How was the festival for you all?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: How was the festival for you all?

Postby Harry333 » 19 Jun 2012, 14:13

PaulX wrote:Volume levels. Still too quiet at times and this is a bit surprising, considering how sparse the population is in this part of Norfolk. It's all the more puzzling, considering that those Funktion 1 rigs were given a proper workout at times, e.g. during Andy C's set. Glade people, I totally appreciate the constraints you're under regarding noise restrictions, but the population is low enough for you to send potential moaners on a nice Caribbean holiday in exchange for reasonable sound levels, please consider doing this.

Its puzzling because it didnt seem to be a particular time the volume levels were shit.. on overkill they were all over the place. It was banging for Dillinja, then Raiden, Krumble and Hidden was constantly up and down. Failing sound engineer? Rogue DJ redlining the mixer? Dodgy mixer? Dunno, but yet again the overkill system was lacking (as was the lineup), and it made me sad :(
Harry333
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 7 times

Postby djdoublezero » 19 Jun 2012, 14:41

PaulX wrote:The dickhead in the orange jumpsuit with the Bangface logo

We'll throw him overboard on the boat raveparty if we find him :wink:

Fraz
djdoublezero
Technical Consultant
Technical Consultant

Sorted out: 59 times
Sorted in: 22 times
Motto: Raw To Tha Core

Postby pesh » 19 Jun 2012, 15:15

i had a great festival, top site and layout. only real thing i'd like to see changed would be to have ID/Inspiral moved to a better location. i always thought it worked best as Wasing, being right at the end of the site, away from everything else and on the edge the trees. maybe get rid of a couple of the micro venues, give them their budget and tell them to do it properly again.

i thought the levels were OK if you stood in the right place, but lacking towards the back of the areas, which is kind of what you want to keep the neighbours and nearby stages happy i guess. as far as the levels going up and down the limits they have to stick to are measured as an average over time as well as a peak limit, so if you turn one act down a bit, or have a changeover between acts you can then turn it up for the next one... headliners are always going to get a bit more over someone lower down the list if it's possible.

i do think the MCs and acts that are constantly calling out the sound engineers and complaining about the levels need to have a word with themselves. why not bitch at the people holding dB meters and clipboards in immaculate hi-viz rather than the guy who's spent the last 10 hours trying to keep it as loud as he can without getting sacked.

other than that, great production all round, the SGP influence worked everywhere i saw it, was well impressed to see that the decor crew had managed to get the rest of their gear through customs first thing on Saturday morning and were totally redoing the Origin stage as i went to bed and had totally redone the Liquid stage as well by the time i woke up again. top effort.

pyromid burn was a nice end, had lovely sunday afternoon sitting in the sun listing to the music. think i'm the only one that didn't like the sound there thou :D

good to see lots of old faces and great to meet some new ones, bumped into people matching the description of Baldmosher and Cunning Stunt who turned out to be them, hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your weekend.

bring on the next one.
lets go get sushi, and not pay!
pesh
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 34 times

Postby djscooter » 19 Jun 2012, 19:59

Exulus wrote:There was mead at the feast of fools, maybe thats what you heard about?

Also, am I going crazy or did the decor change on Origin between Friday and Saturday?? I swear the canopy flower thing had changed colour/shape and a ring had appeared around the stage on saturday?!

indeed...interesting to hear about the appearance of the portal - which I thought was incredible! as for the canopy - think the wind had brought some of it down on the Friday afternoon, and then they put up nu stuff the next day!
djscooter
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby RebelINS » 19 Jun 2012, 20:34

Mutant Bass Takeover - holy good fuck it was perfect. As far as me and most of my friends are concerned it was the highlight of the weekend. Once that was done we were satisfied with 'seeing acts' and were able to just enjoy the vibes of stages all over the place with no real worries about what to see aside from a few essentials.

The variety was just so so good, and a lot of it opened our minds. We went over hating psytrance, but ended up really enjoying a lot of what was happening at the Origin and Liquid stages when we were there. Never saw myself sitting in the mud in the middle of a forest soakin up a bitta psy hahaha.

Food was catered for excellently, great variety but a bacon roll and cup of tea for £4 from what I think was Chunky Chips set the days off just right along with an orange juice from the Tea and Toast van. I will say this about the food though, bought a chicken goujon meal that was advertised as £4 on the board including sauce, ended up being charged £7 (including 50p for my sauce). Felt a bit cheated when told 'Thats the kids prices'. Come on lads, its a festival, everyones a bit mangled, theres no mention of 'adult prices' on the board ... Also when my friend ordered the same thing they got fish haha, no biggie or anything, was just a bit of a 'fuck sake' moment haha.

Meteor stage. Genius. Enough said there.

Pyromid on Sunday, got down nice and early to catch Space Dimension Controller and lay out there most of the day enjoying the tunes and crackin weather. Blawan blew minds and Dettman did exactly what was wanted too.

What I'd like for next year is a return of a bassline / Mutant Bass take over for a good few hours, that was EPIC. I just love how bassline as a whole is just one big party, everyone up on stage just LOVING IT, even the Off Me Nut guys gettin involved in the fun despite not actually playing.

Another thing I would like for next year is some proper, proper filthy, obscene Ghetto Tech, maybe there was some that I just missed, caught some Juke but we were lookin for some absolute dirt along the lines of DJ Assault, DJ Godfather, Kaptain Cadillac etc. That would have been epic, but like I said, maybe there was something along those lines and we were just unaware of it.

Can speak for my whole group when I say we cannot wait for next year already, Belfast will be back and hopefully represented in even greater numbers.

Thanks Glade for one of the best weekends in my life and roll on 2013 !!
RebelINS
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted out: 1 time

Postby CunningStunt » 19 Jun 2012, 21:11

We bumped into some people we knew from Manchester who arrived on the Friday afternoon. They were told that the generators had gone down and so the guys on the gates couldn't scan their tickets, which resulted in the que buiding up quite bad apparently.
~You fondle my trigger then you blame my gun~
CunningStunt
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 5 times
Motto: Mrs Baldmosher

Postby gluebeg » 20 Jun 2012, 10:22

Wow!!! I would do anything to rewind to the Thursday and do that all over again.

Lovely site, amazing people, unreal sound systems and the decor was mind blowing. I actually don't even know how to describe Glade to anyone who wasn't there.

As said before the Mutant Bass takeover was so much fun! Well done to all the Mutant Bass and Off Me Nut crew! Was in a bit of a confused state on the Fri but their tunes and stage party sorted me rite out.

Was all about Origin and Liquid on Saturday. I was never really a big psytrance fan at all, Glade has changed this though. Was lovely dancing away in the sun with loads of happy faces. Loved it!!! Met a lovely person at Liquid on the Saturday night, then tripped over someone and lost her haha.

Pyromid on the Sunday was great. Space Dimension Controller kicked it off nicely (good to see a fellow Belfastian on the stage ;) ) Ended up staying around here most of the day in fits of giggles. So much fun. :D

Anyone else spend a silly amount of money on the bumper cars?? These gotta be here next year.

My only complaint is it all went in way too fast. :( Pure festival blues now. Can't wait for Glade 2013!! WIll be spreading the word round Belfast now.

I'm not one for wearing wrist bands, but the Glade one is not coming off. Well done to everyone involved, will never forget that weekend.
gluebeg
Part of the furniture already

Sorted out: 6 times
Sorted in: 2 times

Postby MN3205 » 20 Jun 2012, 12:32

CunningStunt wrote:We bumped into some people we knew from Manchester who arrived on the Friday afternoon. They were told that the generators had gone down and so the guys on the gates couldn't scan their tickets, which resulted in the que buiding up quite bad apparently.

We were literally the very front of that queue; the technicians were there literally within 5 minutes and straight in trying to sort it out, couldn't fault the staff for a second there.

This post by author MN3205 sorted:
CunningStunt (20 Jun 2012, 18:55)
Rating: 20%

MN3205

Sorted out: 4 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby pbasonuk » 20 Jun 2012, 13:30

Pro's that havnt been mentioned so far by others.

There was a food stall next to the Chunky Chips food stall that sold the best bacon and egg in homemade rolls, this and a coffee for £4.20 was a godsend in the mornings.

The rollerdisco was funny, It was my mates stag weekend and him and another mate were pretty munted on Saturday afternoon and decided to have a go, they couldnt stand up for more than 10 seconds giving everyone there much amusement.

wobbling all over the place on the Meteor dancefloor for 15 minutes was just immense!

Being able to sleep every day for at least 6 hours, NEVER ever been able to achieve this at a festival before.

The Dance off Stage giving us all shits and giggles for hours on end.

The Music on Saturday at the Pyromid stage was perfect.

SVEN VATH on Saturday, felt like I was at a Sunrise gig from 1989. Just Brilliant atmosphere.

Con's

Being too fucked to carry on past Sunday afternoon.

SYSTEM 7 being a complete and utter bag of shit to listen to. That bloody guitar was just awful and not needed.

Dilinger set, proper moody crowd.
http://www.soundcloud.com/paul-coyles

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
pbasonuk

Postby gluebeg » 20 Jun 2012, 13:38

pbasonuk wrote:Pro's that havnt been mentioned so far by others.

There was a food stall next to the Chunky Chips food stall that sold the best bacon and egg in homemade rolls, this and a coffee for £4.20 was a godsend in the mornings.

Yess!! Those bacon and egg rolls were unreal! Took a bite into one and the egg exploded all over me. Proper tasty though. Staff were lovely too. :)
gluebeg

Sorted out: 6 times
Sorted in: 2 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)