I'm new to Glade.

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: I'm new to Glade.

Postby PaulX » 03 Mar 2009, 22:30

Haha, that's so unlike the xkejjer of 2006. You've mellowed a bit. :D
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby columns » 03 Mar 2009, 22:42

I get what you mean but Glade isn't a huge festival and not that many people know about it, it appears to be for people who love that music and who want to meet others who love that music too so I don't expect that all the twats from reading would flood over into glade even if the age was lowered.
I'm kinda fed up with people my age being grouped as drug immature, skins watching, asbo touting clichés. We aren't all like that and I'm a perfect example of this (sorry to sound a bit up my self but I am).
x
"So I gave the kid a fiver and he promised not to tell his parents"
columns
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby Exulus » 03 Mar 2009, 22:51

columns wrote:I get what you mean but Glade isn't a huge festival and not that many people know about it, it appears to be for people who love that music and who want to meet others who love that music too so I don't expect that all the twats from reading would flood over into glade even if the age was lowered.
I'm kinda fed up with people my age being grouped as drug immature, skins watching, asbo touting clichés. We aren't all like that and I'm a perfect example of this (sorry to sound a bit up my self but I am).
x

You sound just like me 6 years ago! (christ am i really that far past 16 now). I was the first teenage group to get labelled with the "chav" word (although back then they preferred townie/scally). There were the skaters, goths, grungers but it was the townies that would fuck things up for the rest of everyone. Now of course you have your emo's, your indie kids, the "nurave skins" and the chavs. Its all stupid labels but hey thats the way life is unfortunately (teddy boys, mods/rockers, and loads more that i cant think of right now have all been there).
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 3 times

Postby xkejjer » 04 Mar 2009, 00:06

Sperge wrote:Haha, that's so unlike the xkejjer of 2006. You've mellowed a bit. :D

haha
depends on the argument I guess.. this lad is a genuinely concerned guy who really wants to be at glade and I understand him fully, cause it is a fucking place you'd want to be there when it happens.. but that's the way life is unfortunately.. we've all been 14 or 15 and hated the way people looked at us cause of other 14 and 15 year olds.. unfortunate but true. I think.
xkejjer
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Postby pre-s-ton » 13 Mar 2009, 17:28

2 years isnt that long, think of it as 24 months, or 104 weeks :)
We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind.
Cos your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

http://www.last.fm/user/pre-s-ton
pre-s-ton
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Motto: Glade - the welcoming scent of home.

Postby Jemo » 13 Mar 2009, 18:17

Couldnt be assed to read the whole thread but I get the jist.

Mate if you want to go to Glade but cant, Sunrise is the one. trust me, great festival, no age restictions (as it is family friendly) . you can get twatted and the music and vibe is great.

http://www.sunrisecelebration.com/

I went two years ago for the first time - amazing. same Glade vibe, but omre concentrated and smaller, which I personally thought was better.

Went the next year but it was rained out, still had a little party in a side field though..
enlightened about the medicinal qualities of the Donk
Jemo
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 3 times
Motto: this little rabbit loves to rave

Postby PaulX » 13 Mar 2009, 18:20

Jemo wrote:http://www.sunrisecelebration.com/

I went two years ago for the first time - amazing. same Glade vibe, but omre concentrated and smaller, which I personally thought was better.

Went the next year but it was rained out, still had a little party in a side field though..

Also went to Sunrise, but at the replacement event held as guests of Big Chill.

But it was a cut-down version of Sunrise really, just the ID Spiral and the usual hippy stalls but not much else. Big Chill itself was OK but it really didn't have a party people vibe. It's put me off going back to Big Chill this year, even though Orbital fans' official "reunion" is there.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Jemo » 13 Mar 2009, 18:26

still, the normal Sunrise is not like Paul (SPerge) said. its amazing.

and cheap cheap cheap, plus you can sh*t on piles of hay from high up in these toilet towers, makes you feel like a horse (in a weird way) with the hay smell...
enlightened about the medicinal qualities of the Donk
Jemo
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 3 times
Motto: this little rabbit loves to rave

Postby 16-BIT » 17 Mar 2009, 15:25

if u wanna experience the glade vibe but cant go to glade, go to the glade stage (g stage) at glastonbury till ur old enough.
16-BIT
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 1 time

Postby rocky » 06 May 2009, 13:45

Just to get an update on this thread.

The latest Flash site under the FAQs says this:

What is the age policy for the festival?
Over 16's are allowed. 12-15's have to buy a ticket and must be with an adult at all times. Under 12's are free.

Is this part of the new license and new site?
rocky

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)