Glade 2013

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Glade 2013

Postby pesh » 26 Jan 2013, 12:09

last time i went to Shambala i was a bit put off by the numbers of crusty parents rolling around in K-holes while their toddlers looked on a bit concerned. i've got nothing against toddlers or K-holes, i just think anyone that combines em is a bit of a cunt.
lets go get sushi, and not pay!
pesh
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 34 times

Postby Jake Burns » 26 Jan 2013, 12:15

quite surprised about that - was that down at the old plymouth site? It did get a bit messy in the last year or two there (2005/06?) - but it changed a lot when it moved to the northampton site and got a lot more respectable (ish)

(btw - we've got well off topic from the Glade - but might as well fill in time until any news either way..)

vimeo.com Video from : vimeo.com
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby pesh » 26 Jan 2013, 12:33

think it was 2010
lets go get sushi, and not pay!
pesh
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 34 times

Postby RebelINS » 28 Jan 2013, 17:06

I see the Glade Facebook page has changed its name to Pearl Festival
RebelINS
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby sim667 » 28 Jan 2013, 17:24

pesh wrote:last time i went to Shambala i was a bit put off by the numbers of crusty parents rolling around in K-holes while their toddlers looked on a bit concerned. i've got nothing against toddlers or K-holes, i just think anyone that combines em is a bit of a cunt.

What?!? I've never seen that there

Have done at other fests though
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Postby Darchigan » 28 Jan 2013, 18:15

pesh wrote:last time i went to Shambala i was a bit put off by the numbers of crusty parents rolling around in K-holes while their toddlers looked on a bit concerned. i've got nothing against toddlers or K-holes, i just think anyone that combines em is a bit of a cunt.

Agreed, Toddlers are far too young to understand what's going on and I dont think older children should see that either. I think older kids can cope with drunk or stoned parents so long as its not too extreme, they undersatnd what's going on and there are straight adults about the place.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby turtlez » 28 Jan 2013, 19:37

RebelINS wrote:I see the Glade Facebook page has changed its name to Pearl Festival

They also retweeted this festival a few days ago. You think they could say hang on guys...or sorry its not happening. I really think its not going to happen.
turtlez

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby Jake Burns » 28 Jan 2013, 21:27

sim667 wrote:

Agree. Im not saying its never happened - but thankfully its not a common sight - i've certainly never seen it & you'd remember something like that. My friends who take their kids there love it as they feel the kids are safe, there's loads for them to do and the party side of it isnt as in your face as at other festivals (does Boomtown really have a kids area? i defo wouldnt take kids there - or the Glade for that matter)

And talking of the Glade - someone on another forum reckons talks about selling the Glade have hit a few issues - so its in limbo until its sorted one way or the other
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

Postby PaulX » 28 Jan 2013, 21:31

Jake Burns wrote:And talking of the Glade - someone on another forum reckons talks about selling the Glade have hit a few issues - so its in limbo until its sorted one way or the other

Sounds reasonable, as everyone who I've spoken to who either already knows what is going on, or has made direct enquiries to the inside people about what is going on, suddenly starts keeping very quiet about it after saying they would come back with the full story.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Glade 2013

Postby sim667 » 28 Jan 2013, 21:39

Jake Burns wrote:
sim667 wrote:

Agree. Im not saying its never happened - but thankfully its not a common sight - i've certainly never seen it & you'd remember something like that. My friends who take their kids there love it as they feel the kids are safe, there's loads for them to do and the party side of it isnt as in your face as at other festivals (does Boomtown really have a kids area? i defo wouldnt take kids there - or the Glade for that matter)

I've stewarded at shambala for the last few years and its the only festival I've never heard concerns about a parents ability to look after a child. It'd be unfair to name other festivals but it does happen.

Shambala has a very very good lost child policy in place, and there's a massive onus on making it a child freindly festival. A good freind of mine took his 3 month old and 4 year old last year (he'd taken the four year old once previously), and granted they stayed in a hotel but were very impressed with the facilities for changing babies and bottle heating etc and the kids area. The four year old had a brilliant.

And yes boomtown does have a kids area, it's up the hill toward the main entrance (or was last year) and there was a stall in there selling banging pizza.
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)