Going solo to a festival

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Going solo to a festival

Postby casiokerry » 14 Jul 2008, 22:02

Going with mates to a festival is booooring. It's so much more fun to just wander wherever you want to whenever you want to and chat to whoever. There's nowt more annoying than having to stop raving because your mate is tired/hungry/needs the loo...And if you camp withGladtalk there'll be about 20 people you'll be bumping into all over the place.
casiokerry
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 2 times

Postby drscooter » 14 Jul 2008, 22:21

leah wrote:
drscooter wrote:I thought it might be weird

nah!
drscooter wrote:I think it will be great

yeah, baby!
drscooter wrote:come and say hello!

you've asked for it!

Ok! chuckle! :D
drscooter
Part of the furniture already

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby drscooter » 14 Jul 2008, 22:36

casiokerry wrote:Going with mates to a festival is booooring. It's so much more fun to just wander wherever you want to whenever you want to and chat to whoever. There's nowt more annoying than having to stop raving because your mate is tired/hungry/needs the loo...And if you camp withGladtalk there'll be about 20 people you'll be bumping into all over the place.

i agree with this dude! to be honest, whilst I've loved being at glade with mates in the past, esp when chilling at tents etc, some of my best moments have been the random "lost three hours" spent down at origin meeting randoms! however, it is always nice to hook up with pals at some point. this year however, I'm going on my own...should be ok! surrounded by like-minded people, fantastic music (the best!!!) etc etc! anyway, we are all interbeing - what we do effects others....enjoy the glade, spread the positive vibes...e n j o y ! :D
drscooter

Postby hello » 14 Jul 2008, 23:27

Hey, I'm also going solo to Glade this week.

Gone solo to festivals before. Hasn't worked quite so well for me in the sense that I try to find a group to hang around with yet always feel like an outsider... Difficult to explain.

What I'd really like is to camp with a few other people that are also going solo so that we all have a group and are not outcast by relations in any way, we are all socially nuetral :panic: !

But yeah, I can dream :unsure:
hello
Newbie - please be gentle

Postby 5MeoDmt » 14 Jul 2008, 23:34

You'll love it¬! :)

Went to Beatherder solo this year (first festie on my own) preferred it really, you have more adventures! :wackyhat:
5MeoDmt

Postby Beatmonkey » 15 Jul 2008, 00:53

hello wrote:Hey, I'm also going solo to Glade this week.

Gone solo to festivals before. Hasn't worked quite so well for me in the sense that I try to find a group to hang around with yet always feel like an outsider... Difficult to explain.

What I'd really like is to camp with a few other people that are also going solo so that we all have a group and are not outcast by relations in any way, we are all socially nuetral :panic: !

But yeah, I can dream :unsure:

I know what you mean about the outsider factor when you hang with a group, it can lead to some akwardness but it also gives you a unique selling point as they know all about their mates but your a totaly unknown factor ;)
Massive hippycrit.
Beatmonkey
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

Postby lahmjpowder » 15 Jul 2008, 02:19

I did Glastonbury on my own this year.

I met some well cool people who i hung around with most of the weekend. I had a really good time and that but what i did keep thinking was that although everything was great and that i was having fun, I wished all my other mates were there to experience it with me.
lahmjpowder
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted in: 2 times

Postby baldmosher » 30 Jul 2008, 01:27

I wandered alone pretty much all weekend. In fact, I did it so successfully that I actually felt like a sideshow at Camp GT and I managed to spend as much time at the stages with Leah + partner as I did with my "hactual" friends!

(PS hi again Rach)

(PPS I've just got back from Spain so expect about 40 threads to be bumped this morning)

(PPPS I think I might take the latter advice and create a completely separate camp for myself next year)
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Previous

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)