Hip hop at Glade?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Hip hop at Glade?

Postby alboot » 27 Jun 2008, 16:27

more likely his booking was canceled when they stopped booking more folk no? i still wonder who booked him, would have been an ace booking in my opinion
alboot
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby Aussie Raver » 27 Jun 2008, 17:19

If anyone is interested in my two cents I think a little bit of hip-hop, reggae, roots music would go down well. Think I read somewhere that Glade had a roots tent or something similar in the past. I know there isn’t one this year but anyone who has been to Glade in the past I would love to know what it was like? Good Vibe with a lot of people or not? Also what’s this pussy parlour and rabbit hole? It looks interesting but I’m still a little confused………or is that the whole point :wacko:
Aussie Raver
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby baldmosher » 27 Jun 2008, 18:47

Aussie Raver wrote:Also what’s this pussy parlour and rabbit hole?

Excellent.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby fletcher » 27 Jun 2008, 19:36

Aussie Raver wrote:If anyone is interested in my two cents I think a little bit of hip-hop, reggae, roots music would go down well. Think I read somewhere that Glade had a roots tent or something similar in the past. I know there isn’t one this year but anyone who has been to Glade in the past I would love to know what it was like?

it was a tent celebrating the roots of electronic dance music, so basically had a bit of everything.. unfortunately last year it had a river running through it for the whole weekend which kinda made it very difficult to dance but i tried my best on a couple of occasions :)
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby buzzingtalk » 27 Jun 2008, 20:38

im really not a fan of hip hop, although i do differentiate between old skool ( which is generally non-offensive) and new hip hop which is generally shit IMO. old skool is wicked cos of the scratcting and origionality, but new shit does my head in. i wouldnt ever listen to hip hop at home, and if it was at a festival id avoid it, not really a fan
buzzingtalk
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Postby alboot » 27 Jun 2008, 21:31

fair enough buzzing talk, i think electronic music and hip hop share an awful lot, i really like hip hop and i recon a wee bit would be superb on a sunday afternoon, modern or old.
alboot
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Postby casiokerry » 28 Jun 2008, 09:53

Funky, old school hip hop has no place in a festival dedicated to boundary-pushing electronic music.

If they do have Rap/Hip Hop at Glade, they should have some proper Grime in the Overkill.

That is all.
casiokerry
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 2 times

Previous

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)