New rules (and welcome to newbies)

Random bollocks, geek chic, highbrow debate, pretentious tosh. You'll find it all on a good day.

New rules (and welcome to newbies)

Postby PaulX » 31 Aug 2014, 12:44

Before the boards took a break, it was a common complaint that there had been too many rules and it was too restrictive. So I think it's best just to do away with all the old rules and start afresh.

1) Basically, "don't be a dick". If the mod team think you are falling foul of this one, they'll be sure to let you know.
2) If you want to promote stuff, e.g. your fabulous new night or your sizzling new mix, post it in the Hype forum and NOWHERE ELSE on the board please. You MUST obtain permission from the mod team to post your hype anywhere else on the board. The reason we do this is to stop conversations being drowned out by promo posts.
3) Er...
4) That's it.

So there we are. That's a lot simpler, isn't it? ;)

And if you're new here, WELCOME!!! :wackyhat:

If you've already tried posting and you get a message saying that your post needs to be approved by a moderator, please be patient. Once a moderator has approved your first post(s), you'll be able to post freely after that. We have to have this layer of security because otherwise automated spambots can fill the board with crap in seconds. It can take anything between a few minutes and a couple of days before a mod sees your post but rest assured we'll get on the case. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the ride. ;)
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Re: New rules (and welcome to newbies)

Postby CunningStunt » 03 Sep 2014, 14:18

It's back? Did I miss a 're-launch' or did the comeback go quietly unreported? :?
~You fondle my trigger then you blame my gun~
CunningStunt
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 5 times
Motto: Mrs Baldmosher

Re: New rules (and welcome to newbies)

Postby PaulX » 03 Sep 2014, 15:28

CunningStunt wrote:It's back? Did I miss a 're-launch' or did the comeback go quietly unreported? :?

As mentioned on the front page - http://www.ravetalk.co.uk/we-are-back/ and expanded on in here: beyond-the-rave-help-shape-the-future-t10587.html

It was also mentioned on the RT Facebook and Twitter pages.

Not all the boards have been reopened - the section called "The Past" is a read-only archive now. It includes the Glade forums because, to the best of my knowledge, Glade is dead now. And even if it comes back, none of the original people are involved.

The purpose of reopening is explained in those top two links. I wasn't actually planning on reopening most of the forums, the idea was to try and build a Facebook/Soundcloud wannabe site from the ashes of Ravetalk, but it would be a bit silly having no forums at all when we're nowhere near building that site yet.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Return to Life, the Universe and Everything