Where's everyone camping this year?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Where's everyone camping this year?

Postby hutchy » 19 May 2008, 15:52

we were down near the entrance last year and got flooded when it rained but we did have the only bit of green grass left by the Sunday. Might camp down there again, depends on the weather forecast!
It's not dubstep... it's MUDstep!
hutchy
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Postby chongdog » 19 May 2008, 17:49

asmooth wrote:You can camp near to the stages/tents or there are more 'quiet' areas to camp.
Every year i have been ('04, '05 & '06) i have always camped up the hill opposite the breaksday tent...mainly because all the people i knew camped there! (they were breaks fans). It was close to some toilets which was good (and bad if the wind changed..phew!!!!). Also camping on a slope was a bit of a problem sometimes...every time i woke up (or came to!!) i had slid halfway out my tent! :D

As i understand it there is going to be an extra camping area this year for quiet camping with tents already in there that you can book out thru the Glade website...might be wrong about that thou, just going from memory which isn't always relaible!

Think i'm gonna change tact on camping this year and try to be
a) near origin
b) somewhere more quiet

I plan on getting there proper early on the thursday this year so will have a little wander about to choose my spot!
Then i'll stretch out with a few tins of goodness.

cheers dude thats pretty useful. Yeah i wanna get there asap and get somewhere good to pitch. Not sure how bothered i am about noise as last festival i went to (i ashamedly admit it was only the leeds fest) but i only got 4 hours sleep in five days i think, completely naturally of course..
chongdog
Part of the furniture already

Postby PaulX » 19 May 2008, 18:19

asmooth wrote:As i understand it there is going to be an extra camping area this year for quiet camping with tents already in there that you can book out thru the Glade website...might be wrong about that thou, just going from memory which isn't always relaible!

That's right, there's a Tipi and Yurts field, except you don't book it through the Glade website, you book it through http://www.hearthworks.co.uk/hire-form.php

There is also extra camping set aside in an area known as 'Sawpits' (just a little higher up than the camping above inSpiral), although they may not open it up with the reduced capacity. It's marked on this map:

Chongdog, two more threads you may find useful:

http://www.gladtalk.co.uk/forum/glade-2 ... t5287.html
http://www.gladtalk.co.uk/forum/camp-2008-t5025.html (discussion of where the GladTalk camp should be)
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Exulus » 19 May 2008, 19:03

asmooth wrote:
a) near origin
b) somewhere more quiet

Well theres an oxymoron if ever i saw one :?
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 3 times

Postby chongdog » 19 May 2008, 19:21

Cheers sperge you glade master you!
chongdog

Postby baldmosher » 20 May 2008, 12:54

Exulus wrote:
asmooth wrote:
a) near origin
b) somewhere more quiet

I think he means after midnight. Being woken up by psy at noon is quite an invigorating start to the day.

There's gonna be about 10 of us coming together, but only two of us are GladTalk posters (me and Venus), and I don't even know if I'm taking a tent down, and I've got to save a space for a mate til Friday, so we'll probably go up behind IDSpiral again. Having said that, the dude who usually arrives at 11am and tramps everyone across the whole site won't be there this year so we might be a little more freeform in our camp placement!

Sawpits would be my preference (since hardly anybody will know about it) but if I can get everyone to stay near to CampGT I will.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby whatbubbles » 20 May 2008, 13:18

we are going to make sure that we camp with rinsound and portman this year, they are messy monleys, but i feel my duty to join in and guide!!!
whatbubbles
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Postby Exulus » 20 May 2008, 17:45

baldmosher wrote:
Exulus wrote:

I think he means after midnight. Being woken up by psy at noon is quite an invigorating start to the day.

Hehehe, good luck with waking up at noon. Wish i could..usually end up waking up at around 7-8 in a pool of my own sweat (but no wee or blood thankfully :fear: )
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!
Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 3 times

Postby hutchy » 20 May 2008, 17:59

Exulus wrote:Hehehe, good luck with waking up at noon. Wish i could..usually end up waking up at around 7-8 in a pool of my own sweat (but no wee or blood thankfully :fear: )

haha innit? its always bloody freezing at night so you go to bed with tackies and a coupla hoodies on and wake up when the sun comes up absolutely ROASTING and you have to scramble outta your tent gasping for air, trying frantically to peel off layers! :D
It's not dubstep... it's MUDstep!
hutchy

Postby Petch » 20 May 2008, 20:11

On a hill preferably!

Was last year and instead of my tent getting waterlogged, it simply ran underneath. I'm aiming for the same spot again this year.
Last edited by Petch on 18 Oct 2011, 00:19, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: rule 4a
Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?
Petch
Party Animal
Party Animal

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)