Going solo to a festival

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Going solo to a festival

Postby dinnwarde » 09 Jul 2008, 22:34

What is it like?

This year will be the first time i have ever done it, as none of my mates are into the music, and i only won the one ticket (although i am well chuffed that both me and Jemo get to go, its only fair, cake crew!! :))

Shall hopefully be joining you lot at the GT camp, if i can find it, not sure what time that green bus from Manc will arrive, may have to get someones number and meet up - looking forward to meeting you all :wackyhat:

To be honest, the guy who came with me last year was being well boring (pissed off with the mud and being a moody git all weekend) - he would just get wrecked and crash out in his tent at about midnight every night, so i was practically alone then, and i met loads of wicked people and had a great time :D

I cant think of any other festival that is better for friendliness than Glade, and it will be a mad adventure getting all the way down on my own

Cant wait !! :) :panic:

Just wondered how many others are doing the same
dinnwarde
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Re: Going solo to a festival

Postby leah » 09 Jul 2008, 23:04

sent you a pm :)
It's been real.
leah
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 4 times
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby festival jacs » 09 Jul 2008, 23:37

aah saw your post on DOA, hello... & congrats on winning the comp!
festival jacs
Here long enough to buy a round

Postby dinnwarde » 09 Jul 2008, 23:59

Replied, leah :)

Cheers jacs, whats yer name on DOA? I barely go on there these days, most the interesting people seemed to get banned lol
dinnwarde
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Postby PaulX » 10 Jul 2008, 00:09

Going solo is the best way to go, dinn, especially compared to having a boring mate in tow. You're free to see what you want when you want, go on random wanders, meet interesting new people etc. Should be a belter of a Glade for you. :)

Being a bit fick, I was wondering what DOA was, but I guess it's Dogs On Acid? :unsure:
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby dinnwarde » 10 Jul 2008, 00:39

Sperge wrote:Going solo is the best way to go, dinn, especially compared to having a boring mate in tow. You're free to see what you want when you want, go on random wanders, meet interesting new people etc. Should be a belter of a Glade for you. :)

Being a bit fick, I was wondering what DOA was, but I guess it's Dogs On Acid? :unsure:

Cheers Paul :)

And yeah, my thoughts exactly, will certainly be an experience!

Fingers crossed for a dry one

And yeah, DOA as in dogs on acid - i haven't a clue whats going on over there these days mind
dinnwarde
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Postby fletcher » 10 Jul 2008, 08:21

i like DOA because of the number of brilliant mixes you can download :D

I would go solo at glade, no problem.
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby josie1409 » 10 Jul 2008, 09:24

Hey hey, im goin to glade wid a few m8s but im the only one workin, never been to glade befor and relly looking forward to it. I might as well be goin up on my own as my m8s are mash heads and by the time ive finished work they would have got into such a state they wont know how to use their fone, so lots of random wonders for me i thinks. If any one wants to come say hi ill be workin on the merchandise stall :panic:
josie1409
Part of the furniture already
Part of the furniture already

Postby festival jacs » 10 Jul 2008, 19:36

dinnwarde wrote:Replied, leah :)

Cheers jacs, whats yer name on DOA? I barely go on there these days, most the interesting people seemed to get banned lol

Yea I'm not on there so much these days either. Read more than I post, but like to keep up with what's going on in the world of dnb, label news, new tunes, dl mixes etc, and of course, there are some excellent threads from time to time! Currently loving the architecture one!

oh..I post as misdemeanor :)
festival jacs

Postby baldmosher » 10 Jul 2008, 20:03

Sperge wrote:You're free to see what you want when you want, go on random wanders, meet interesting new people etc.

:thup:

I've flown to Stockholm for a day trip before now. Glade would be a fucking piece of cake in comparison!!

My main tip would be to get your balls out of your ass and just say hello to everyone nearby, introduce yourself and they will probably bring you on board :) I've lost count of the number of random people I've ended up talking to whilst stood at a stage on my own. I'll probably never see them again and especially if it's a girl I try not to say too much, but each and every 2 mins conversation with a random makes me feel like I'm reaching out to the festi and getting involved. Hopefully me talking to them has the same effect on them!

Oh and don't be ashamed of just standing around near a stage and smiling at people. The more obvious you make yourself as a solo-stander-around-people-watcher, the more randoms will smile at you as they pass and you might even get some conversations! The dudes around the stalls are fixed and they will talk to everyone.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Next

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)