How about some UK Hip Hop at glade?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

How about some UK Hip Hop at glade?

Postby Brimley » 20 Nov 2009, 14:59

Why do you guys think about Task Force/Chester P and Rhyme Asylum/others maybe getting a spot, I know it's not rave but task force definetly know how to get a crowd going.
Brimley
Part of the furniture already

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Re: How about some UK Hip Hop at glade?

Postby baldmosher » 20 Nov 2009, 16:13

Dälek would be good to see but they're probably a bit dark for Glade. Not a bad call for an interesting 10pm slot though I don't have a clue how you'd follow it.

I don't have a problem with anyone being put on in the afternoon - the randomer the better IMO. Wrongstars were awful this year but it was fucking entertaining nonetheless.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby Brimley » 20 Nov 2009, 19:21

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

Task Force would be great afternoon entertainment as they really know how to get a crowd going as demonstrated above. I would love to see that at glade, would deffo be a highlight.

Cheers for turning me on to dalek, I thought that was pretty sick. The only really avant garde hip hop I've heard has been on anticon and I'm not too impressed with most of it but that was excellent stuff will have to get myself an album as youtube sound quality is shit.

Also a chance that if you got some real MCs they would help out with some DJs sets rather than the shoddy ones you usually see in the rave community.
Brimley

Postby pre-s-ton » 20 Nov 2009, 23:16

Phi Life Cyper wud be nice, as far as UK hip hop goes, i think most of it is awful.
underground/avant garde US hip hop wud be better, like Aesop Rock for example
We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind.
Cos your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

http://www.last.fm/user/pre-s-ton
pre-s-ton
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Motto: Glade - the welcoming scent of home.

Postby Magma » 21 Nov 2009, 16:04

Dälek are favourites of mine - if you're going to get an album, get Absence... it's AMAAAAAZING!

Hip Hop as a whole is probably my favourite thing ever... the problem with it is that fans tend not to be very easy going, it's so shrouded in its little cliques that it's really difficult to programme a show for a varied crowd. It's not even just pop and underground, most of the underground fans hate the Anticon/backpacker style stuff too, lots of people hate anything that is (or isn't) UK and everyone's a bit bored of agreeing about De La Soul.

For a comprimise on all fronts, I reckon Dizzee Rascal could put on a great show. I didn't like his new album that much, but he smashed it at Glastonbury. Great showman and appealing to just about everyone now... I Luv U is still the utter poo.
Magma
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 7 times
Sorted in: 17 times

Postby Beatmonkey » 21 Nov 2009, 22:59

Magma wrote:
For a comprimise on all fronts, I reckon Dizzee Rascal could put on a great show. I didn't like his new album that much, but he smashed it at Glastonbury. Great showman and appealing to just about everyone now... I Luv U is still the utter poo.

My knowledge of hip-hop doesn't extend very far but even I know Dizzee has got fuck all to do with hip-hop any more.

How about Jurassic 5, their likely to be cheap :D
Massive hippycrit.
Beatmonkey
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

Postby Magma » 22 Nov 2009, 12:24

Beatmonkey wrote:
My knowledge of hip-hop doesn't extend very far but even I know Dizzee has got fuck all to do with hip-hop any more.

How about Jurassic 5, their likely to be cheap :D

Didn't they split up when Chali 2na went solo or did I imagine that? Great act.... they were brilliant at Brixton Academy a few years ago with DJ Shadow/Abdominal for support!
Magma
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 7 times
Sorted in: 17 times

Postby Brimley » 22 Nov 2009, 13:02

I'd be happy with anything, I think it would be good to get a bit more afternoon variety coz there aren't many DJs who can get the crowd to get a good stomp on in the afternoon anyway (shitmat was a good example of one who definetly could last year) so it's good to see something a bit different. Taskforce would make my glade though I think haha.
Brimley

Postby vexxxed » 22 Nov 2009, 13:51

Rhyme Asylum would be intense!

How about something like Kid Cudi maybe, I don't know if he's got big yet or not? Or Ugly Duckling, they know how to put on a show!

Or Lil Wayne you know ;)
"Yeah, I can just imagine you licking 2CE off your chest in a rage..."
vexxxed
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Motto: Allow yourself

Postby pre-s-ton » 25 Nov 2009, 20:00

Jurassic 5 split a couple years bak now, but they were THE best hip hop act ive ever seen live, apart from Cypress Hill.
Ugly Duckling wud be fuckin sweeeet, or Giant Panda, someone like that.
We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind.
Cos your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

http://www.last.fm/user/pre-s-ton
pre-s-ton
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Motto: Glade - the welcoming scent of home.

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)