Glade 2013 – Top 3 you would like to see?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Glade 2013 – Top 3 you would like to see?

Postby FOTZA » 23 Jun 2012, 14:13

MN3205 wrote:Bonobo, Amon Tobin and squarepusher with the LED show, not that I spend any of this year listening to that sort of thing :)

Good shout :thup:
FOTZA
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 16 times
Sorted in: 14 times

Postby gluebeg » 24 Jun 2012, 14:51

Can't think of a top 3 atm.

More acid techno please!!!
gluebeg
Part of the furniture already
Part of the furniture already

Sorted out: 6 times
Sorted in: 2 times

Postby Sterny » 27 Jun 2012, 17:45

fletcher wrote:
Sterny wrote:More wobble!

I caught most of Bar9's set in the bassment on Sunday night, and for the main I really enjoyed it. Really good soundsystem in that tent, coupled with constant smoke machine, lasers and a big wobbling crowd, I had great fun, and Im not afraid to admit it!

We went to The Bassment on Sunday to see some of that stuff and there was about 3 people in the tent and sound was quieter than my phone so we went back to Glade stage. Didn't bother going back again which is a shame!
Listen to my hooves, listen to my hooves!
My Mixcloud
Sterny
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 3 times
Sorted in: 7 times

Postby FOTZA » 27 Jun 2012, 18:48

Sterny wrote:
fletcher wrote:
I caught most of Bar9's set in the bassment on Sunday night, and for the main I really enjoyed it. Really good soundsystem in that tent, coupled with constant smoke machine, lasers and a big wobbling crowd, I had great fun, and Im not afraid to admit it!

We went to The Bassment on Sunday to see some of that stuff and there was about 3 people in the tent and sound was quieter than my phone so we went back to Glade stage. Didn't bother going back again which is a shame!

Was that at about 530pm? Me and a few mates headed there to see Lee Mortimer's set which i was mega excited about as i've never seen him play and there were about 5 people in there and it was shockingly quiet, i mean like sit down pub music quiet. We located the sound man and pleaded with him to turn it up and he did but only by a tiny notch so after 15 minutes we just thought fark this and went to listen to something loud. What's that about?! I'm pretty sure the reason the tent was so empty is coz everyone who poked their head into it thought why stick around here when i can be dancing to something loud and bangin! We went back for Foamo's set a bit later which was busy and the the system was cranked and sounding amazing, big shame it wasn't the same earlier in the day.

Writing this has just reminded me ... where the hell was everyone during the daytime? It seemed like none of the dance tents/stages got busy til about 7pm on any day which was a big shame for those playing earlier. Lazing around the campsite repairing for another night of abuse i guess.. bloody lightweights i tell thee! :P
FOTZA
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 16 times
Sorted in: 14 times

Postby PaulX » 27 Jun 2012, 20:36

FOTZA wrote:
Sterny wrote:We went to The Bassment on Sunday to see some of that stuff and there was about 3 people in the tent and sound was quieter than my phone so we went back to Glade stage. Didn't bother going back again which is a shame!

Was that at about 530pm? Me and a few mates headed there to see Lee Mortimer's set which i was mega excited about as i've never seen him play and there were about 5 people in there and it was shockingly quiet, i mean like sit down pub music quiet. We located the sound man and pleaded with him to turn it up and he did but only by a tiny notch so after 15 minutes we just thought fark this and went to listen to something loud. What's that about?! I'm pretty sure the reason the tent was so empty is coz everyone who poked their head into it thought why stick around here when i can be dancing to something loud and bangin! We went back for Foamo's set a bit later which was busy and the the system was cranked and sounding amazing, big shame it wasn't the same earlier in the day.

Writing this has just reminded me ... where the hell was everyone during the daytime? It seemed like none of the dance tents/stages got busy til about 7pm on any day which was a big shame for those playing earlier. Lazing around the campsite repairing for another night of abuse i guess.. bloody lightweights i tell thee! :P

I was camping with Sterny's gang and we visited Bassment on a few occasions and it always seemed rather quiet at any time. There was an MC pleading with the engineers to turn it up at 2am on the Friday night. Mind you, Pesh says MCs doing this are targeting the wrong people.

I'm not really sure what was going on with the levels at Glade this year, though, as some stages were banging at times. The Funktion 1 rigs were definitely getting a good workout during Andy C's set for example.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby baldmosher » 28 Jun 2012, 14:15

Rowland T Bastard in Bassment was fucking loud and that was 2pm Saturday.

Not a clue what was going on, but I doubt the organisers are too happy about it, given the bad feelings towards Glade at the end of their time at Wasing -- I bet they were delighted to move to somewhere they could absolutely tear it out, but then absolutely gutted when they got the plod estimate. If it can be sorted, I'm sure it will be.

I should add that the locals didn't seem to be quite as happy about wandering about there this year, all the ones I saw wandering about with their kids in tow seemed to be a bit miserable, perhaps expecting it to be a Village Fete type of thing with lots of things for kids to do. Last year that's kinda what it was like, with everything nicely spread out, zorbs and stuff, but this year it was more compressed, and geared up for people having an intense party for 3 days straight. From the moment you walked into 'town' through the trees, you were confronted with 97dB of beats from Feast of Fools or DanceOff.

And I'm still smirking at the poster who described Origin's location as "in the middle of Babylon"

It's all well and good saying that sound restrictions are an unavoidable problem at night, but if they're not deafening people right from 12 noon thru 11pm, then what's the point having those massive rigs?

I'm conscious this thread has gone off topic.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby Sterny » 28 Jun 2012, 17:40

The only stage that seemed to be banging all weekend was Origin, big respect to Glade for this it was the best it's ever been for me!
Glade Stage defo needs to be semi-outdoors next year!
I think the shit levels purely down to miserable sound engineers.
Listen to my hooves, listen to my hooves!
My Mixcloud
Sterny
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 3 times

Postby PaulX » 28 Jun 2012, 18:15

Sterny wrote:The only stage that seemed to be banging all weekend was Origin, big respect to Glade for this it was the best it's ever been for me!

How would you know? You were kipping in your tent most of the weekend. :P
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Jake Burns » 28 Jun 2012, 18:24

Sterny wrote:The only stage that seemed to be banging all weekend was Origin, big respect to Glade for this it was the best it's ever been for me!.

The Origin looked brilliant and was outside & loud -so top marks... but... i thought the music was a bit flat - especially taken as a whole. I like the nano/alchemy sound - but its really designed as "morning music" for outdoor parties/festivals throughout the world where the music is 24/7 - and works really well first thing in the morning - but i found it (with or two exceptions) that the Origin stage didnt really go anywhere - especially when very similar all day/night - there wasnt much progression. Maybe it was just me. And all the people I was with.

Though obviously having the advantages of looking great and being outdoors - maybe people didnt mind the slightly ploddy music?
Last edited by Jake Burns on 28 Jun 2012, 20:44, edited 1 time in total.
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby Harry333 » 28 Jun 2012, 20:14

FOTZA wrote:
Sterny wrote:We went to The Bassment on Sunday to see some of that stuff and there was about 3 people in the tent and sound was quieter than my phone so we went back to Glade stage. Didn't bother going back again which is a shame!

There were quite a lot of people on the Sunday that I was looking forward to but every time we went in there it was us and 0-5 other people. It only really picked up for Foamo.
Harry333
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)