How was the festival for you all?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: How was the festival for you all?

Postby FOTZA » 21 Jun 2012, 23:50

Wowsers.. It's taken me 3 days to get my head around what just happened but i've come to the conclusion that was absolutely mind blowing. The weather was manageable and really nice and sunny at times, the use of space and layout was a million times better than last year and the addition of the wooded area was just awesome. Couldn't believe it on the Thursday night when i headed down to the Meteor stage.. probably the best location/sounds i've seen/hear in a long, looong time. Didn't take me and my mates long to find the best place to stand for the 'sweet spot' and there we stayed every time we visited :) The 3D mapping on the space ship on the Thursday was immense, and the laser coming out of the top of it scanning the crowd, nice touch, but i'm not sure I saw either again on any of the other nights... did anyone else notice that or was it just me?!

The music from start to finish was wicked, think there were only a couple of times i wandered in a tent, tried to get into something and strolled off in search of something better. The Mutant Bass takeover was a face-melter as expected and got things off to a ridonkulous start. Ceephax was an absolutely perfect soundtrack for where my head was at 2am friday night, shame the levels started all going a up and down and up and down then down the down even more during Remarc's set, something i remember happening during the later sets in the Overkill last year too sadly :(

Other higlights for me were Woz and Hostage's bass assualt in the Overkill tent early saturday evening, that crazy footwork dancing dude on the side of the stage during DJ Rashad's super-slick set and an impromptu set from Dankle and Tich from Squire of Gothos in the one of the lil food and punch tents with the Mutant Bass crew getting involved on rotation til it eventually got shut down, regardless of how hard we all tried to pretend nothing had been going on when the agreed 'act like you're just chilling and chatting' signal came :D

I thought Dillinja's set was immense and i've tired of him over the years tbh so that was a nice surprise.. the crowd were totally going off, then Raiden unfortunately got punished with the down and down and up and down and down system which was a total bitch and most annoying. I thinks it's the first time i've started a sunday at a festival with heavy breakcore bizniz but i couldn't complain when i found out Shitmat was playing, standing in for a cancellation on the Overkill early afternoon. He actually played really well, smashed it in fact, which anyone who saw him the night before would find equally impressive!

Managed to find out when Plump DJs were on at the Feast of Fools stage and made it down but the system was being rinsed hard and i spent the whole time trying to keep my balance as i fought the screaming treble gremlins! :fear: Only thing i properly caught in the Glade tent was Stanton Warriors which blew my mind, i stomped it hard to that, yes yes oh yay. Slick Shoota was wicked, never properly heard death juke (thinks that what it is?!) cranked up loud, as was the Donky Pitch takeover on the Meteor stage with Boss Kite, feckin' skweeee! Vent and Cuplrate on the Meteor too, total madness, crunchy as fook :) Baaaasically, i could bang on for ages, just too much, all of it, WIN.

Was wicked to hang out with Sim667 on a freezing empty morning and good to see Bassbin Terrorizer enjoying himself thoroughly every time we crossed paths. Met so many sound and lovely people, one thing that i always stays with me over every other festival every time i leave Glade.

I didn't hear of any tent thieves or problems with tent thieves around where i was camping and only saw the security nosing around peoples camps once which was on the sunday when they caught my mate stupidly sitting there with a noz dispenser which they confiscated. There was a bit of a punch up at 3am on the first night in the camp right next to ours but those involved came and apologised to us in the morning, not that it makes it alright to be a bellend at a festival but decent of them to make the effort to apologise to anyone it affected. Toilets were decent all weekend which was nice, think i only found about 5 turds on toilet seats but you can't catch em all! The only grumble i have and i think this is literally the ONLY one is the water taps could have been a bit better sign-posted, i think i only found one the whole weekend via visually hunting. Oh and the wind on saturday, sort that shit out next Glade year coz that was well messy when using the urinals and pissing in the wrong direction! :o

(rant over :oops: )

This post by author FOTZA sorted:
Darchigan (22 Jun 2012, 00:41)
Rating: 20%

FOTZA
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 16 times
Sorted in: 14 times

Postby baldmosher » 22 Jun 2012, 09:44

MN3205 wrote:
baldmosher wrote:- one at the top of the line of trees between the two halves of the main arenas

It was ten minutes each way from Origin if you ran out of water

It was only 10 minutes each way if you went back to the ones at the far end of the campsite.... the one in the main arenas was 3 minutes each way from Origin, tops, unless you're tripping, then it could take hours. :D

FOTZA wrote:The only grumble i have and i think this is literally the ONLY one is the water taps could have been a bit better sign-posted

That is definitely true though. I brought the site map with me, but I suppose thousands didn't

Just a thought, I take it the bars weren't offering tap water to fill up bottles with then? That said, it would have taken longer than 3 minutes each way to do that :D
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby djscooter » 22 Jun 2012, 11:18

[quote="baldmosher"][quote="MintyHit"]Tent theft – DJ Scooter's experience is probably the most surprising of the lot. Four times in one night... wonder where he was camped?

I was quite near to the entrance to the woods, near to the cordoned off sauna area - I think I was just unlucky to be honest, although nothing got stolen which was a relief! they had gone through some of my stuff tho, but I'd hidden it all really well. nevertheless, being woken up by people with torches shining in to your tent is horrible! I will bring the rottweiler next year and electrified wire!
djscooter
Here long enough to buy a round
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby gluebeg » 22 Jun 2012, 13:42

FOTZA wrote: There was a bit of a punch up at 3am on the first night in the camp right next to ours but those involved came and apologised to us in the morning, not that it makes it alright to be a bellend at a festival but decent of them to make the effort to apologise to anyone it affected.

Where you camped near the toilets at the back, around the middle of the field? Heard a fight kick off on the first night too lots of "blud" and "shank" talk going on haha. Was the guys just across from us. :\ Got chatting to them on the Sunday and they were sound enough.
gluebeg
Part of the furniture already

Sorted out: 6 times
Sorted in: 2 times

How was the festival for you all?

Postby sim667 » 22 Jun 2012, 14:52

PaulX wrote:The dickhead in the orange jumpsuit with the Bangface logo (of all things) on the back, Meteor stage steps, Saturday around 4am: this cunt was so keen to get to this stage that he tried to shove me aside aggressively in his haste to get down the steps. If it had been anywhere else than one of the nicest festivals on the planet, I may have been tempted to help this guy find the fast way down the stairs and quite literally bang his face. We all make allowances for people being a bit munted, especially at that time, but this didn't feel at all accidental. Apart from this tool, everyone else at Glade was lovely.

I actually know this person, he's good friends with one of my close mates (who posts on here under the name djrerun). Between us we've got about 10 'bangsuits' but he's the only one who wore it at glade, and they were in meteor that night.

Hes not the pushy type so I doubt he'd of done it intentionally..... It was quite slippy down there (I ended up on my arse twice).... I'd imagine he was probably rather 'unsteady' on his feet due to outside influence too ;)
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Postby FOTZA » 22 Jun 2012, 15:08

gluebeg wrote:
FOTZA wrote: There was a bit of a punch up at 3am on the first night in the camp right next to ours but those involved came and apologised to us in the morning, not that it makes it alright to be a bellend at a festival but decent of them to make the effort to apologise to anyone it affected.

Where you camped near the toilets at the back, around the middle of the field? Heard a fight kick off on the first night too lots of "blud" and "shank" talk going on haha. Was the guys just across from us. :\ Got chatting to them on the Sunday and they were sound enough.

That's the spot and that'll be the culprits going by the lingo you speak of. We were camped right next to them, a guy called Babsy who was quite a character and as you say was sound enough. They were a a really fun bunch actually so shame things started ugly like that. He said some random guy upzipped their tent pretending to be security and thought it was really funny but he saw it as disrespektin him, his girl, his house etc etc.

sim667 wrote:I actually know this person, he's good friends with one of my close mates (who posts on here under the name djrerun). Between us we've got about 10 'bangsuits'

When i read the original post about this i remembered you wear an orange Bangsuit last year at Glade but kept that to myself while thinking surely not, you little trouble maker you...
FOTZA
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Postby djdoublezero » 22 Jun 2012, 15:45

FOTZA wrote:
sim667 wrote:I actually know this person, he's good friends with one of my close mates (who posts on here under the name djrerun). Between us we've got about 10 'bangsuits'

When i read the original post about this i remembered you wear an orange Bangsuit last year at Glade but kept that to myself while thinking surely not, you little trouble maker you...

FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! :wink:

Fraz
djdoublezero
Technical Consultant
Technical Consultant

Sorted out: 59 times
Sorted in: 22 times
Motto: Raw To Tha Core

Postby gluebeg » 22 Jun 2012, 15:59

FOTZA wrote:
gluebeg wrote:

That's the spot and that'll be the culprits going by the lingo you speak of. We were camped right next to them, a guy called Babsy who was quite a character and as you say was sound enough. They were a a really fun bunch actually so shame things started ugly like that. He said some random guy upzipped their tent pretending to be security and thought it was really funny but he saw it as disrespektin him, his girl, his house etc etc.

We must have been neighbors then haha. We were the Irish ones. :) Sounds like there was a big misunderstanding between that lot. Only got 1 side of the story, but they all seemed on good spirits the rest of the weekend so all good. :)
gluebeg

Postby FOTZA » 22 Jun 2012, 16:53

Ahhhh, yes, musta been very close neighbours. Not sure if we met you lot or not... s'all a bit of a blur. We were probably mostly shouting AMY/KAMY/JAMIE a lot of the time (loooong story) and all the women with us were dressed up in very random costumes the whole time. We made a 20ft tall flag pole out of our gazebo once the wind decided to smash the shite out of it, maybe you remember that flapping about? I didn't spend a great deal of time at the campsite though, only popped up there to stock up on supplies, eat valiums and snooze. Anyway, hi neighbour! :)
FOTZA
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Postby gluebeg » 22 Jun 2012, 17:10

FOTZA wrote:Ahhhh, yes, musta been very close neighbours. Not sure if we met you lot or not... s'all a bit of a blur. We were probably mostly shouting AMY/KAMY/JAMIE a lot of the time (loooong story) and all the women with us were dressed up in very random costumes the whole time. We made a 20ft tall flag pole out of our gazebo once the wind decided to smash the shite out of it, maybe you remember that flapping about? I didn't spend a great deal of time at the campsite though, only popped up there to stock up on supplies, eat valiums and snooze. Anyway, hi neighbour! :)

Hey!!! :D

All a bit of a blur indeed. Think I remember the flag pole. Good work!! I avoided the campsite as much as possible. Everyone went back for 'supplies' then ended up sitting there for aaaages.

Good times. :)
gluebeg

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)