I'm new to Glade.

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: I'm new to Glade.

Postby columns » 03 Mar 2009, 17:25

It doesn't say that anywhere on their website.
Also I was talking about the child guideline, they don't really appear to have any FAQ's or set down guidelines on their website and quite frankly I want to hear it from the mouth of the people that run it.
I've been looking at the pictures of Glade and their are pictures of kids and what look like teenagers.
Also when you go to book at ticket it says nothing about age apart from the fact that people under the age of 13 don't need a ticket.
I dunno whether this means anything or not but either way I'm trying to find a loop hole!
"So I gave the kid a fiver and he promised not to tell his parents"
columns
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby PaulX » 03 Mar 2009, 17:27

columns wrote:It doesn't say that anywhere on their website.
Also I was talking about the child guideline, they don't really appear to have any FAQ's or set down guidelines on their website and quite frankly I want to hear it from the mouth of the people that run it.

You've had it from the mouth of the people that run it. :roll:

Look, if you don't want to believe me, fine, buy your ticket and turn up and take your chances.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby columns » 03 Mar 2009, 17:29

I do believe you I just really wanna go too.
:( So sad.
columns

Postby Exulus » 03 Mar 2009, 17:37

I know it sucks but you are not the only person to have ever been in that position - there were things I would have loved to have gone to when I was your age but couldn't (late 90s ibiza...although thinking back maybe i'm glad i never did that :D). Everyone has to go through it but just less than 2 years away and you'll be able to experience the Glade ;) Or even something else that may crop up by then...!

It's easy for adults to say its an adult orientated festival and its easy for a 16 year old to say that they are mature enough to go there. Unfortunately it would be impossible to screen on a one by one basis hence the blanket no under 18s (or more correctly, no teenagers).
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 3 times

Postby columns » 03 Mar 2009, 17:46

True true.
Oh well Glasto it is.
I'll get to see Blur which will be nice :)
See you all in 2 years.
columns

Postby aura » 03 Mar 2009, 18:32

Hey Columns, I sympthasise with your situation. When I was 16/17 I was able to get in to pubs/clubs/raves etc with no questions asked. I think I was only ever asked for ID once in all the time I was underage. But things are so different now and the law is so tight on age restriction. It is a real shame that people in your age group are not allowed to experience the music they love live, especially when they are genuinely interested in the music and know how to conduct themselves in a civilized manor.
Peeing on each other and stuff like that...
aura
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby columns » 03 Mar 2009, 19:39

:) cheers, I just think it's a shame because soooo many kids my age are exactly like me and love sort of music they put on show at Glade.
Oh well the acceptance has come so now I'm just gunna have to sit back and turn 18.
Do you reckon people would be against them bringing the age limit down? Cos I don't see the point of it being at 18.
x
columns

Postby PaulX » 03 Mar 2009, 19:49

columns wrote:Do you reckon people would be against them bringing the age limit down? Cos I don't see the point of it being at 18.
x

Try asking Winchester Council's licensing committee, they are the ones who set the rules:

http://www.winchester.gov.uk/AskAlfred/Licensing/
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby columns » 03 Mar 2009, 20:02

So It's not by choice that Glade is an age restricted festival?
columns

Postby xkejjer » 03 Mar 2009, 21:17

I think it's better for it to be an age restricted festival..

don't get me wrong, i mean you probably are not thus, but most under 18 year olds will fuck up the place with their loud annoying youngish behaviour, overdo it in a possibly bad way on substances and so forth.. I know I'm generalizing here, but I think that this might be one instance where generalizing isn't necessarily false. As I said, this doesn't apply to all 15 year olds but when you look around you in clubs, pubs, whatever, it's more often than not the very young people who annoy or cause trouble

(and that doesn't mean that over 18 year olds are exempt from such behaviour, mind you, it's just not that often seen)

I wish I could have found a better and more pleasing way to express this, but fuck it.
xkejjer
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)