How was your Glade?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: How was your Glade?

Postby Darchigan » 22 Jun 2011, 20:11

dayglo wrote:Found really bad vibes in the crowd in Overkill when 2 Bad Mice were on and had to go have a stomp at Origin to find nice people again- anyone else find this?

Yeh it's a bit of a myth that dance crowds are always nice and friendly and if the artists reflect angst in their work as indeed they should because we are living through fairly anxious times and they don't resolve those discordant tones which a warm embracing cathartic crescendo then some of the crowd is going to be edgy and aggressive.

Also the Adam Bayer crowd seemed to me to be a bit cold and distant, wrapped up in themselves and I've noticed that with other techno artists as well.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby Five Alive » 22 Jun 2011, 20:17

Hmmm interesting point of view Darchigan . I get what you mean about techno crowds some times . However I do occasionally get alot of pleasure dancing to techno head down not interacting with anybody just staring at my shoes and getting lost in loops .
Five Alive
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 2 times

Postby Beatmonkey » 22 Jun 2011, 20:41

The people reflect the music that's playing surely. I love a good shoe gaze as much as much as I love hands in the air euphoria. That's one of the beautiful things about dance music, all its varied forms.
Massive hippycrit.
Beatmonkey
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

Postby Darchigan » 22 Jun 2011, 20:55

Beatmonkey wrote:The people reflect the music that's playing surely. I love a good shoe gaze as much as much as I love hands in the air euphoria. That's one of the beautiful things about dance music, all its varied forms.

Yes agreed, I do chat online with a security bod who is in to dance music (god that's rare!!) and when he does security at hard core DnB events he has to deal with loads of violent behaviour and hardly any when he does trance events. It's understandable really, the crowd that go to the DnB events are what he calls "chavs" (I hate that word) and that particular social group are losing out badly at the moment and the music simply reflects their mood, that's why they like it and that's why they go.
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Postby Five Alive » 22 Jun 2011, 20:59

It doesn't have to be that way kids !!!!!

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com
Five Alive
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Postby Darchigan » 22 Jun 2011, 21:21

Five Alive wrote:It doesn't have to be that way kids !!!!!

Agreed and that is one brilliant clip, though if Glade continues to book artists from the urban end of the dance music world then that crowd will come along and they will be more restless, lively and yes some of them will be troublesome and I hope that no one turns around and says "No more of that stuff at Glade." I got into a really ugly bun fight arguing against that line in a Global Gathering forum thread.
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Postby yohankiwi » 22 Jun 2011, 21:33

Five Alive wrote:It doesn't have to be that way kids !!!!!

www.youtube.com Video from : www.youtube.com

haha, this comment is ace: yer man at 2:10 is scientific proof they don't make pills like they used to!!

:D
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby Five Alive » 22 Jun 2011, 22:02

Face Turning Inside Out :o
Five Alive
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Postby countryqueen » 22 Jun 2011, 23:05

Cheered me up no end that clip. Glory days! 1997 was the year I took my first ever pill but I sincerely hope I never looked like 2min and 10 second man. I used to drive (a long way) to a club called Emporium in Coalville...*sigh*.
countryqueen
Part of the furniture already

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby Toluene » 23 Jun 2011, 19:17

Also the Adam Bayer crowd seemed to me to be a bit cold and distant, wrapped up in themselves and I've noticed that with other techno artists as well.

I found Adam Beyer a bit cold and distant, but Slam were the highlight of my weekend. Techno is my first love, but have always been disappointed by the Techno at Glade, which is how I got into Psytrance (yeah, yeah, don't start). I'd rather dance to quality Techno, which is now as rare as hen's teeth, but in the mean time - the Psytrance crowd know how to have fun :biggrin:
Toluene

Sorted in: 0 time
Motto: Bad influence

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)