How was the festival for you all?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Postby sim667 » 21 Jun 2012, 12:29

Harry333 wrote:
sim667 wrote:Btw does anyone know who the dubstep ban were that played instead of rusko??

It was High Rankin (Live)

I thought it was! I just didn't realise there was a live band too.
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Re: How was the festival for you all?

Postby kanji » 21 Jun 2012, 12:46

big shouts to everyone who came along to the Mutant Bass showcase! we all had an amazing time, had some great feedback and hope we can do it again!

loved the whole weekend, cheers to all overkill and glade crew :D

This post by author kanji sorted: 3
djdoublezero (21 Jun 2012, 14:15) • fletcher (22 Jun 2012, 17:36) • FOTZA (21 Jun 2012, 19:40)
Rating: 60%

kanji
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 3 times

Postby baldmosher » 21 Jun 2012, 12:55

Exulus wrote:
baldmosher wrote:The bacon butty "mess tent" that shut down on Friday afternoon, after spectacularly failing to serve anyone stood in the queue, nor even look like they were capable of doing so, and they didn't open again all weekend, was pretty funny :D

Was that the one near the corner shop with the nice psytrance foresty hippy couple?

No, the big green mess tent, backing onto the forest, facing the Roller Disco and Origin, between a couple other food stalls. They shut down about 4pm Friday, with the staff all looking healthy, but clearly not quite there, and they didn't open up again. Wasn't sure if the tent was supplied by Glade or another stall, but it seemed totally bereft of all cooking equipment when I peeped over the canvas for a look on Saturday afternoon.

RebelINS wrote:What was the deal with that tshirt stall being open just on the Thursday, spent the next few days lookin for it so I could grab that Got Nitrous? tshirt due to the fact I had ran out of clothes !

Is that the one near Gouranga that was only advertising lots of vulgar shirts? Seemed a bit out of place for Glade really but considering the number of people we saw on Thursday wearing shirts saying "I'm a cunt", maybe they got their target market nailed.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby PaulX » 21 Jun 2012, 13:59

baldmosher wrote:Is that the one near Gouranga that was only advertising lots of vulgar shirts? Seemed a bit out of place for Glade really but considering the number of people we saw on Thursday wearing shirts saying "I'm a cunt", maybe they got their target market nailed.

I only saw one person wearing it, and he wore it last year too. And while he may be a cunt, he's quite a likeable one. :D
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Jake Burns » 21 Jun 2012, 14:02

Re: bacon butty stall - with the gentrification of festivals - I do wonder who many stalls etc at Glade/SGP etc etc get set up on a whim with people with more money than sense without thinking it through? last year I went for a jacket potato at a stall where everyone looked fresh out of (a very good) school - apart from their boss who looked a year or two older - and they were getting inspected by the local council & looking very stressed - like guilty schoolboys indeed. Its become a different sort of stall holder to your trad festival grizzled hippy/geezah type who've been round the block a few times.
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby RebelINS » 21 Jun 2012, 14:33

sim667 wrote:Btw does anyone know who the dubstep ban were that played instead of rusko??

Wait, did Rusko not even play in the end ? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What was the reason for this ?! Afraid of catchin a beat down from the Mutant Bass team ?!
RebelINS

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby sim667 » 21 Jun 2012, 14:37

RebelINS wrote:

Wait, did Rusko not even play in the end ? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. What was the reason for this ?! Afraid of catchin a beat down from the Mutant Bass team ?!

No he didn't.

Most people don't seem surprised he didn't turn up. I don't really like his tunes and prefer high ranking tunes anyway, so it was win for me. I just didn't know what they looked like :)
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Postby djdoublezero » 21 Jun 2012, 15:13

kanji wrote:big shouts to everyone who came along to the Mutant Bass showcase! we all had an amazing time, had some great feedback and hope we can do it again!

loved the whole weekend, cheers to all overkill and glade crew :D

:notworthy:

Fraz
djdoublezero
Technical Consultant
Technical Consultant

Sorted out: 59 times
Sorted in: 22 times
Motto: Raw To Tha Core

Postby MN3205 » 21 Jun 2012, 21:16

baldmosher wrote:I quite easily found three (well, actually four) taps:
- one by the entrance
- one (well, actually two) in the opposite corner of that fence between camping and campervans (one on each side)
- one at the top of the line of trees between the two halves of the main arenas

It was ten minutes each way from Origin if you ran out of water; that's a real PITA when there is running water throughout the site and they can't be bothered to put a single tap in. That was my only real gripe.

As for main meals: the Indian was selling laaaarge plates of curry and rice with a chipati for about £6, very filling very reasonable.
MN3205
Here long enough to buy a round
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 4 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby Darchigan » 21 Jun 2012, 22:39

One of the best things about Glade is that if you completely go off on one people just let you get on with it, no "Are you all right ?" though you sometimes get greeted with great big knowing smiles when you rejoin the world. :)
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)