Glade 2013

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Glade 2013

Postby Darchigan » 29 Jan 2013, 00:43

With kids you should also think carefully about volume levels, what's comfortable for you can be painful for them. I remember that from one childhood festival experience :(
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby BassBin Terrorizer » 29 Jan 2013, 00:52

i told some parents off when at a festival once.. i thought it was fucking loud and head ear plugs in, i told this couple with child that there are some really good over ear style ones for kids... they didn;'t appretiate it, so i made a scene :P
BassBin Terrorizer
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 45 times
Sorted in: 28 times
Motto: Just 1 segment of the dance music orange

Postby Darchigan » 29 Jan 2013, 17:21

Sounds good to me . . .
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby ThE99THReDBallooN » 30 Jan 2013, 20:19

I remember at Glade 2007, i think, people giving over ear-plugs out to all the kids that went through the fence. Were loads of kids with brightly covered ear-plugs that year.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow, what a ride."
ThE99THReDBallooN
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 12 times
Motto: Embrace Der Hosenbugler

Postby fletcher » 30 Jan 2013, 22:12

so a week after sperge (lol, oldschool) was promised some news from a meeting that was being held, we still know nothing. Its a real shame that we have had a wall of silence this year, shows an unfortunate lack of respect to those of us who have stuck by them over the years.

A simple "see you in 2014" would have done, or at least a bit of info on what is going on...
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby PaulX » 31 Jan 2013, 00:19

fletcher wrote:so a week after sperge (lol, oldschool) was promised some news from a meeting that was being held, we still know nothing. Its a real shame that we have had a wall of silence this year, shows an unfortunate lack of respect to those of us who have stuck by them over the years.

A simple "see you in 2014" would have done, or at least a bit of info on what is going on...

The simple truth of the matter is that none of the original directors of Glade are now directly involved with the event. Glade is just a name now and whoever currently holds the rights to it doesn't seem to be sure what to do with it. If there was anything to announce either way, they would do so. Personally I don't think a decision has yet been reached on which way to go, hence the silence.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby leakatron » 31 Jan 2013, 00:43

Literally everyone who has even slight involvement is saying fuck all or even worse are just repeating the same line about "wait and see, it'll be worth it"

Even the people that were talking who know people involved are all saying fuck all...

Personally (and this is literally just my opinion), but i think they have spent so fucking long trying to negotiating a deal over who is taking ownership of the festival, with the switch up between directors and the subsiquent amendments between SGP offical and the new director (who are also involved with SGP but not being involved as SGP), that they have realised that they have basically fucked any chance of selling enough tickets to even make this years festival get anywhere close to breaking even.

that said the deal is falling apart and they have basically fucked it!

Frankly i'm going to abandon glade and assume it isn't happening :(
leakatron
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby sim667 » 31 Jan 2013, 14:33

They should just let me run it tbf.

This post by author sim667 sorted: 3
Beatmonkey (31 Jan 2013, 17:21) • Calla (13 Feb 2013, 22:37) • fletcher (31 Jan 2013, 22:06)
Rating: 60%

sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Postby Beatmonkey » 31 Jan 2013, 17:21

PaulX wrote:
fletcher wrote:so a week after sperge (lol, oldschool) was promised some news from a meeting that was being held, we still know nothing. Its a real shame that we have had a wall of silence this year, shows an unfortunate lack of respect to those of us who have stuck by them over the years.

The simple truth of the matter is that none of the original directors of Glade are now directly involved with the event. Glade is just a name now and whoever currently holds the rights to it doesn't seem to be sure what to do with it. If there was anything to announce either way, they would do so. Personally I don't think a decision has yet been reached on which way to go, hence the silence.

So even Ans is out now then??
Massive hippycrit.
Beatmonkey

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

Postby Jake Burns » 31 Jan 2013, 19:28

sim667 wrote:They should just let me run it tbf.

Show them the money - and i'm sure they'll let you
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)