Glade Festival Statement

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Glade Festival Statement

Postby djdoublezero » 19 Apr 2013, 11:21

PaulX wrote:
Jake Burns wrote:
tbf - He's always been a tory and quite open about it (but clearly doesnt make it any better)

Yep, it's hardly a shock. Not only are some of the big club owners fairly Thatcherite in their views, even one or two illegal rave promoters from back in the day are major league Tories now. One of them runs the Guido Fawkes blog.

I think a couple of our favourite DJ/promoters here admire Mrs T too. ;) I don't mean James, I have no idea of his political leanings.

It's not a real surprise for me, as it's one of those fields where all the ideology about individual success makes more sense to people, whereas collective action makes a lot more sense to factory workers etc.

James Palumbo? Is that the dude, he's a bit of an all-round dick TBH.

You've piqued my interest on the DJ/promoters who admire Maggie comment. Putting my detective hat on right now! :D You are correct though.

Oh yeah got this in my inbox on weds, excuse me whilst I ask again, what the fuck has this got to do with Glade? (apart from the name obviously). Sounds awful. Most of the residents are very middle of the road eclectic DJs as far as I can work out. Don't think anyone's gonna be dropping any 200 BPM Psy-core or lying in a pool of their own sick.

http://projectsound.fatsoma.com/events/85554/

Fraz
djdoublezero
Technical Consultant
Technical Consultant

Sorted out: 59 times
Sorted in: 22 times
Motto: Raw To Tha Core

Postby Jake Burns » 19 Apr 2013, 18:44

Hey - haters gonna hate (whatever that means).. but how could you hate free for students? or Normski and his "dance energy"?

And wisely the sunday teatime slot means their main competition is Antiques Roadshow or the zombie remain of some hackney tekno squat party...

:?
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby djdoublezero » 19 Apr 2013, 20:43

Jake Burns wrote:Hey - haters gonna hate (whatever that means).. but how could you hate free for students? or Normski and his "dance energy"?

And wisely the sunday teatime slot means their main competition is Antiques Roadshow or the zombie remain of some hackney tekno squat party...

:?

ha ha :D would quite categorically state I am a hater of pretty much everything ever (MOS included). Didn't notice the free for students to be fair, I just noticed them banging on about 'festival vibes' and a VIP room :?

for the record I have nuff love for Normski's "dance energy"? (but maybe not £10 worth of love and having to go to fucking ministry of sound :wink: )
djdoublezero
Technical Consultant
Technical Consultant

Postby Jake Burns » 19 Apr 2013, 22:50

I think whoever bought the name is realising the power of a brand - a strong brand can have very positive associations, but also joe bloggs expects certain things from the brand. In the case of "The Glade", doing a shit sunday student night at MoS is not really expected from most folk from the "glade" brand....

buyer beware..
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby djdoublezero » 19 Apr 2013, 23:12

Jake Burns wrote:I think whoever bought the name is realising the power of a brand - a strong brand can have very positive associations, but also joe bloggs expects certain things from the brand. In the case of "The Glade", doing a shit sunday student night at MoS is not really expected from most folk from the "glade" brand....

buyer beware..

Pretty much my sentiments but without my ranting. :D

I hate MOS so much I turned down a back room residency (as part of a crew) there a few years ago. Admitedly I was asked to 'tone it down' a bit but at least I can live with myself. :wink:
djdoublezero
Technical Consultant
Technical Consultant

Postby PaulX » 19 Apr 2013, 23:28

They do seem to be saying that they aim to bring back Glade as a proper festival next year, which suggests that they're doing this to keep the flame alive in the mean time. If you remember, Glade had some psy/breaks nights called STIR in one year to keep interest up, including one quite good night at Heaven nightclub.

Whether this is enough to make Glade as we know it survive, hmmmm, let's see. It had a good run, although it never made real money and the original organisers aren't involved any more. The phrase "flogging a dead horse" does spring to mind, but let's see how it goes.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Jake Burns » 20 Apr 2013, 09:53

Jake Burns wrote:I think whoever bought the name is realising the power of a brand - a strong brand can have very positive associations, but also joe bloggs expects certain things from the brand. In the case of "The Glade", doing a shit sunday student night at MoS is not really expected from most folk from the "glade" brand....

buyer beware..

I was perhaps a little harsh after a few post work beers - i'm sure the night wont be shit, just not quite what most were expecting from the Glade
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby Jake Burns » 25 Apr 2013, 19:07

anyone know how it went?
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby xanthin » 27 Apr 2013, 13:34

Jake Burns wrote:anyone know how it went?

Well, there we go:
"So, after much careful deliberation, The Glade has decided not to continue with the Sunday night parties at the Ministry of Sound.

We have decided that these nights do not represent what The Glade is about and we are going to focus our efforts on creating something much more apt for you all
later in the year.

Watch this space for more info about this.

Many thanks to all those of you that came along last week, it was quite a hoot.

Thanks for all your feedback and big love to you all.

The Glade Crew"
xanthin
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby djdoublezero » 27 Apr 2013, 19:26

xanthin wrote:
Jake Burns wrote:anyone know how it went?

Well, there we go:
"So, after much careful deliberation, The Glade has decided not to continue with the Sunday night parties at the Ministry of Sound.

We have decided that these nights do not represent what The Glade is about and we are going to focus our efforts on creating something much more apt for you all
later in the year.

Watch this space for more info about this.

Many thanks to all those of you that came along last week, it was quite a hoot.

Thanks for all your feedback and big love to you all.

The Glade Crew"

Blimey!! What happened??
djdoublezero
Technical Consultant
Technical Consultant

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)