gatecrasher sound systems @ northampton

Archive of old events threads (read only). Please just join or start a new thread under Life, the Universe and Everything to discuss current events.

gatecrasher sound systems @ northampton

Postby cazza » 25 Jan 2008, 18:18

anyone going? i got my ticket yesterday as i live in northampton woohoo

£135 2 days camping
dizzee rascal
prodigy
chemical brothers
dj marky
dj yoda
zane lowe
nypc
and others
cazza
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Re: gatecrasher sound systems @ northampton

Postby PaulX » 25 Jan 2008, 20:00

Some ace headliners. Do you know any more?
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby cazza » 25 Jan 2008, 21:57

Gatecrasher Weekend Summer Sound System have announced Trance DJ Paul Oakenfold is added to the line-up.

He joins Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy, CSS, New Young Pony Club, Audio Bullys, Soulwax Nite Versions (2manyDJs), Dizzee Rascal, Simian Mobile Disco, Digitalism (live), Pete Tong, Tiga, The Whip, Axwell & Ingrosso (Swedish House Mafia), Bloc Party Dj Set>, Roni Size Reprazent, Dj Yoda, Dj Marky, and Zane Lowe who are all confirmed for the Gatecrasher Weekend to be held at Turweston Aerodrome, Northamptonshire, on Saturday 24th and Sunday 25th May.

The Prodigy are the headline act for the Saturday and The Chemical Brothers will headline on the Sunday.

Dirty Disco, Zane Lowe and Tiga will all be hosting their own arenas whilst Metropolis and One Nation take charge of the urban flavours. The Ed Banger label will be bringing French tech wizardry to the show with old favourites Hed Kandi and Fantazia returning for late night mayhem.

More acts will be announced over the coming weeks for the event, which has around 200 DJs and live acts across 10 arenas.

New for this year is boutique camping, a 24-hour market place with gourmet food stalls and out of town shopping plus an onsite diary room, supersonic fairground and a additional adventures. Facilities on offer include secure onsite lockers, plentiful cash machines, Ibiza angels to massage away your aching limbs and even karaoke.
cazza

Postby Efflux-J » 29 Jan 2008, 20:04

Good line-up, but DJ Yoda is the shitest DJ if you want to have a dance, his cutting and fannying around is great for 2 minutes after that its annoying. grrr.
Efflux-J
Party Animal
Party Animal

Gatecrasher Festival

Postby Jemo » 19 Feb 2008, 18:11

I know I know, but I really am tempted to get a day pass to go see Prodigy ... They are one of the groups I dream of seeing, and I can see them doing Glade or Sunrise ... and they hardly play these days, so it is rarely you get the chance to see them play ... mmmmm tempted to go :wackyhat:
enlightened about the medicinal qualities of the Donk
Jemo
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 3 times
Sorted in: 3 times
Motto: this little rabbit loves to rave

Re: Gatecrasher Festival

Postby ThE99THReDBallooN » 19 Feb 2008, 20:05

tbf they were great the last two tours i saw, guessin they will be testing out afew new tunes & clearin up the set a bit aswell
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow, what a ride."
ThE99THReDBallooN
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 12 times
Motto: Embrace Der Hosenbugler

Postby buzzingtalk » 20 Feb 2008, 11:39

thev last summer sound system 9around 6-7 years ago) was awesome, i went, was only for one night but they put on a sick party! id reccomend it to anyone, the line up looks amazing but i just dont have the cash :( ive got an affinity with gatecrasher, as this was the first big out of london rave i went to. have so many funny memories from that weekend!
buzzingtalk
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Postby Smiffy1001 » 22 Feb 2008, 16:42

i went to the summer sound in 2001 and the last one in 2002. Its was a good festival with a good atmosphere!

It looks even better this time around!
:elvis:
You just can't beat factually-correct rave talk...
Smiffy1001
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby c-more » 07 Mar 2008, 12:51

Im thinking about going to this. Bit of a mission but its worth it for the headliners. Bank holiday as well so don't need to sacrifice any annual leave to recover on the Monday.

Efflux- Dj Yoda is wicked. He plays 2 types of gigs a showcase where he cut and pastes and or does a dvdj set both are amazing, his turntable skills are second to none. His DJ sets in clubs are alot less broken up and certainly get ya ass shaking for a longer period than 5 minutes.

Don't dismiss him completely dude. He is in my opinion one of the most imaginative DJ's. Check out his artist album. :)
BRING THE NOISE!!
c-more
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby Beatmonkey » 07 Mar 2008, 16:04

c-more wrote:
Don't dismiss him completely dude. He is in my opinion one of the most imaginative DJ's. Check out his artist album. :)

His artist album is mint. Live I've only seen him once but it was a bit too cut, sorta like when you see the scratch perverts, they just take their widdleing too far at times.
Massive hippycrit.
Beatmonkey

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

Return to Events (archive)