Thank you and goodbye - Ravetalk forums closing down

Random bollocks, geek chic, highbrow debate, pretentious tosh. You'll find it all on a good day.

Re: Thank you and goodbye - Ravetalk forums closing down

Postby NateDawg » 18 Apr 2014, 22:06

thanks for your words and work Paul.

All the best :)
NateDawg
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 6 times

Postby Dave Skywalker » 23 Apr 2014, 14:09

Like others have said, it'll be sad to see the place go (and it's one of - if not the last rave-related forum I use) but the sad truth is times change online and when you've got domineering forces in the likes of FB / Twitter etc then although forums are great for referring back to old discussions peoples first port of call are other sites.

If it wasn't for RT I doubt I would have met anywhere near as many people as I have after going up to people at events and going "Are you on RaveTalk?" and sometimes getting blank stares back, lol!

I know Paul had a number of ideas for the site and put in god knows how many hours of work behind the scenes (not just in keeping the spammers at bay) - however as many of us get older life just seems to get busier for us all - boooooo!!

Cheers Paul (and shouts to the mods and others who helped behind the scenes) - no doubt I'll still keep tabs with most people on FB and see you on the other side. :D
By the time you've read this message it's too late to stop reading it.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Skyw ... 8010427836
http://www.daveskywalker.com
Dave Skywalker
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 2 times
Sorted in: 19 times
Motto: He knows just how much it is tweed boy.

Postby ans » 28 Apr 2014, 21:01

Damn.... This can't close down! There's something symbolic about this forum and it closing is not good... But alas... For now at least The Glade is sleeping and I guess that's where this all started...

When we started Glade in 2004 we quickly realised the power of forums... Particularly as there was no bloody facebook. And in any case if the community had anything to do with that revolution it would have been called offyourfacebook right?!

Paul, I think, started Gladetalk in 2005 and it changed into Ravetalk a year or two later as other festivals that reflected the true underground sprang up. They were heady days and I can only thank everyone who took part in Glade and on this forum for giving so much to what was a momentous time in the history of electronic music.

I'm not going to write a load of sentimental stuff and am not going to put down my feelings on what happened to Glade and the rest of the scene over the last few years but what I will say is that when the forest burns down new shoots always spring up and when they do I hope we have a place to share our shizzle like Ravetalk.

Well done and thanks for all the support.

Big LOVE!!!
ans
Newbie - please be gentle

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby NateDawg » 02 May 2014, 02:25

:)
NateDawg
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 6 times

Postby FeedMeBeats » 22 Aug 2014, 12:13

Noooo!!
and i only just joined...
so many awesome threads...
what the shit...
If Kanye West and Kim Kardashian were both on fire, what sort of sandwhich would you make?

http://www.festivalfanatics.com
FeedMeBeats

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby PaulX » 22 Aug 2014, 17:41

FeedMeBeats wrote:Noooo!!
and i only just joined...
so many awesome threads...
what the shit...

Ha, welcome new person. :D

The boards were closed down for a while, although I did hold open the prospect of bringing them back. It's recently been reopened, although I'm kinda wondering why I bothered at the moment. ;)

This thread will tell you a bit more about why it's been reopened. The tl;dr version is that I hope to build a new music-based social media site. Sort of like Facebook and Soundcloud combined, but for a small niche and hopefully not as spammy or as control freaky as Facebook.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Previous

Return to Life, the Universe and Everything