Glade Festival 2014

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Glade Festival 2014

Postby NateDawg » 25 Jan 2013, 21:24

Bring back bass boxing.

This post by author NateDawg sorted:
FOTZA (27 Jan 2013, 20:44)
Rating: 20%

NateDawg
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 6 times

Re: Glade Festival 2014

Postby NateDawg » 26 Jan 2013, 00:05

and nice cheese sandwich's
NateDawg
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 5 times

Postby BassBin Terrorizer » 26 Jan 2013, 12:59

The toasty stall and the bass boxing were defo 2 glade hightlights!

that and roland the bastards set back in 2007(i think)
BassBin Terrorizer
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 45 times
Sorted in: 28 times
Motto: Just 1 segment of the dance music orange

Postby Sterny » 26 Jan 2013, 21:07

Buffalo burgers, mystic swing and cheap grog please!
Listen to my hooves, listen to my hooves!
My Mixcloud
Sterny
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 3 times
Sorted in: 7 times

Postby ThE99THReDBallooN » 26 Jan 2013, 23:00

The Kaleidoscopic Creature!!!
Saw this in 07 & have never seen it anywhere since, truly amazing.
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow, what a ride."
ThE99THReDBallooN
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 12 times
Motto: Embrace Der Hosenbugler

Postby demetzy » 27 Jan 2013, 01:29

Sterny wrote:Buffalo burgers, mystic swing and cheap grog please!

I remember the mystic swing!!!!
demetzy
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 16 times

Postby fletcher » 27 Jan 2013, 11:32

i want them to concentrate on the music, get some good promoters on board early. Worry about the fancy stuff after.
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby PaulX » 27 Jan 2013, 11:38

fletcher wrote:i want them to concentrate on the music, get some good promoters on board early. Worry about the fancy stuff after.

Trouble is that we say it's all about the music but I think the vibe is even more fundamental than that. You can have the best lineup in the world but have a lousy experience if it's a boring (or worse) crowd.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Darchigan » 27 Jan 2013, 13:31

PaulX wrote:
fletcher wrote:i want them to concentrate on the music, get some good promoters on board early. Worry about the fancy stuff after.

Trouble is that we say it's all about the music but I think the vibe is even more fundamental than that. You can have the best lineup in the world but have a lousy experience if it's a boring (or worse) crowd.

I don't believe that a good vibe is dependent on the "fancy stuff" and most crowds are fun if they're getting what they are expecting from the night out. The worst crowds that I've come across are the mixtures of clubbers and lads and laddettes that you get at clubs like the MOS and Fabric. I try to steer clear of the lads and laddettes because they are not really into the music and they can be quite nasty when they get pissed and bored.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby PaulX » 28 Jan 2013, 09:34

Darchigan wrote:
PaulX wrote:Trouble is that we say it's all about the music but I think the vibe is even more fundamental than that. You can have the best lineup in the world but have a lousy experience if it's a boring (or worse) crowd.

I don't believe that a good vibe is dependent on the "fancy stuff"

Are you setting up a false dichotomy there? I didn't say the vibe was caused by the "fancy stuff". What I was saying (or at least I thought I was) was that you can have good line-ups with a shit vibe and a good vibe with a line-up of less popular acts and a number of unknown ones.

In the case of the Glade, I think the organisers considered (rightly or wrongly) that the sense of being immersed in a world away from marketing and logos was a big contributor to the vibe that made Glade special. And in the early days at the Wasing Estate, they were apparently offered shitloads of sponsorship money from Vodafone (based in nearby Newbury) but turned it down because they thought having logos everywhere would kill the vibe.

I think Pesh hit the nail on the head when he said that the original people who made Glade special in the early days have moved on or settled down. They've made big efforts to reach out to new audiences, first with dubstep and then electro-house, glitch and whatever else packs people into clubs these days, with varying degrees of success. But the one thing they can't do, even if they want to, is turn the clock back to the old days. Breaks in particular isn't the force it once was, but that was one of the key elements of early Glade.

The worst crowds that I've come across are the mixtures of clubbers and lads and laddettes that you get at clubs like the MOS and Fabric. I try to steer clear of the lads and laddettes because they are not really into the music and they can be quite nasty when they get pissed and bored.

I'm with you there. That is the experience of many people who go to clubs, which is one reason why so many quickly "grow out" of clubbing and retreat to the comfort of their home cinemas etc. I've had the privilege of going to a few events with a much better vibe and feel all the better off for it. It would be an enormous loss if Glade goes, although I have to say I haven't felt the vibe as much there lately.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Next

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)