Glade Festival licence (NEW VENUE!)

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Errr, new venue AGAIN?!

Postby pre-s-ton » 17 May 2011, 11:31

PaulX wrote:
pre-s-ton wrote:i shit you not, we have another venue change!! haha, getting pretty silly now!!

http://www.gladefestival.com/html/

Yup, see above (threads merged). ;)

ah yes, not been here for a couple days. my bad, seemed like it was worthy of a new thread cos i didnt see this one. thort if it was anywhere someone wud have put it on the end of the 'new NEW location' thread but it wasnt.
Last edited by pre-s-ton on 17 May 2011, 11:32, edited 1 time in total.
We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind.
Cos your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

http://www.last.fm/user/pre-s-ton
pre-s-ton
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time
Motto: Glade - the welcoming scent of home.

Re: Glade Festival licence

Postby PaulX » 17 May 2011, 11:31

demetzy wrote:This is so weird!!

So many changes- it might put some people off and booking travel could be a nightmare (driving there so not too bad for me)

So the NIMBY guy was kind of right. It doesn't matter to me that much where in the UK it is (except far north and scotland) but all these sudden changes make a girl nervous :(

Well, yes, it's going to put an awful lot of people off. The issue with the NIMBY guy is that he was assuming bad faith. There is no doubt that this latest twist is going to piss off a lot of people though...
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby pre-s-ton » 17 May 2011, 11:34

PaulX wrote:
demetzy wrote:This is so weird!!

So many changes- it might put some people off and booking travel could be a nightmare (driving there so not too bad for me)

So the NIMBY guy was kind of right. It doesn't matter to me that much where in the UK it is (except far north and scotland) but all these sudden changes make a girl nervous :(

Well, yes, it's going to put an awful lot of people off. The issue with the NIMBY guy is that he was assuming bad faith. There is no doubt that this latest twist is going to piss off a lot of people though...

haha yeh too right, that facebook comment box is guna kick off when than status goes out!! i cant wait for that!
We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind.
Cos your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

http://www.last.fm/user/pre-s-ton
pre-s-ton
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Motto: Glade - the welcoming scent of home.

Postby PaulX » 17 May 2011, 11:36

Here's another press release about the venue move:

Glade can confirm the new site for 2011’s event will be Houghton Hall in Norfolk. Last week the trustees of Mansion House, Biggleswade decided they did not want the event to take place on their site, despite contracts being signed off. Luckily Lord Cholmondeley who owns the estate at Houghton Hall and the surrounding estate has welcomed Glade and this is where the event will take place in 2011 and for the foreseeable future.

Glade organiser Ans had this to say about the situation:

“Last week I got back to work having taken some time off to get married the weekend before, to find that the proverbial had hit the fan. We lost our site last week.

The trustees at the Mansion House decided that they didn’t want the event after all, despite contracts signed and deposits paid. The new Glade team decided not to tell me so that it wouldn’t ruin my big day and what they have done, amazingly, is manage to miraculously find another venue.

The new site, whilst being a bit further away from London, is by far superior. It is set in beautiful, privately owned 5,000 acre Estate which set in beautiful parkland laid out in the 1720’s. It is also on sand, meaning excellent drainage, so we won’t be having a repeat of the floods of 2009, regardless of the weather.”

Lord Cholmondeley, the Land Owner added:

“We are delighted to be hosting The Glade Festival at Houghton Hall this summer. This is a new event for Houghton but something that we think will work well in the beautiful and historic Park. We welcome the new management team, who come highly recommended, we know are renowned in the industry and have an outstanding portfolio of events. We are excited to see what they do with The Glade, and look forward to working with them.”

Houghton Hall is situated just outside King’s Lynn where the nearest station is. There will be shuttle busses running between the site and the Hall. For full travel information, check the Glade website or email info@gladefestival.com
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby 0x06 » 17 May 2011, 11:36

What a palaver for everyone, especially the Glade team but they've managed to sort it all out and Glade's still go! :)

I guess this news will probably concern people but I'd like to say I'm working with the Glade team and everything's just as on track as it was before so there's nothing to worry about, except that it's an extra hours drive away from where I live now but I'll complain about that in another thread. :wink:
0x06
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 2 times

Postby huffster » 17 May 2011, 11:44

How the chuff are they meant to pull the site plan, logistics etc etc together in 4 weeks?
huffster
Newbie - please be gentle

Postby 0x06 » 17 May 2011, 11:48

huffster wrote:How the chuff are they meant to pull the site plan, logistics etc etc together in 4 weeks?

Easily. You wouldn't believe how fast the Glade site gets put together, the crew are all seasoned festival professionals who know exactly what they're doing.
0x06
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 2 times

Postby lurk » 17 May 2011, 11:49

by working chuffing hard ;)

its definitely business as usual behind the scenes, they're busy sorting out pass allocations and production for the nano systems, so fear not, they expect it to go ahead :)
lurk
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 5 times

Postby siani » 17 May 2011, 11:51

huffster wrote:How the chuff are they meant to pull the site plan, logistics etc etc together in 4 weeks?

i dunno, maybe it's just me but won't a lot of that shit be transferrable from one location to another? i mean, if you already know you need areas of x size for each element of the site and have a plan of the new one, it ought to be relatively easy to slot it all together. and 4h extra of travel time for getting things to the site is not going to fuck the logistics THAT badly, is it?
siani
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 36 times
Sorted in: 17 times
Motto: i am far too short to ever grow up

Postby huffster » 17 May 2011, 11:54

chuffing excellent then!
huffster