Glade 2013

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Glade 2013

Postby sim667 » 31 Jan 2013, 19:40

Jake Burns wrote:
sim667 wrote:They should just let me run it tbf.

Show them the money - and i'm sure they'll let you

Lend us a fiver and I'll get the show on the road ;)
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Re: Glade 2013

Postby rewast » 01 Feb 2013, 10:34

It's so lame the fact that someone somewhere 'owns' glade in some guise of ownership and they can't convey a few simple things..
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 3 times

Postby PaulX » 01 Feb 2013, 11:20

Beatmonkey wrote:
PaulX wrote:
The simple truth of the matter is that none of the original directors of Glade are now directly involved with the event. Glade is just a name now and whoever currently holds the rights to it doesn't seem to be sure what to do with it. If there was anything to announce either way, they would do so. Personally I don't think a decision has yet been reached on which way to go, hence the silence.

So even Ans is out now then??

It would appear to be so.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby rewast » 01 Feb 2013, 17:01

With him out of the picture I guess there is no one left with a passion for it, to drive it through.
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby rewast » 05 Feb 2013, 21:32

So.. has anyone heard any more on 2013 glade?
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby leakatron » 05 Feb 2013, 22:06

rewast wrote:So.. has anyone heard any more on 2013 glade?

Everyone who was in the know is either nothing to do with glade anymore or is literally saying fuck all!

I was being told that it was still on the same site and still 100% happening but that was a few weeks ago and there has been nothing since.

All the psy lot appear to have moved onto pearl festival so i think they can probably see where glade is going

Usually i would say that no news is good news, but in this instance i think it's more likely that glade is dead
leakatron
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby pesh » 06 Feb 2013, 01:08

i've heard it's finished. lost waaaay too much money last year and they couldn't get any decent offers to sell it.

to be honest, i'd rather it just ended on a high rather than being sold to a corporate events company or being kept on life support as a shadow of it's former self by some well meaning but potless independent crew.

the original stage is still going to be at Glastonbury thou :)
lets go get sushi, and not pay!
pesh
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 34 times

Glade 2013

Postby sim667 » 06 Feb 2013, 11:35

So there's a gap in the market then for a proper dance festival in the south east. Beat herders up north, global gathering etc are shit, bfw is all the way in Cornwall, waveform is apparently not that good, and bloc is dead.
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Postby rewast » 06 Feb 2013, 13:15

People say to me SGP is a good one - but I don't think it offers the level of electronica I need.

Boomtown sounds too, well youngster-esque. Could be wrong.. I'm not old..but I don't wanna be surrounded by 18 yr ollds dribbling over dubstep relentlessly.

I did love the psy at glade, but I dont want to go to a purely psy festival - need more variety.

I post a lot on psymusic festival..and everyone in the know is stone cold silent now.

It's hard to imagine why the 'glade' proposition could not be resurrected. Hmm.

So basically. Someone at SGP will know for sure if it's on or not. But they are the ones remaining tight-lipped.

I need a proper electronic festival. Might have to try abroad
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby Jake Burns » 06 Feb 2013, 20:07

rewast wrote:
It's hard to imagine why the 'glade' proposition could not be resurrected. Hmm.

So basically. Someone at SGP will know for sure if it's on or not..

Not necessarily - I dont know the in/outs but if who ever owns the name/company whatever is still trying to sell their share/rights/whatever and talks are still ongoing/stalemated - then no one will know. If you ever bought a house - you'll know how long that can go on for - now multiply that by a factor of something large for the ins/outs of selling a festival.

Why would there be a conspiracy? If someone knew for sure - or it was their place to say - they would either say its not on or be trying to flog you a ticket...
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)