Glade Preparations

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Glade Preparations

Postby CunningStunt » 02 Jun 2012, 10:26

So, what is it that you do to prepare?
We have 12 days to go, tell me about your preparation rituals/ bits you need to do.
Boost up your immune system?
Re-wax your hiking boots (actually I need to do that)

I have so far booked in to have my eye lashes dyed and bought a bumper pack of wet wipes, purchased a good bag for my Nikon and told my Klepto gran I'm going to a festival (by this means, I should receive a bulging jiffy bag in about 4 days)
~You fondle my trigger then you blame my gun~
CunningStunt
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 5 times
Motto: Mrs Baldmosher

Re: Glade Preparations

Postby bimblesnapper » 06 Jun 2012, 11:05

Wax boots -check (though given how dry and lovely it was last year I may just come in trainers and leave them in the car)

Clear the car out for mountains of shite/snacks/fruit/booze to be stored in the boot. Regular car park trips through the weekend for booze and vitamin top upS FTW.

Sort out epic epic fat dirty tuneage on CDs for the drive down and back and the brief car park mini booze top up parties

Charge my 4 'Amazon specials' spare mobile phone batteries I've collected over the last year and a bit. Means no fucking about using charging stations or hanging around the car to charge it up.

Clean my Camelbak out. A fucking godsend for keeping you hydrated all weekend while bimbling around like a twat and to carry your paltry 12 beers and assorted shit. Fill up at the tap and go.

Clear camera flash cards and charge up spare batteries for camera.

Charge batteries for torches.

Find my money belt. Tent thieves are the lowest of the low. **Don't let the fuckers have away with anything and make friends with your camping neighbours and watch each other's tents whenever you're there**

Pack rounders bat in case an emergency late night game of rounders is required with strangers who wander into your tent looking for fun and games.

Buy bumper pack of Resolves... ESSENTIAL. Saved my life on more occasions than I can ever remember. Headache is gone in under 15 minutes after one of those bad boys.
Buy Berocca to give you luminous expensive piss and the feeling that you might be doing yourself some good.
Buy bananas for potassium replacement.
Baby wipes for 'festival shower' -ESSENTIAL
Buy gin & tonic. Fuckloads of gin & tonic.
Buy sunscreen (we live in hope)

Print out set times in miniature (but large enough to read when fuck-oed), highlight your orgasm acts and laminate into a small keyring affair. Repeat as many times as you can be assed and give them to your friends and any left over to lovely randoms you meet at the festival :)

CUT HAIR.
SHOWER JUST BEFORE LEAVING.
LEAVE WORRIES BEHIND.
DONE :D
bimblesnapper
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 6 times
Sorted in: 3 times
Motto: Pls yourself -You are a long time dead

Postby gluebeg » 07 Jun 2012, 16:25

1 week yeeo!!!

Hopefully someone can help me here. Traveling over from Belfast and with Easyjets hand luggage restrictions I've gotta pack carefully.

Been trying to find a fairly compact sleeping back to fit in my hand luggage. Proving to be a bit of a nightmare.

Does Glade have any camping stalls? Are does anyone know of any where near Cambridge or Norfolk train station to pick up a sleeping bag?? Also any good offies? :p

See ya all rolling around in a field this time next week. :D
gluebeg
Part of the furniture already

Sorted in: 2 times

Postby lurk » 07 Jun 2012, 17:05

there's usually a camping shop on site, Joe Bananas, but it ain't cheap. your best bet would be looking to see if there was anything in Kings Lynn and going there before hopping on the bus :)
lurk
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 5 times

Postby Pac » 07 Jun 2012, 19:20

gluebeg wrote:1 week yeeo!!!

Hopefully someone can help me here. Traveling over from Belfast and with Easyjets hand luggage restrictions I've gotta pack carefully.

Been trying to find a fairly compact sleeping back to fit in my hand luggage. Proving to be a bit of a nightmare.

Does Glade have any camping stalls? Are does anyone know of any where near Cambridge or Norfolk train station to pick up a sleeping bag?? Also any good offies? :p

I can't remember seeing joe bannanas last year so I would try and get something in Cambridge just in case. Argos or a camping shop. Even Tesco do camping supplies.
btw hi Chris ^^ :wink:

This post by author Pac sorted:
gluebeg (07 Jun 2012, 20:29)
Rating: 20%

Pac
Here long enough to buy a round
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted in: 1 time

Postby Jake Burns » 07 Jun 2012, 19:36

gluebeg wrote:Does Glade have any camping stalls? Are does anyone know of any where near Cambridge or Norfolk train station to pick up a sleeping bag?? Also any good offies? :p

Through the wonders of google... (though Blacks & Milletts appear to have shut down & dont think Kings Lynn big enough for a Go Outdoors or Decathlon)

http://www.mountainwarehouse.com/stores ... ings-lynn/
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

Postby Sterny » 07 Jun 2012, 19:43

We stopped in Argos somewhere near Kings Lynn on the way down last year.
Listen to my hooves, listen to my hooves!
My Mixcloud

This post by author Sterny sorted:
gluebeg (07 Jun 2012, 20:31)
Rating: 20%

Sterny
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 3 times
Sorted in: 7 times

Postby gluebeg » 07 Jun 2012, 20:31

Pac wrote:
gluebeg wrote:1 week yeeo!!!

I can't remember seeing joe bannanas last year so I would try and get something in Cambridge just in case. Argos or a camping shop. Even Tesco do camping supplies.
btw hi Chris ^^ :wink:

There he is!

Think we're coaching it up to Norwich now. Gem might need to grab a tent so looks like we're on a wee mission. :D

Any t-shirt printing shops? Mmmmmmmmmmmmm haha.
gluebeg

Sorted in: 2 times

Postby shar369 » 11 Jun 2012, 20:03

This might sound really dumb but im a first time glader... well this is my first festival ever soo feel totally un-prepaired but in terms of like junk food im guessing that its best to bring our own in terms of crisps, chocolate cans of red bull you know little midnight snacks, i know that bbq food or cookers are not allowed but this type of stuff is right.
am i thinking along the right lines?
shar369

Sorted out: 2 times
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby Sterny » 11 Jun 2012, 21:44

shar369 wrote:This might sound really dumb but im a first time glader... well this is my first festival ever soo feel totally un-prepaired but in terms of like junk food im guessing that its best to bring our own in terms of crisps, chocolate cans of red bull you know little midnight snacks, i know that bbq food or cookers are not allowed but this type of stuff is right.
am i thinking along the right lines?

You can bring a stove to make brews with.
I'd recommend tins of fruit, tracker bars and sweeties.
Listen to my hooves, listen to my hooves!
My Mixcloud
Sterny
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 3 times
Sorted in: 7 times

Next

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)