Glade 2013

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Glade 2013

Postby davegsm82 » 13 Feb 2013, 00:06

Fair enough, thanks for the replies.

I suppose everything that has been said makes sense, I just would have liked to see Ans (being the last of the original lot) maybe tip us a hint about what was probably going to be happening. Glade was a fairly big part of many peoples year, mine as much as anyones, the uncertainty has meant having to hold off on other things.

Its a shame really.

Oh well, who's up for Pearl then?

Dave.
davegsm82
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby Darchigan » 13 Feb 2013, 20:06

davegsm82 wrote:Oh well, who's up for Pearl then?

I really like psy-trance the way it was done a Glade, something you could move on to after other musical experiences :) A club night is fine but a whole three days of it wouldn't work for me.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby rewast » 13 Feb 2013, 22:18

Yeah it's such an anti-climax just silently dropping out of existence.

3 days of psy is too much for me. Some of my friends are going to Hadra - but I'm not sure i'm really up for psy focused fest. This will be the first time in 7 years we've not all gone to the same festival I think - times change I guess
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 3 times

Postby davegsm82 » 13 Feb 2013, 22:37

Darchigan wrote:I really like psy-trance the way it was done a Glade...

Me too, It was an Amazing mix, just being able to wander from Psy, to Dub, to WTF you find in the Rabbit hole or some other random place. You didn't get bored.

I admit that 3 days of Psy may get a bit much, but the lineup is shaping up to be pretty interesting, at Phase-1 ticket prices even having to drive all the way from Newcastle isn't off-putting.

rewast; We've done glade since 2009, in the miss-fire of 2010 we did Waveform. That was nice, may do waveform again but I've read somewhere it has started to go downhill?

Dave.
davegsm82

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby rewast » 19 Feb 2013, 10:55

I've had a few friends do waveform and heard mixed reviews. I'm strongly considering a foreign festival.
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby yohankiwi » 20 Feb 2013, 07:22

Darchigan wrote:
davegsm82 wrote:Oh well, who's up for Pearl then?

I really like psy-trance the way it was done a Glade, something you could move on to after other musical experiences :) A club night is fine but a whole three days of it wouldn't work for me.

Yeah totally feel the same way - I love me some psy-trance but I get bored of it pretty quick as well and definitely can´t do a whole 3 days of just psy trance. That was what was great about glade, one of the only festivals around where you get all the perks of a psy-trance festival but without being forced to listen to solely psy-trance for 3 days straight. Waveform´s sort of in the same vein, but no way near as much variety as Glade. Life festival in Ireland also looks quite good, anyone tried that one? Any others in europe in a similar vein?
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby rewast » 23 Feb 2013, 12:24

http://www.skiddle.com/news/all/I-would ... ise/11918/

Shame things have changed so much for Ans in a year!
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby Jake Burns » 23 Feb 2013, 13:58

Having a family changes most people's priorities. Having a family and a big estate to sort out would change anyone's priorities Anyone see the Planners doc on telly last week?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_4/
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

Postby rewast » 23 Feb 2013, 15:57

Oooh i'll watch that later!
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby Beatmonkey » 24 Feb 2013, 23:21

Jake Burns wrote:Having a family changes most people's priorities. Having a family and a big estate to sort out would change anyone's priorities Anyone see the Planners doc on telly last week?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b0 ... Episode_4/

He's bang on getting on telly isn't he. I suppose it's a good way to get top notch advice for free. I havn't watched the planners thing but having watched the channel 4 doc can't he just start holding parties in the family pile, they looked fucking wicked.
Massive hippycrit.
Beatmonkey
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)