Glade Festival 2014

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Glade Festival 2014

Postby BassBin Terrorizer » 28 Jan 2013, 19:48

PaulX wrote:I think Pesh hit the nail on the head when he said that the original people who made Glade special in the early days have moved on or settled down.

OI i'm still going and i was there at the first year! I can't be expected to vibe a whole festival though.. I am but just 1 person :P
BassBin Terrorizer
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 45 times
Sorted in: 28 times
Motto: Just 1 segment of the dance music orange

Postby PaulX » 28 Jan 2013, 21:27

BassBin Terrorizer wrote:
PaulX wrote:I think Pesh hit the nail on the head when he said that the original people who made Glade special in the early days have moved on or settled down.

OI i'm still going and i was there at the first year! I can't be expected to vibe a whole festival though.. I am but just 1 person :P

I did say "people".

Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.

This post by author PaulX sorted:
BassBin Terrorizer (29 Jan 2013, 00:53)
Rating: 20%

PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Jake Burns » 28 Jan 2013, 23:33

PaulX wrote:, although I have to say I haven't felt the vibe as much there lately.

i was at a breaks night on sat (yes, they dos till exist) as some friends were playing. The crowd were all friendly enough but i felt very old. Anyway - i bumped into a lad who i knew from raving about 10/15 yrs ago who was out for first time in years. He had a good time - but he commented that no one really seemed to be interacting with anyone outside their group - which was very different back in the day (etc) Maybe its the changes in drug use, maybe its changes in general culture.. who knows? but things do seem very different to a decade ago.
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby Beatmonkey » 29 Jan 2013, 17:34

Jake Burns wrote:
PaulX wrote:, although I have to say I haven't felt the vibe as much there lately.

i was at a breaks night on sat (yes, they dos till exist) as some friends were playing. The crowd were all friendly enough but i felt very old. Anyway - i bumped into a lad who i knew from raving about 10/15 yrs ago who was out for first time in years. He had a good time - but he commented that no one really seemed to be interacting with anyone outside their group - which was very different back in the day (etc) Maybe its the changes in drug use, maybe its changes in general culture.. who knows? but things do seem very different to a decade ago.

I blame the internet.

I was going to put that as a joke. But I do think it's partly due to mobile/smart phones. When you lose your mates these days you can find them again pretty damn quick. When I first started going to festivals, admittedly not even that long ago it was pretty rare for people to take a mobile phone with them, and if they did it was normally left in a car. So when you lost your friends for an evening you made new ones and hooked up at your old ones back at the tent the next morning.
Massive hippycrit.

This post by author Beatmonkey sorted:
pesh (29 Jan 2013, 17:37)
Rating: 20%

Beatmonkey

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

Postby synthesezia » 01 Feb 2013, 18:16

Jake Burns wrote:

Maybe it's just the kind of vibe that Glade and Bangface people have. I do that all the time at a tonne of events and have met a load of people who I've then became friends with, especially at BF and Glade, everyone is pretty friendly and fairly receptive to someone talking absolute shite to them.
synthesezia
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 4 times

Previous

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)