What is Glade?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: What is Glade?

Postby fletcher » 04 Jan 2009, 18:46

yohankiwi wrote:
Sperge wrote:As people have said, drum & bass is one of the event's weak points

nah, i'd personally say its one of the events strong points :D

:D

What is Glade?

Glade is a psychedelic trip down the rabbit hole accompanied by a cacophony of electronic sounds and colours. You will meet some fantastic people on your trip, and the more you explore the festival the more secrets you will uncover...

:?
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby admin » 04 Jan 2009, 19:05

Incidentally, Ans is away until March and he's the head honcho in charge of communications now. So there may not be much Glade news between now and then but we'll keep our ears close to the ground. Or maybe we should ask a bloke in Tadley to do that for us. ;)

Edit: I've since heard from both Nick and Ans and there really isn't much to report yet. They do say things are looking very positive and moving in the right direction, that's all there is to say for now.
"I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody."
admin
firm but fair
firm but fair

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 1 time

Postby baldmosher » 05 Jan 2009, 16:05

MariI wrote:What is Glade?

Yo mamma. But less fat.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby ferg » 15 Jan 2009, 07:01

glade is how they get the figs into fig rolls
ferg
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 4 times
Sorted in: 16 times
Motto: ALL DAY BREAKFAST WIN

Postby pre-s-ton » 15 Jan 2009, 22:20

Glade is heaven, but u dnt have to die, and u only go for 4 days a year.... rather than eternity.
We can dance if we want to. We can leave your friends behind.
Cos your friends don't dance, and if they don't dance, then they're no friends of mine.

http://www.last.fm/user/pre-s-ton
pre-s-ton
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted in: 0 time
Motto: Glade - the welcoming scent of home.

Postby lahmjpowder » 15 Jan 2009, 23:52

Glade is a 4 day hoorah with all your mates, and everyone else you recognise from raves, in one place with bare tunes being played.
lahmjpowder
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted in: 2 times

Postby jcbass » 21 Jan 2009, 10:39

What other clubs would you recommend that are better than Fabric, I've been to SeOne and Egg and they don't compare to Fabric... I'm still not sure about Glade though, its hard to find info on it on the net like location ect...

SeOne, Egg, Mass, The End, Hidden, Scala, Heaven, are all good clubs (Heaven is hospitals proper home and The End is now pretty much shut down). Dont get me wrong fabric is a beautiful club and looks wise is proper better than the rest, the thing most people dont like about fabric is the people is attracts, the atmosphere, the security and how they overfill it everytime. Most times i have been, being in the middle of the dance floor is just not fun at all, especially at drum n bass where everyone looks like they will lamp you in the face if (heaven forbid) you so much as brush past them. I believe one nation still hosts nights are brixton academy everynow and then as well, One nation generally attracts idiots as well but in brixton academy there is enough room for them not to bother you. Think they might be doing one for valentines day. I went to the valentines day one there a few years ago and was probably one of the best nights ive been too, mampi swift was awesome.
jcbass
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted in: 0 time

Postby thecure4eva » 30 Jan 2009, 12:24

jcbass wrote:Don’t get your hopes up about lots of drum n bass. The two years i have been the only drum n bass was Andy c on main stage, who was rubbish and moaned and then finished early. And then last year friction played main stage. They only ever seem to have one full on drum n bass act per year. Although you will hear some drum n bass in various other sets you’re not going to get it all night long. Pendulum also played main stage last year but they are just circus music not real drum n bass. If you want a drum n bass festival go to innovation in Spain, 1) Its warmer 2) you get proper accommodation (no one likes waking up in a sweaty tent anyway) 3) Its reasonably cheap considering its 3days, in 3 big clubs and with proper accommodation and allot of big dj's. 4) Hardcore beats host a breaks stage there which is just as banging.

The second half of Noisia's set was blinding once moved from breaks to dnb and current value was amazing, although dnb is only barely recognizable in his music
thecure4eva

Sorted in: 1 time

Postby baldmosher » 09 Feb 2009, 14:04

thecure4eva wrote:current value was amazing, although dnb is only barely recognizable in his music

It doesn't really matter, it's the same speed :P
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Previous

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)