How was the festival for you all?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: How was the festival for you all?

Postby CunningStunt » 20 Jun 2012, 18:57

pbasonuk wrote:It was my mates stag weekend

Were you the fox & hounds complete with horsemen?
~You fondle my trigger then you blame my gun~
CunningStunt
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 5 times
Motto: Mrs Baldmosher

Postby baldmosher » 20 Jun 2012, 20:37

MintyHit wrote:Tent theft – this was ridiculous this year, a mate had a substantial amount money lifted from his wallet in his tent and our entire group lost cans of beer\cider. They really should get a few watchtowers up over the campsite (manned by stewards not security) just to keep an eye out for people ransacking tents!

Fiddlesticks, they should employ stewards to remind people not to leave substantial amounts of money in their tent. :P
Beer thefts are shit, but hardly the end of the world. (Charging £4.10 for a beer must have helped to encourage that pastime.)
Thefts sounded a lot less severe than recent years so presumably the complete lack of raised watch towers actually helped to reduce thefts? More foot patrols (you couldn't turn a corner on the campsite paths without seeing a patrol guard) probably helped too. And again, just don't leave stuff unguarded in your tent if you don't want someone to walk off with it. DJ Scooter's experience is probably the most surprising of the lot. Four times in one night... wonder where he was camped?

MintyHit wrote:Water points – Again, the only one I found was near the entrance and the number of times I was walking around with just an empty bottle feeling thirsty was really annoying.

They were all very clearly marked on the site map and where they should have been. The blue pipe with no tap near the Feast of Fools was a bit of a twatbucket if you saw it, but much hilarity ensued as people desperately tried to find the tap that didn't exist.

I quite easily found three (well, actually four) taps:
- one by the entrance
- one (well, actually two) in the opposite corner of that fence between camping and campervans (one on each side)
- one at the top of the line of trees between the two halves of the main arenas

smitherz83 wrote:Not enough places to buy a whole meal, plenty of snacks and teas/cakes.

Yup, almost no places doing stews, etc. Bedouin Cafe used to do a good line in those but I've not seen them at Glade since Matterly. Each stall did offer at least one main meal each, and I guess that might be for economical reasons, and justifiably so, since no stalls ever looked particularly busy, and I only ever saw two people buy anything from the Carribean stall. I didn't see anyone offering "a good choice", particularly if you had special dietary requirements. "Gluten free" immediately ruled out virtually all the stalls, so CunningStunt had to eat a bit of wheat most days - good job she's not a coeliac and likes bacon butties, but the one she did have was "pretty awful".

Coyote Cafe probably the best of the lot, did amazing breakfasts, and the halloumi curry was also really good. (Think they did lamb curry too?)

There were three cafes offering roast dinners...

The bacon butty "mess tent" that shut down on Friday afternoon, after spectacularly failing to serve anyone stood in the queue, nor even look like they were capable of doing so, and they didn't open again all weekend, was pretty funny :D

A couple of vendors were missing who were supposed to be there (Thai place and gluten free pasta stall were noticeably AWOL), and probably others too.

Hopefully more stalls will come back/along next year.

I took my usual SAS ration pack meals with me for breakfast and one "main meal" plus dessert every day, but still ate about 3000 extra calories a day in biscuits, extra meals, coffees, crisps, more biscuits, and whatever else I could shove in my mouth!

pesh wrote:only real thing i'd like to see changed would be to have ID/Inspiral moved to a better location. i always thought it worked best as Wasing, being right at the end of the site, away from everything else and on the edge the trees.
+1, it might as well have not been there at all, there was no decor, and virtually no point putting the listings on the flyer as it wasn't even a "nano" stage just a tent with a cafe next door. Strangely at the far side of Origin, there was no Inspiral, just a dead end with stalls, and that felt very weird indeed.

pesh wrote:i do think the MCs and acts that are constantly calling out the sound engineers and complaining about the levels need to have a word with themselves.
I didn't hear any of that this year. Thought the levels were pretty good throughout, but with earplugs in it was patently obvious when they dropped the levels after Dillinja. Without them in, it was still pretty deafening :D

pesh wrote:good to see lots of old faces and great to meet some new ones, bumped into people matching the description of Baldmosher and Cunning Stunt who turned out to be them, hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your weekend.
:thumbup:

pbasonuk wrote:Dilinger set, proper moody crowd.
Seemed OK where I was (in front of the left stack)
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby Exulus » 20 Jun 2012, 20:51

baldmosher wrote:
The bacon butty "mess tent" that shut down on Friday afternoon, after spectacularly failing to serve anyone stood in the queue, nor even look like they were capable of doing so, and they didn't open again all weekend, was pretty funny :D

Was that the one near the corner shop with the nice psytrance foresty hippy couple? Haha..it was a nice butty but it took aaaages to finally get the goods - there was a huge queue of people all waiting. I don't know how it took so long for them to cook bacon, maybe they had a tiny frying pan :) Although i thought i saw that one open again during the weekend but didnt want to risk the wait..
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 3 times

Postby RebelINS » 20 Jun 2012, 20:56

What was the deal with that tshirt stall being open just on the Thursday, spent the next few days lookin for it so I could grab that Got Nitrous? tshirt due to the fact I had ran out of clothes !
RebelINS
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby gluebeg » 20 Jun 2012, 21:37

Exulus wrote:
baldmosher wrote:

Was that the one near the corner shop with the nice psytrance foresty hippy couple? Haha..it was a nice butty but it took aaaages to finally get the goods - there was a huge queue of people all waiting. I don't know how it took so long for them to cook bacon, maybe they had a tiny frying pan :) Although i thought i saw that one open again during the weekend but didnt want to risk the wait..

Yup they did open again. Got a cup of green tea of them on the Saturday. Sorted me right out. Only £1 too!!
gluebeg
Part of the furniture already

Sorted out: 6 times
Sorted in: 2 times

Postby gluebeg » 20 Jun 2012, 21:39

Access all areas offering free phone charging was a god send. Used near the last bit of my battery banging out happy hardcore on the Juke Box on Friday. Where did this go? Disappeared after the storm. :(

Serious case of Glade blues at the moment. This time last week I was climbing the walls. Now I'm near sobbing at adverts on TV ffs.
gluebeg

Postby gluebeg » 20 Jun 2012, 21:40

RebelINS wrote:What was the deal with that tshirt stall being open just on the Thursday, spent the next few days lookin for it so I could grab that Got Nitrous? tshirt due to the fact I had ran out of clothes !

Seen you coming and thought "Fuck that!" just like that imaginary tray of poppers you saw. Think we need an intervention for you. :p
gluebeg

Postby sim667 » 20 Jun 2012, 22:20

gluebeg wrote:Access all areas offering free phone charging was a god send. Used near the last bit of my battery banging out happy hardcore on the Juke Box on Friday. Where did this go? Disappeared after the storm. :(

Serious case of Glade blues at the moment. This time last week I was climbing the walls. Now I'm near sobbing at adverts on TV ffs.

It got moved to round the back of what I think was disable camping. We tried to fire it up but the input cable had been cut.
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Postby sim667 » 20 Jun 2012, 22:42

Btw does anyone know who the dubstep ban were that played instead of rusko??
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Postby Harry333 » 21 Jun 2012, 10:23

sim667 wrote:Btw does anyone know who the dubstep ban were that played instead of rusko??

It was High Rankin (Live)
Harry333
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 7 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)