How was your Glade?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

How was your Glade?

Postby sim667 » 13 Jun 2011, 09:13

Well that was fucking ace!

Inspiral was beautiful as ever and overkill blew my mind repeatedly.

I saw: Squire of gothos vs Droid, Kanji Kinetic vs rrrritalin, Dreadzone, hi freqs, broken note, current value, ed rush, the dj producer, shitmat, and sub focus. the dj producer was mindblowing.

I would have liked to have seen luke vibert last night, but couldnt stay....

I absolutely loved the jukebox, I had a 3 am session on there with fruityloops on my iphone, spent ages thinking it was just me on my own and when i turned around there were fuckloads of people bopping away :?

Think I bumped into fotza and jonno over the weekend...... sorry if i was a bit distracted jonno i was carrying my stuff back to the car trying to get my 'gameface' on for the drive home.

Quite a lot of thieving from tents going, but the people next to us worked out who it was as there were 2 people that kept acquiring stuff that other people camping around them recognised, so security disgraced them and took them away.
sim667
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 45 times

Re: How was your glade?

Postby bimblesnapper » 13 Jun 2011, 09:31

Second that. Absolutely fucking amazing weekend yet again. Even the rain on Sunday couldn't dampen people's spirits :)

Thought the layout was spot on. People were commenting that things were a bit too spread out for the number of people and venues but I quote liked the open space and walks between stuff. Just meant I got the opportunity to stop, sit and meet and chat to new people and take in things a lot more than I perhaps would have piloting round in a packed throng.

The Dance Off saloon was absolutely inspired. Fucking hilarious, I almost shit myself laughing at some of the dance offs they had :D
The boys and girls running the show there were brilliant and they consistently played banger after banger every time I wandered over to check out which poor space cadet was getting ritually humiliated.

So much good music on but Jacky Murda followed by Ed Rush was a particular highlight of my Saturday.

A couple of thieving shitebag toerags just up the hill from us getting forcefully ejected by a 9 strong security team was a highlight of Friday day ^______^

Had some mental adventures, made some good new friends, met up with some old Glade friends from previous years all in all an absolute stonker of a site and festival for me and my friends. Massive thanks to the whole Glade team for putting it on and working so hard. There's nothing like it. Can't believe it's over for another year! :(
bimblesnapper
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 6 times
Sorted in: 3 times
Motto: Pls yourself -You are a long time dead

Postby countryqueen » 13 Jun 2011, 09:54

My first ever Glade and I LOVED it. Absolutely everything about it - even the loos we went to were clean :P
I thought the layout was really good- not too spaced out at all. I remember great vibes at Origin stage on Saturday night, ending with Prometheus....then onto Adam Beyer at Glade stage after that. I live nearby and the cycle home in the dark (no bikelights to the amusement/horror of the police boys looking on at us) and in the pitch black and exceptionally under the influence - was hilarious if not dangerous - fell off twice onto the road and hedge before giving in and wheeling the bike back in.
Really hope the rest of the locals enjoyed it - it was quite noisy :D .... and that Glade comes back to Houghton next year. How did you all think the venue rated compared to previous ones?
Last edited by countryqueen on 13 Jun 2011, 12:21, edited 1 time in total.
countryqueen
Part of the furniture already

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby mushie » 13 Jun 2011, 12:13

Well It was my first Glade Festival, and I bloody loved it!
Living where I do (A mile away, on the houghton estate) you don't get much going on here, but then all of a sudden we've got Glade!

Staff were friendly, people were friendly, DJ's were amazing. Please return next year!
I would like to thank some bloke for shoving a feather in my face and making me sneeze, that was brilliant.

I didn't actully hear hardly anything back at home, but apparently places like Rudham could.
Can't wait for next year! Would love to make some more friends!

Overkill was mindblowing by the way.
mushie
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Postby PaulX » 13 Jun 2011, 12:53

countryqueen wrote:I live nearby and the cycle home in the dark (no bikelights to the amusement/horror of the police boys looking on at us) and in the pitch black and exceptionally under the influence - was hilarious if not dangerous - fell off twice onto the road and hedge before giving in and wheeling the bike back in.

:o

It was still dark when I left the site and I took a wrong turn down the lanes, glad I didn't hit you. :fear:

Really hope the rest of the locals enjoyed it - it was quite noisy :D .... and that Glade comes back to Houghton next year. How did you all think the venue rated compared to previous ones?

Good to see local - and new - people enjoying Glade. Slightly worrying if there are many people within hearing radius of Glade, as it was noise complaints that screwed up the first venue. Could you hear it from where you live?

Venue was beautiful with all the trees, some think it's the best venue yet. It's good that everything is pretty flat, with no more "hills of doom" to haul all your stuff over, although the downside of that is that you don't get to be able to look down on the entire festival from the campsites as you could at Wasing Estate.

It has massive potential, though, especially if they really crank it up next year and pull in more punters to fill it.

mushie wrote:Overkill was mindblowing by the way.

You'll fit right in here. :biggrin:
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby countryqueen » 13 Jun 2011, 13:13

My house was about 2 miles as the crow flies from the Origin Stage. Have a friend who lives nearer 5 miles away and she could hear it loud and clear when the weather was steady. I even heard it (albeit sporadically) when I was 13 miles away on Saturday lunchtime! Another downside to flat land and a steady atmospherhe (weather wise) is that sound waves traaaaaavvvvveellllll.

Glade organisers were pretty good to locals in terms of encouraging them to come and have a look and see quite what was invading their peace and quiet. *Very* good PR move. For some people, it was a novelty and they are appreciative of such an exciting thing happening in our area. (Let's face it, little else does in Norfolk.) The older residents I spoke to enjoyed having a look round in the daytime and felt included. I know of a few local residents who are up in arms and putting pen to paper BUT the majority of locals I have spoken to have been very open minded - and positive about it. The most critical factor, by far, will be Lord C's opinion on it all. I have my sources and hope to get the full down on his take within the week ;-) .

For me personally, I utterly loved the whole time I was there. I am struggling to think of a better night in my life. My whole body aches today from dancing all night :-) . Going from tent to tent, hanging out and seeing what types of sounds made me want to dance , was really amazing.
countryqueen

Postby fletcher » 13 Jun 2011, 14:49

Wow... that was chaos!
Once again Glade was fantastic.
At the end of the global communication set Tom Middleton read out a statement saying that Glade had secured a 3 year licence at the site and (up until that point anyway....) no formal sound complaints had been made at all!

Will fill in more later on, was making notes all weekend so will do a proper review over the next couple of days.

Jungle is Massive :D

I ache.
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby countryqueen » 13 Jun 2011, 15:51

Just found out that the last of the landowner's house guests (he had lots staying over) got back into the hall at 3.30am this (monday) morning - so they *must* have had a great time. Bodes well!
countryqueen

Postby Dynamat » 13 Jun 2011, 15:58

Whole body hurts from laughing so much all weekend :D
Dynamat
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby PaulX » 13 Jun 2011, 16:00

Dynamat wrote:Whole body hurts from laughing so much all weekend :D

And probably not because of nitrous oxide. :D

Security sure were strict about Nos, weren't they?
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Next

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)