Going solo to a festival

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Going solo to a festival

Postby buzzingtalk » 10 Jul 2008, 20:08

theres people i see each glade and many other big events who i met at glade, this one guy i see out all the time, each time we see each other its like " heyyy your my glade dancing buddy!"
buzzingtalk
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby uberland » 10 Jul 2008, 20:59

talking to randoms at festivals is the best bit for me. i hardly ever do it back in the straight world. this year i'm going with some people I originally met randomly at glasto 03! there is no better environment for meeting people and making friends.
"BOOM, BOOM, BOOM, was all we heard from the Friday evening until Sunday night"
uberland
Here long enough to buy a round
Here long enough to buy a round

Postby leah » 10 Jul 2008, 23:02

we went to bangface weekender with people we met randomly at monthly bangface. went a little something like this:

"going to the weekender?"
"love to but there's not enough of us"
"same"
"take my number..."

:thup:
It's been real.
leah

Sorted out: 4 times
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby harryboy » 11 Jul 2008, 08:11

its a relief to hear I'm not the only 1 going solo, also its my 1st festival. So looking forward to it and good to hear how friendly everyone is.

I'll be collecting litter, so if you see a scottish guy with long hair picking litter gie us a shout . And please.............try and be tidy to make it easier for me!!!!!! Ha!

Many other jocks heading down?
harryboy
Newbie - please be gentle

Postby baldmosher » 11 Jul 2008, 10:52

harry, if you need us to spot a scottish dude picking litter you'll need to go around shouting "HOOTS MON" every time you pick something up
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby tcphotography » 11 Jul 2008, 10:57

Can't wait till Glade I never miss it I don't care that I won't know anyone because I always make new friends,but if you know anyone stuck for a lift from Preston area i have spare seats :)
tcphotography

Postby JumpinJackFlash » 11 Jul 2008, 13:56

Alone is the best way to go, went with half of Manchester last year and I must have seen all of 2 complete sets the whole weekend, the more mates you have the more "Oh I just need the toilet", "Oh I'm just going back to the tent too..." and "Oh we should go see...". But then again I do hate people, and being a hermit would be my dream job.
JumpinJackFlash
Part of the furniture already

Postby leah » 12 Jul 2008, 20:51

JumpinJackFlash wrote:then again I do hate people, and being a hermit would be my dream job

wow, me too! we have so much in common... wanna hang out? (oh yeah, guess that'll be a "no", then :roll: )

:wink:
It's been real.
leah

Sorted out: 4 times
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby drscooter » 14 Jul 2008, 21:50

erm, well, this year, none of my mates could make it to the glade either through other plans (how could they?!!), skintness, or general other stuff.....i thought I wouldn't be able to go and was down in the dumps especially having enjoyed it so much for the past three years...then it struck me...why not go solo style?! at first I thought it might be weird, but then I remembered other random soloists from last year that I met, and they were really sorted and chilled! so, this year, I will be going on my lonesome, turning 30 on the saturday, but, rather than feeling lonely, I know I'll be surrounded by some of the best and most up4it people in the world, and combined with fantastic music, esp the origin stage (a personal favourite), trees everywhere, and a billion things to see and do, I think it will be great, even if it rains! having survived last years mudbath, I'm ready for anything!
so, if you so a guy dancing at the origin stage spinning poi, probably wearing a ghost busters tshirt or an old skool eat static or return to the source tshirt, come and say hello! :D
drscooter

Postby leah » 14 Jul 2008, 21:59

drscooter wrote:I thought it might be weird

nah!
drscooter wrote:I think it will be great

yeah, baby!
drscooter wrote:come and say hello!