Glade Festival 2009 FAQ

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Glade Festival 2009 FAQ

Postby PaulX » 19 Jan 2009, 16:36

When is it?

16-19 July 2009. The gates open to the public at 12 noon on Thursday, 16 July.

Where is it?

We can now reveal that Glade Festival 2009 will be held at the Matterley Bowl, Winchester.
Postcode for satnav is SO21 1HW.
Also see this thread for a discussion of the site layout.

What's the deal with alcohol this year? Will there be a limit on how
much we can bring?

The rules on personal alcohol levels are:

"It can only be brought in when the licensed bars are not open -
from 12 noon Thurs to 6pm Thurs.

"Only personal amounts can be admitted:
12 X CANS OF BEER
OR 2 X BOTTLES OF WINE
OR 6 X CANS OF BEER AND 1 X BOTTLE OF WINE
NO SPIRITS
NO GLASS WHATSOEVER SO BRING WINE IN BOXES OR PLASTIC BOTTLES!

This concession applies even though the info sheets with the tickets have "no alcohol" printed on them. Once the festival's licence officially starts, you can't bring booze in any more - that is what is being referred to. This has been confirmed with the organisers.

When are tickets on sale and how much are they?

Glade 2009 tickets are already on sale here.

A standard ticket (which includes camping) is £125, plus booking fee of £7, making a total of £132. Overseas tickets have an additional charge for postage. There is a maximum of eight tickets per customer.

Student tickets have sold out. You will of course have to show valid student ID to get in with these tickets.

Are there any age restrictions on under-18s?

16 and over can come in unaccompanied - they will need to bring ID and will not be allowed to bring or buy alcohol on site
Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
Under 12 are free with adult holding a valid adult ticket.

When will the full line-up be released?

The first wave of the line-up has been announced on our Glade 2009 line-up list and on the official website.

However, there is more to come and you can keep tabs on developments by reading the RaveTalk forum's Glade rumours thread and watching the Glade 2009 line-up list. Our rumour lists of previous years have been noted for their high accuracy.

Where can I send a demo CD for Glade crew to check out?

You can try contacting them at info@gladefestival.com

Will they show the football/cricket/Big Brother?

Pubs in the surrounding villages and towns are understood to have televisions.

Is it possible to pitch tents in the campervan field?

Organisers: No, due to fire regulations.

Can you clarify re use of BBQs (disposable or otherwise) within the arena and camping areas?

Organisers: No BBQs in any area - fire safety.

Small camping stoves are allowed, as long as they are raised off the ground. No campfires or BBQs allowed at all.

Are there cash machines at Glade?

Sperge: Yes.

But try to bring in adequate amounts of cash if you can, as the queues can get very long at times. That could be a great way of making new friends etc, but maybe not so great if you miss a favourite act. Some people have reported that these mobile ATMs only take debit rather than credit cards. There will be a charge (unknown exactly how much).

You can always put any surplus cash in the free 24-hour property lock-up until you need it.

What is the capacity for Glade this year?

This year's capacity is 10,000, as revealed here.

We previously stated that the organisers may increase capacity in certain circumstances. However, we now have new information that they will stick to the 10,000 capacity and are likely to sell out. So the only way to be certain is to buy while you still can!

How many people can I bring in with one campervan ticket? All people will obviously have normal glade tickets.

Organisers: You can have as many in one camper van as you like so long as they all got tickets - it's a public field.

Remember that's one campervan ticket for the van and one Glade ticket each for the people.
Last edited by PaulX on 18 Oct 2011, 00:19, edited 56 times in total.
Reason: updated satnav info
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Re: Glade Festival 2009 FAQ

Postby PaulX » 20 Mar 2009, 20:14

More of your questions and answers (these aren't really "frequently asked questions" but they've been reposted here for your convenience):

1 Is the big tower in Arcadia going to have DJs in it like it did at glasto?

Organisers: Yes - and we will also be making it the focal point for the 2 massive fire shows.....

2 About student tickets. What kind of I.d will I need on the gate? I usually just use my college I.D pass when wanting to get student discounts at cinema's and stuff, will it be the same here?

Organisers: Any valid proper photo student ID - it explains this on the ticket buying page

3 They've changed the glade stage line up now so that it reads as the bays and beardyman as two separate acts, rather than playing together :( Was this a typo before or is it a typo now?

Organisers: Beardyman couldnt do the joint gig due to another commitment .......... so we got them separately .........which is fucking wicked!

Update 13/07/09: Beardyman IS now playing with the Bays AND on his own. :)
Last edited by PaulX on 18 Oct 2011, 00:19, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Beardyman/Bays query updated
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Postby PaulX » 31 Mar 2009, 08:03

"A big worry among punters is that camping will be separated from the arenas. I'm very sure that it would never end up like Global Gathering etc with turnstiles between campsite and arena - but what exactly will the layout be like?

"Can camping be fitted into the bowl surrounding the arena or will people have to trek in from outside the bowl? A girl who went to Sanctuary last year (about the same capacity as Glade) says the camping field they provided was tiny and cramped, much more so than the most crowded Glades. This won't happen to Gladesters, will it?"

Organisers: There will be camping for about 40% of capacity in the arena and then the rest about 300 yards from the arena - there is no separation and people will be able to wander around at will 24hrs.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Postby PaulX » 02 May 2009, 22:20

1) Will there be shuttle buses to and from Winchester station (or wherever)? Any ideas on fares and frequency?

Organisers: Yes, absolutely - same frequency as always (i.e. frequent), don't know fare yet but it won't be much more than usual which was about 3 quid each way I think.

2) What is the latest time one can re-enter the festival?

Organisers: Gates are open 24hrs once the show is running.

3) Do you have any info on what food stalls will be present?

Organisers: All the usuals - lots of high quality meat and veggie and some organic - we will also be monitoring prices to keep it real.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Postby PaulX » 10 Jun 2009, 18:00

The official website has a good range of answers to frequently asked questions too: http://gladefestival.com/2009/#/FAQs/Fr ... _Asked_Qs/
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Postby admin » 15 Jul 2009, 16:42

Please note the new postcode for satnav: SO21 1HW

The old one was OK but this one is much more precise, at least it is when you look at Google Maps.
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
admin
firm but fair
firm but fair

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)