Glade 2013 – Top 3 you would like to see?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Glade 2013 – Top 3 you would like to see?

Postby Jake Burns » 28 Jun 2012, 23:18

bimblesnapper wrote:M Everyone was fucking miserable and not having it because they were sober and most people refused to pay that.

I agree about the horrendous bar charges - made a similar post on another thread but Im not sure every one was miserable because they were sober... but given the public nature of the forum, I wont engage in any discussion about it.
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby dannybee » 29 Jun 2012, 08:08

Strangely I am a complete nazi about sound and I only remember being disappointed by levels once for 5 mins until the engineer turned it up.

When I watched Kuedo the overkill tent was very empty so it was understandable why it was slightly quiet. However the definition and feel of the bass was much better than Wasing could muster on a good day.

The beer prices were high for a can but about right for a pint of draft I would say. 4.10 (I think it was) for a pint of gaymers or San Miguel wasn't too bad in my mind. I only had a few over the weekend and would have loved some ale so hoping for more of that next year.

In my mind the lineup they booked and how many tickets they clearly didn't sell meant They needed to get money where they can.

I just cant be negative about glade this year with the combination of the outdoor pyramid (which I think you'll find where a lot of people were on Sunday) and the forest I really think everything was taken to a new level.

Still everyone has different experiences I guess. I haven't got old and more excepting either. Walked out at two nights in London recently for sound quality/levels issues.

Bring on next year.

I'd love lots of proper fucking electro again (I dont mean electro house)

Al Tourette's and Radioactiveman proper smashed some choice chunky slabs of electro.

Maybe more of that from the likes of

Dexorcist
Dexter
Bass Junkie

Also I really really loved the pyromid stage on Sunday so more quality underground techno on that stage please

Er Meteor! Yes!

Brainfeer showcase?
Nosaj thing
Teebs
Lapalux (I think he played somewhere this year but missed it)
Young Montana

Can't wait for 2013 already
dannybee
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 2 times

Postby dannybee » 29 Jun 2012, 08:12

Oops. That was off topic at points and way more than 3 acts. :o
dannybee
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Postby dannybee » 29 Jun 2012, 08:20

bimblesnapper wrote:They are taking the absolute piss £5, a fucking drink. What in the actual fuck?? Everyone was fucking miserable and not having it because they were sober and most people refused to pay that.

Oh dear. Everyone was miserable because they were sober?!? :? Hmmm must have missed that one. Maybe I completely got it wrong but I really didn't feel everyone was miserable at Glade. Maybe some of the atmosphere was missing due to not selling enough tickets but I thought the people I met were far from miserable.

I have friends that need to be pissed to have a good time but I was pretty much sober on Sunday after runnin out of booze and money and had one of the best days of the weekend.
dannybee
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Postby Jake Burns » 29 Jun 2012, 17:29

dannybee wrote:
bimblesnapper wrote:Maybe I completely got it wrong but I really didn't feel everyone was miserable at Glade.

fully agree - one of smiliest & up for it crowds i've come across for ages

:)
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

Postby bdbamford » 05 Jul 2012, 12:15

bassment sounded quiet all weekend although i did enjoy pyramid and subslayers though.

overkill does need more down right nasty stomping music.

origin more zenon stuff would be ace, i dont think i heard any dark music on origin and would be nice if it were more varied.
sunday was quite proggy as max cooper set was quite stomping :)

sorry to go off topic.
bdbamford
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 4 times

Postby duburbanpoison » 05 Jul 2012, 15:33

koan sound (since they double booked this year) :(
Broken Note - He's usually on the over kill but was not this year
And 16 bit
duburbanpoison
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby dannybee » 06 Jul 2012, 10:20

16-bit are no more unfortunately. :(
dannybee
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Postby RebelINS » 07 Jul 2012, 17:01

If the Mutant Bass take over was repeated next year and moved to Meteor, there should be an Acroplane take over in Overkill, those guys could put on some SERIOUS bass treats with their roster no problem

Ireland's Acroplane label. Artists include Baconhead, Anodyne, Posthuman, Sunken Foal, wAgAwAgA, Mad EP, Shadow Huntaz, Dead Sound and Videohead, The Person, Patscan, Opti, Electromeca, Somatic Responses, Fluorescent Grey, Voltek, Ruby My Dear, Automatic Tasty, Porcelain Minotaurs and T-polar : www.acroplane.org

Some line up could be had from them boys. Lakker who were in the Overkill this year are doing work with them. Some big things coming up in the coming year too, massive potential, Glade should let it shine
RebelINS

Sorted out: 1 time

Postby A-Rob » 18 Jul 2012, 10:34

It's been some years since my last glade, but next hopefully I will return....if these 3 will be in the line up they would make my return even better

Laurent Garnier
Apparat
Aux 88
A-Rob

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)