Festival weirdness

Random bollocks, geek chic, highbrow debate, pretentious tosh. You'll find it all on a good day.

Re: Festival weirdness

Postby Darchigan » 12 Jul 2011, 22:00

I had an absolutely magic moment at Global last year when I was in the Carl Cox tent and Simian Mobile Disco were playing. Two circus performers came up to me and performed a little act where one clown tried to grab a small ball with a light in it off the other clown and they were sticking it their mouths and making it appear from their elbows and then it would pop out from behind an ear, lots of fun illusionistic stuff.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby Magma » 13 Jul 2011, 10:39

The Drum Machine have been at Glastonbury for the past few years... they have a room with what looks like spaceship controls, all linked via MIDI to Ableton so that everyone can jam together. It's got just the right level of "Is this really working or am I making a total dick out of myself" for festival silliness! :D

http://www.thedrummachine.co.uk/
Magma
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 7 times
Sorted in: 17 times

Postby faix » 02 Aug 2011, 03:01

I know it was nothing spectacular, but that little triangle shaped thing at Glade this year near ID Sprial. You went in through little doors to a tiny room full of mirrors and writing, then through some more tiny doors to another room... I spent hours in there.
brown depositry.
faix
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 15 times
Motto: confused.

Postby faix » 02 Aug 2011, 03:07

Oh and this..... http://www.baka.co.uk/rinky/

I saw a man at Green Gathering this weekend who I think may of been part of the Rinky Dink lot, but he was absolutley hypnotic. He would go around on this old piano playing this beautiful music and singing in a really coarse, deep, cabare voice whilst cycling around on it which was controlled by him moving about on his piano chair? He looked like he'd just stepped out of a Tim Burton movie.
brown depositry.
faix
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 15 times
Motto: confused.

Previous

Return to Life, the Universe and Everything