What year was your favourite Glade?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: What year was your favourite Glade?

Postby ThE99THReDBallooN » 19 Mar 2013, 10:22

2007 all the way, opened my eyes & i will never forget it :)
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow, what a ride."
ThE99THReDBallooN
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 34 times
Sorted in: 12 times
Motto: Embrace Der Hosenbugler

Postby Dave Skywalker » 19 Mar 2013, 13:39

Hard to pick between 2005 and 2006. 2005 the weather was amazing, it had the community feel, it was something new and different that I'd never been to before (which is always a plus) and shed loads of fun. 2006 was more of the same, the weather was a little too hot and security were pretty rude but it was the first year Bang Face had a tent there and it was AMAZING, one of my top festival highlights ever.

2007 was my idea of absolute hell, one of my worst experiences raving ever, and the biggest waste of money I think I've ever thrown at something. That was my last Glade.
By the time you've read this message it's too late to stop reading it.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Skyw ... 8010427836
http://www.daveskywalker.com
Dave Skywalker
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 2 times
Sorted in: 19 times
Motto: He knows just how much it is tweed boy.

Postby PaulX » 19 Mar 2013, 13:55

Dave Skywalker wrote:2007 was my idea of absolute hell, one of my worst experiences raving ever, and the biggest waste of money I think I've ever thrown at something. That was my last Glade.

I think it really depended on who you were camping with, as the community spirit at the Ravetalk camp (or Gladtalk camp as it then was) was pretty special. If it hadn't been for that, I would probably have gone early myself. I know Shaz hated it and it was a bad first time experience for her. :(
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Jake Burns » 19 Mar 2013, 19:37

Dave Skywalker wrote:2007 was my idea of absolute hell, one of my worst experiences raving ever, and the biggest waste of money I think I've ever thrown at something. That was my last Glade.

edit: you are aware the festival doesn't actually book the weather?
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby Beatmonkey » 19 Mar 2013, 20:50

PaulX wrote:

I think it really depended on who you were camping with, as the community spirit at the Ravetalk camp (or Gladtalk camp as it then was) was pretty special. If it hadn't been for that, I would probably have gone early myself. I know Shaz hated it and it was a bad first time experience for her. :(

Well located too. Saw plenty of horror campsites that weekend.
Massive hippycrit.
Beatmonkey
Too tight to get five stars ;-)
Too tight to get five stars ;-)

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 8 times

Postby PaulX » 19 Mar 2013, 21:06

Beatmonkey wrote:
PaulX wrote:

Not well located enough to prevent getting some sewage flowing downstream in the mud over the weekend though. There was a definite whiff in the air by Sunday evening. :fear:
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby jimran » 20 Mar 2013, 18:17

im gonna stick a vote in for 2012.

i did go with a bazillion mates this yr so that probably boosts the rating but still...

with the exception of a couple of volume issues at overkill i thought it was a perfectly executed festival.

the lineup was righteous: system 7, extrawelt, sven vath, radioactive man and the mutant bass takeover were just a few of my many many highlights ( i know a few people on here have complained that the overkill lineup wasnt 'Ard enough for em but i'm not a massive fan of really noisy core or millions of bpms anyway); origin was back up to par; 2 extra late (but still plenty loud enough) stages; firm but friendly security; the layout was spot on : no sound bleeding but tight enough to maintain the buzz; the decor was back on form (the lighting rig in the glade stage was immense); secret sets / happenings popping up here there and everywhere; sporadic bits of sgp nonsense and interactive gaming/activities yeahhh twas great!!

oooh yeah and mega-forecast-defying sunshine :) :) :)

just a few more hundred punters an that party wouldve gone down in history, no mistake :)
paranoia saves lives...
jimran
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 3 times
Motto: skankenstein

Postby fletcher » 20 Mar 2013, 22:04

Beatmonkey wrote:
PaulX wrote:

All you needed to do was look at the weather forecast before you got there, and camp at the top of a hill :) :P Job done!
fletcher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 26 times
Sorted in: 29 times
Motto: RoadKill Cru

Postby Dave Skywalker » 25 Mar 2013, 10:27

Jake Burns wrote:edit: you are aware the festival doesn't actually book the weather?

Doesn't stop it being able to ruin my weekend / wreck my car / destroy our property / cause arguments / etc. None of it was the festivals fault granted, I'd had a bad week leading up to it and was desperate for Glade to turn a very shitty week around, but instead made it a lot worse.
By the time you've read this message it's too late to stop reading it.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dave-Skyw ... 8010427836
http://www.daveskywalker.com
Dave Skywalker
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 2 times
Sorted in: 19 times
Motto: He knows just how much it is tweed boy.

Postby pesh » 25 Mar 2013, 12:42

i think it was something to do with both Glastonbury and Glade being flooded out on epic levels in 2007 that started the UKs brief love affair with the Ketiums.

after that month of festival carnage it seemed like even the the most anti-wheelchair, it's disgusting, only fools and horses types were suddenly going 'ok, yeah, i'll have a cheeky corner'.

mud. if you can't beat it...
lets go get sushi, and not pay!
pesh
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 34 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)