The Main Stage

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

The Main Stage

Postby G-BO » 23 Apr 2008, 19:16

is nobody else been disapointed with the line-up of the main stage over the last 2 years

too much dance music cannon fodder being added to this arena, bar squarepusher i had no intention of catchin any acts at it, i am more or less a techno head so the overkill and vapor stage sort that out, but dubfire, vitalic, pendulum, trentmoller, woolford, andy c, utah saints ...the crappy list goes on....wudnt mind some credible live acts like bassnectar or a guy called gerald thrown into the mix....just foresee another festival of planting myself in the overkill and vapor tent again
G-BO
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Re: The Main Stage

Postby PaulX » 23 Apr 2008, 19:30

Horses for courses. There's plenty there that I wouldn't mind seeing, depending on clashes with other stuff.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby evil999 » 23 Apr 2008, 19:36

G-BO wrote:is nobody else been disapointed with the line-up of the main stage over the last 2 years

too much dance music cannon fodder being added to this arena, bar squarepusher i had no intention of catchin any acts at it, i am more or less a techno head so the overkill and vapor stage sort that out, but dubfire, vitalic, pendulum, trentmoller, woolford, andy c, utah saints ...the crappy list goes on....wudnt mind some credible live acts like bassnectar or a guy called gerald thrown into the mix....just foresee another festival of planting myself in the overkill and vapor tent again

Vitalic was good a couple of years ago. Qualify's as techno surely?
evil999

Postby c-more » 23 Apr 2008, 21:50

I think this years main stage lineup is quite good. I like the way Glade try and incorporate elements of each tent into the main stage. Its always gona have bigger more well known names it is the main stage after all. :panic:
BRING THE NOISE!!
c-more
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby fletcher » 23 Apr 2008, 21:57

System 7, James Holden, Vitalic, James Munro... yes please :D

Would love to see maybe Jamie Lidell, The Orb, Aphex Twin, Robert Hood added to that...
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby Exulus » 23 Apr 2008, 22:06

how can you diss trentemoller..its my new favourite :oops: Maybe not prime time danceathon though...
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 3 times

Postby soundclash » 23 Apr 2008, 22:27

Kevin Saunderson on the main stage was probably on of my favourite ever glade moments. But can see where you are comin from.
Not alot gonna be draggin me there this year unless they pull something out of the bag later on. Agree that Vitalic was good als,o so will check him again :)
soundclash

Postby yohankiwi » 24 Apr 2008, 00:15

Don't think this years line up is as good as last year's, and its definately more commercial than last's as well (IMO)
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby yohankiwi » 24 Apr 2008, 00:17

Exulus wrote:how can you diss trentemoller..its my new favourite :oops: Maybe not prime time danceathon though...

Damn straight, trentemoller is an incredible producer. One of the best around atm IMO. So pissed i missed him last year :( Wasn't exactly time badly spent as i was watching eat static at the time who were amongst my top highlights last year
yohankiwi
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 1 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby k3str3l » 24 Apr 2008, 11:59

its not the lineup that has kept me returning to the glade for my 3rd year running, it is all about the amazing vibe that surrounds it for me, i will be so off my face i could quite happily dance to a fire alarm

:wackyhat:

go for the vibes man, feed off the energy!
k3str3l
Party Animal
Party Animal

Next

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)