Where's everyone camping this year?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Where's everyone camping this year?

Postby chongdog » 18 May 2008, 15:17

bit of a cheeky topic as i've never been before and just want to hear where people think is best, what the different area's are like. Only been to the leeds festival before and really looking forward to going to Glade this year, should be so much different from what i've heard, much friendlier people etc. Really excited already!
chongdog
Part of the furniture already

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 0 time

Re: Where's everyone camping this year?

Postby kangaeru » 18 May 2008, 18:22

you made the right choice, chongdog :D - you couldn't ask for a better festival atmosphere. as for camping... just get there nice and early and you'll at least have a choice. In my experience, even by 4pm on the Thursday all the good spaces will be gone.
kangaeru
Here long enough to buy a round

Postby chongdog » 18 May 2008, 21:07

yeah, well i was planning on getting there as early as i can really. Start drinking etc asap! Been on the glade site all day looking at the pictures and video (yet again). Not tooooo long to wait i guess...
chongdog

Postby asmooth » 19 May 2008, 12:08

You can camp near to the stages/tents or there are more 'quiet' areas to camp.
Every year i have been ('04, '05 & '06) i have always camped up the hill opposite the breaksday tent...mainly because all the people i knew camped there! (they were breaks fans). It was close to some toilets which was good (and bad if the wind changed..phew!!!!). Also camping on a slope was a bit of a problem sometimes...every time i woke up (or came to!!) i had slid halfway out my tent! :D

As i understand it there is going to be an extra camping area this year for quiet camping with tents already in there that you can book out thru the Glade website...might be wrong about that thou, just going from memory which isn't always relaible!

Think i'm gonna change tact on camping this year and try to be
a) near origin
b) somewhere more quiet

I plan on getting there proper early on the thursday this year so will have a little wander about to choose my spot!
Then i'll stretch out with a few tins of goodness.
asmooth
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby enjinn » 19 May 2008, 12:51

behind the id/inspiral is quite a good little spot, where the massive felled tree is, we sat on that tree all morning eating our breakfast feeling sorry for ourselves you can see right over the festival, its closest to origin which is quite nice as its quiet at night but the spiral gets quite loud, but hey, its good to have the noise sometimes, it makes you smile while you drift off! :)

i'd say the main point is the toilets, dont get 2 close, dont go to far. everyone knows that though....... :sick:

WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :wackyhat:
enjinn
Party Animal
Party Animal

Motto: j fold and 3 quaters.

Postby whatbubbles » 19 May 2008, 12:55

we ended up camping right next to the loo's with camp GT, which was a bit smelly!!! we alwasy try to aim for the same area, so we can see everything from the :thup: hill!!
whatbubbles
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Postby PaulX » 19 May 2008, 13:26

whatbubbles wrote:we ended up camping right next to the loo's with camp GT, which was a bit smelly!!! we alwasy try to aim for the same area, so we can see everything from the :thup: hill!!

I think you and Darren were the closest of the lot to them. :haha: Was fine where we were, but there's no way we'll be so close to any next time, it was all because of being held up for so long by ridiculously overzealous searching. The cunt even tried to rip a lining out of my rucksack. :angry:

Anyway, if anyone would like to help plan for Camp GT 2008, they're welcome to join in. :)
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby whatbubbles » 19 May 2008, 13:33

i think we shall get there a bit earlier this year, most of the decent camping spots were taken by the time we got there!!!
whatbubbles
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Postby Inastate_ » 19 May 2008, 13:35

Last year I was almost opposite the Glade stage. Was loving waking up every morning to hearing progressive trance pounding from the Origin stage.
Inastate_

Postby Con » 19 May 2008, 13:53

goin to try and get the same spot as last year...just facin the main stage...nice wee spot near everything :cop:
Con

Next

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)