused.

Re: Festival/Event Work

Postby Calla » 05 Apr 2012, 08:30

I dunno about work, but I hope you have a great time in india. What are you going to do while you're there?
Calla
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 19 times
Sorted in: 16 times

Festival/Event Work

Postby sim667 » 05 Apr 2012, 17:45

I know Bout stewarding, but not on stalls.

My friend sometimes works for grannies gaff, but I don't know if she wil this yearl. She normally is looking for people to work. If she does do them this year I'll try and put you in contact
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Re: Festival/Event Work

Postby faix » 05 Apr 2012, 23:03

yeah, stewardings fair game but need paid work really. working a couple selling burritos haha, but need more. shame the clothes stall i worked for yesterday ended up being ran by nazi hippies or i'd go back to them.

did send a message on facebook to grannies gaff. would be class to work for them, they havent got back to me though. if you could put me in touch would be megae grateful.

n calla im going india for 3 months to teach english to women and children as well as educate on hiv, aids and drugs awareness. need some me time too, got myself in a seriously bad space as of late hoping india will be a good space for me to fix up my mental outlook so to speak
brown depositry.
faix
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 15 times
Motto: confused.

Festival/Event Work

Postby sim667 » 06 Apr 2012, 20:51

faix wrote:yeah, stewardings fair game but need paid work really. working a couple selling burritos haha, but need more. shame the clothes stall i worked for yesterday ended up being ran by nazi hippies or i'd go back to them.

did send a message on facebook to grannies gaff. would be class to work for them, they havent got back to me though. if you could put me in touch would be megae grateful.

n calla im going india for 3 months to teach english to women and children as well as educate on hiv, aids and drugs awareness. need some me time too, got myself in a seriously bad space as of late hoping india will be a good space for me to fix up my mental outlook so to speak

Some are paid, Greenstewards have a couple paid but they tend to be one day things. Oxfam don't I don't think, I think there's a company called dcss who pay, but they're shit festivals and loooooooooong hours
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted in: 45 times

Festival/Event Work

Postby sim667 » 06 Apr 2012, 20:54

Have you asked on efestival forums etc?
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk