Glade 2013

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Glade 2013

Postby Beatmonkey » 24 Feb 2013, 23:48

Just been skipping through the program like a sad information whore. 10, 20 and 42 are the minutes you want to skip to if you're interested. Also good on him, seems like a decent bloke, hope it all works out for him. If I was in the market for a wedding venue it would be pretty high on my list.
Massive hippycrit.
Beatmonkey
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

Postby rewast » 25 Feb 2013, 23:57

Such a gorgeous estate, hope it all goes well for them all.

Those gardeners have the best job in the world looking after somewhere like that!
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 3 times

Postby Candiety » 31 May 2013, 12:17

https://www.facebook.com/Glade.Festival?fref=ts

Anyone notice anything with mutual likes on this page? I used to have about 30+ friends who'd liked that page, but now I only have 2.

I can't imagine that everybody other than me & 2 others has unliked the Glade page since the 2013 cancellation. Have Glade been purging people or what? Anyone else noticed this?
Candiety
Here long enough to buy a round
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted in: 1 time

Postby Hot Cakes » 02 Jul 2013, 15:57

It's not looking good. Such a shame.
Hot Cakes
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby Exulus » 14 Jul 2013, 13:23

I'm surprised no one has mentioned Pearl festival here? I take it this board has no psytrance lovers on it? :o

Pearl seems (and feels, although this is just a guess) that it might have roots/people working behind it that did the original Glades..especially more so now that the venue has moved to...wait for it...Houghton Hall! Basically looks like this festival is Glade, the stripped down, hippy version :)

https://www.facebook.com/PearlFestival
http://www.pearlfestival.com/

Check out the map ..so happy to get to boogie down at the meteor stage again too even if its in a slightly different guise! https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 1629_o.jpg
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 3 times

Postby Jake Burns » 14 Jul 2013, 14:48

I seem to recall someone saying the guy behind Pearl is from South Africa and been involved with big parties out there. It'll be interesting to see how a Euro style purely psy festival does in the UK - particularly in Norfolk (as home counties people are notoriously slack about travelling to anything). The last few Glades struggled to get 3,500 with multiple stages & a lot of freebie tickets. I noticed Pearl have added an extra psy-everything else stage on top of of the main psy-trance stage but I think in the UK you need to have other sorts of music going on to attract the size of crowd you need to fund a reasonable production - but hopefully i'll get proven wrong.
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

Postby fletcher » 16 Jul 2013, 12:48

What a glorious weekend this would have been for Glade....

But yes, good luck to Pearl. Busy that weekend but I know a few people who have tickets and it will be interesting to see how it goes down!
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Previous

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)