Liquid Stage cut?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Liquid Stage cut?

Postby Paul Meak » 16 Feb 2011, 12:44

Just heard the liquid stage is being cut this year which is a bummer. Why couldn't they cut the Origin stage instead, its a pile of wank.
Paul Meak
Newbie - please be gentle
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Re: Liquid Stage cut?

Postby PaulX » 16 Feb 2011, 14:11

Welcome to the forum, mate. I've split this off from the topic you posted in as it merits a thread of its own. Out of interest, who told you it was the Liquid stage or would you rather not say?

Liquid Stage was one of the first stages they had in mind to cut when they needed to downsize the festival in 08, so I was going to ask Liquid Ross about it but wasn't able to because of real life shit getting in the way.

In Glade's defence, they did specifically state that this year was going to be a smaller event and that will mean fewer stages. Someone's going to be unhappy whatever decision they make. I've been assured that Origin and Overkill still feature in the current plans though.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby yohankiwi » 16 Feb 2011, 14:36

That would be really annoying if they did...

The complete lack of information on the Glade front is becoming incredibly frustrating now. Telling the punters these things is really not difficult, and it would've been nice to be told stuff like this (if it's true) before getting a load of people to spend a load of money on tickets :x
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby fletcher » 16 Feb 2011, 15:31

[if true]Keeping liquid would have made more sense, more diverse music during the day and then the psy at night once origin shuts...

does this mean the psy crowd will have less to do at night? Im sure their musical tastes will be catered for all hours though... [/if true]
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby rewast » 16 Feb 2011, 17:12

yohankiwi wrote:That would be really annoying if they did...

The complete lack of information on the Glade front is becoming incredibly frustrating now. Telling the punters these things is really not difficult, and it would've been nice to be told stuff like this (if it's true) before getting a load of people to spend a load of money on tickets :x

+1

Couldn't agree more - this is really pissing me off..been supporting the glade religiously for 6 years, and all i want is some more info on what i'm going to get for the money i spent last month..

In years gone by at least there were fairly regular mail outs at important times

Stopped checking their website..its laughable that whoever managing it hasnt changed the splash message
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 3 times

Postby MiniMarc » 16 Feb 2011, 17:25

I dunno , most of us were saying after last years cancellation we didnt really care about lineup etc as long there was a glade. Now we have a glade. Ye communication hasn't been ideal but we have a glade none the less
MiniMarc
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby pesh » 16 Feb 2011, 17:40

theres too many rumours floating around to know whats going on with Glade this year, but the Liquid stage organisers havent been told officially the stage is cut as yet.
lets go get sushi, and not pay!
pesh
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 34 times

Postby PaulX » 16 Feb 2011, 18:39

MiniMarc wrote:I dunno , most of us were saying after last years cancellation we didnt really care about lineup etc as long there was a glade. Now we have a glade. Ye communication hasn't been ideal but we have a glade none the less

^^^ This.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Jake Burns » 16 Feb 2011, 19:57

Much as I've even enjoyed the Liquid stage over the years - I could see the logic of axing it if you were downsizing - if you've got a psy stage and a breaks tent (which I assume is still on?), do you really need a sort of psy-electro-breaks tent as well if you only have a few music stages?

Then again it could all be scurrilous rumour mongering and it may be back as normal..

But i can tell you I heard off a bloke who "knows stuff" there is a new mongolian nose flute snarecore marquee planned for this year...
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

Postby rewast » 16 Feb 2011, 22:47

Hmm i wonder - I would of thought that the liquid tent was a keeper.but hey lets wait ad see then
rewast
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 3 times

Next

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)