How was your Glade?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: How was your Glade?

Postby Calla » 23 Jun 2011, 20:05

Five Alive wrote:Hmmm interesting point of view Darchigan . I get what you mean about techno crowds some times . However I do occasionally get alot of pleasure dancing to techno head down not interacting with anybody just staring at my shoes and getting lost in loops .

Same. I'd happily just stand on my own in a daze dancin to techno.
Calla
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 19 times
Sorted in: 16 times

Postby siani » 23 Jun 2011, 20:39

Darchigan wrote:Yes agreed, I do chat online with a security bod who is in to dance music (god that's rare!!) and when he does security at hard core DnB events he has to deal with loads of violent behaviour and hardly any when he does trance events. It's understandable really, the crowd that go to the DnB events are what he calls "chavs" (I hate that word) and that particular social group are losing out badly at the moment and the music simply reflects their mood, that's why they like it and that's why they go.

yeah, i get what he means. i'm always a bit more careful about what DnB nights i go to - i get intimidated by an aggressive crowd and just don't have fun. and i am not exactly the world's biggest psytrance fan, but psytrance events are nice because the people are so friendly.
siani
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 36 times
Sorted in: 17 times
Motto: i am far too short to ever grow up

Postby Darchigan » 23 Jun 2011, 22:00

siani wrote:yeah, i get what he means. i'm always a bit more careful about what DnB nights i go to - i get intimidated by an aggressive crowd and just don't have fun. and i am not exactly the world's biggest psytrance fan, but psytrance events are nice because the people are so friendly.

Yes they are friendly and chilled out. I've been to four Above & Beyond (mainstream Trance) nights over the last year and of course I like thier music but it's not brilliant but what is brilliant is Above & Beyond and thier crowd, that's a great combination.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby Darchigan » 23 Jun 2011, 22:04

Calla wrote:
Five Alive wrote:Hmmm interesting point of view Darchigan . I get what you mean about techno crowds some times . However I do occasionally get alot of pleasure dancing to techno head down not interacting with anybody just staring at my shoes and getting lost in loops .

Same. I'd happily just stand on my own in a daze dancin to techno.

I think I'm beginning to understand a little bit more about techno's lasting appeal.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby dayglo » 24 Jun 2011, 11:33

siani wrote:
Darchigan wrote:Yes agreed, I do chat online with a security bod who is in to dance music (god that's rare!!) and when he does security at hard core DnB events he has to deal with loads of violent behaviour and hardly any when he does trance events. It's understandable really, the crowd that go to the DnB events are what he calls "chavs" (I hate that word) and that particular social group are losing out badly at the moment and the music simply reflects their mood, that's why they like it and that's why they go.

yeah, i get what he means. i'm always a bit more careful about what DnB nights i go to - i get intimidated by an aggressive crowd and just don't have fun. and i am not exactly the world's biggest psytrance fan, but psytrance events are nice because the people are so friendly.

^^This. I love bouncing around to D&B but rarely go to clubs now because there's a bad vibe in the crowd. I went to a psy-trance night in London about a year ago, and it was the nicest crowd ever. Boring music mind...but nice people :wink:
Did you know that dolphins are just gay sharks?
dayglo
Here long enough to buy a round
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby CunningStunt » 25 Jun 2011, 17:24

siani wrote: i'm always a bit more careful about what DnB nights i go to - i get intimidated by an aggressive crowd and just don't have fun. and i am not exactly the world's biggest psytrance fan, but psytrance events are nice because the people are so friendly.

Same, plus the performances at Illuminaughty in Manchester are quite brilliant. I went to a DnB night on new years eve (sans BM). I arrived a lot earlier than my friends and felt a bit intimidated being alone. A lot of tracksuits and baseball caps hanging on to waifs/extras from TOWIE who couldn't dance even if they tried to in their 6" heels.

Ps. I'm not THAT old... I just believe in comfort
~You fondle my trigger then you blame my gun~
CunningStunt
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 5 times
Motto: Mrs Baldmosher

Postby siani » 25 Jun 2011, 21:34

CunningStunt wrote: A lot of tracksuits and baseball caps hanging on to waifs/extras from TOWIE who couldn't dance even if they tried to in their 6" heels.

Ps. I'm not THAT old... I just believe in comfort

i quite unabashedly judge clubs based on the shoes the girls are wearing, tbh. if there are lots of girls in trainers and flats, i know that the girls are there to dance and have fun, and there's a good chance i will have fun, too.
siani
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 36 times
Sorted in: 17 times
Motto: i am far too short to ever grow up

Postby fletcher » 06 Jul 2011, 12:41

I purposefully didnt put much feedback into this thread as I had written up another mammoth review of the festival... unfortunately Paul hasnt published it yet... :P
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby PaulX » 07 Jul 2011, 21:32

^^^ Sorry mate, life issues. You might have noticed I've not been around much or put anything new on the news pages for a month. I can put it up on the blog pages if you're in a hurry to have it published. Doing one of those .shtml pages, and ensuring that it reads well and looks good, is a lot more work than people realise. I have my own detailed review/analysis to put up too.

Incidentally, they've put up this announcement on their Facebook page:

"GLADERS..... we have just had a confirmation that HOUGHTON HALL will have us back.... WOOOHOOO..... thank you sooo much for respecting the site.... 2012 HERE WE COME..... early birds available to 2011 loyal tickets buyers next week, tickets for people who missed out last year coming soon... xx"

Strange, as people on site were saying a three-year deal had already been made, but there you go. :P
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Beatmonkey » 07 Jul 2011, 22:45

PaulX wrote:]

Strange, as people on site were saying a three-year deal had already been made, but there you go. :P

Even a three year deal would have a get out clause for the landowner.
Massive hippycrit.
Beatmonkey
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)