Why doesn't Glade sell one day weekend tickets ?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Why doesn't Glade sell one day weekend tickets ?

Postby Darchigan » 19 Jun 2012, 19:11

Jake Burns wrote:They were selling day tix on Sunday for 50 quid on the gate

That's interesting and I suppose if the organisers chose to promote Sunday day ticket sales they would get quite a crowd of day visitors and that would provide a new source of income but what would that do to the festival ? would that influx of fresh faces add to the festival or diminish it ?

I enjoyed my day trip to Glade much more than I thought I would but I was on a different wave length to the campers, for me it was like a first night being much more interested in letting off steam and getting on down to the music and while I did connect with the people around me I didn't really have much time for meeting people and socializing.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby Jake Burns » 19 Jun 2012, 19:32

tbh - I think they'd just done poorly on ticket sales - so were taking what they could rather than a planned thing. Overall I dont think it'd be a good idea for the festival to do regularly - its better that everyone is there for the w.e. The Glade has a different crowd to a more mainstream dance festival & not sure day trippers would work that well as people would be on a different wavelength
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 10 times

Postby PaulX » 19 Jun 2012, 19:45

Jake Burns wrote:tbh - I think they'd just done poorly on ticket sales - so were taking what they could rather than a planned thing. Overall I dont think it'd be a good idea for the festival to do regularly - its better that everyone is there for the w.e. The Glade has a different crowd to a more mainstream dance festival & not sure day trippers would work that well as people would be on a different wavelength

I think this is right, although I don't think they did that badly on sales. Was it you who was saying the camping field was much smaller in the other thread? I didn't think so at the time, and have looked at the map to double check and still don't think so. Last year's camping field did go up to the line of trees, but then the crew camping went along one side of that and there were significant empty areas last year. This year's camping field wasn't rammed either but there were no big gaps and I think a fair few stayed away because of the adverse weather reports.

I do expect next year's Glade to sell well, however, on the strength of the positive feedback from almost everyone who went.
Top one. Nice one. Get sorted.
PaulX
resident geek
resident geek

Sorted out: 46 times
Sorted in: 63 times
Motto: Mostly harmless

Postby Sterny » 19 Jun 2012, 19:46

I'm sure they will sell more tickets next year as people will spread the word and invite their friends.
As mentioned selling day tickets would mean an arena separate to the campsite which would mean being searched everytime you go in and possibly not allowing booze to be brought from the campsite. It would also mean that everyone wouldn't all be in it together. A big NO to day tickets from me.
Listen to my hooves, listen to my hooves!
My Mixcloud

This post by author Sterny sorted:
MN3205 (20 Jun 2012, 12:29)
Rating: 20%

Sterny
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 3 times
Sorted in: 7 times

Postby Jake Burns » 19 Jun 2012, 19:52

PaulX wrote:I think this is right, although I don't think they did that badly on sales. Was it you who was saying the camping field was much smaller in the other thread? I didn't think so at the time, and have looked at the map to double check and still don't think so.

Fair enough - if you've checked it out - i was just going on the time it took to walk from one end to the other! It felt quieter than last year - but as it had a different set up - its obviously harder to tell. Maybe it was also a personal perspective as so many folk i know who used to go, no longer do so. I hope you're right about them doing ok numbers wise & that they do well next year on word of mouth as it is such a great festival - but i think they need to have a bit of a think about who their core audience is nowadays when programming - but thats a whole other thread!
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby baldmosher » 20 Jun 2012, 08:50

Pretty sure the core of Glade has ALWAYS been psytrance. Don't expect that to change.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby Darchigan » 20 Jun 2012, 08:59

baldmosher wrote:Pretty sure the core of Glade has ALWAYS been psytrance. Don't expect that to change.

Not after what I saw on Sunday, the psytrance was a big success.

Sunday tickets might be too successful leaving too many happy ravers unwilling to leave or unaware of the time and their current state of intoxication. I can see them trying leave at 11 or 12 at night in an unfit state and that could be very dangerous for them driving through the Norfolk country lanes.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times

Postby Jake Burns » 20 Jun 2012, 10:16

baldmosher wrote:Pretty sure the core of Glade has ALWAYS been psytrance. Don't expect that to change.

There's a whole world of psy trance beyond the Nano/Alchemy & mates line up of the Origin stage. Personally I like that sound, and its very accessible - but its not exactly cutting edge in the word of psy and the older Origin crowd probably reflected that. In fact the majority of the line up & crowd could quite easily have been there a decade ago... which is great for a nostalgic knees up - but not quite so good for building up a new crowd.
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Postby pesh » 20 Jun 2012, 10:26

Who is going to want to pay £70 odd quid and drive all the way to Norfolk to go to a festival that has already been going on for 3 days?
Everyone is tired by Sunday, most of the big names have been and gone, if the weather is bad the site is fucked, it ends at midnight, you still have to drive all the way home afterwards or take a day off work on Monday anyway.

Can understand them selling a few day tickets on the sly if the overall sales have been poor but otherwise I think day tickets are a bad idea.

Man up and do the weekend or go to Wireless or something.
lets go get sushi, and not pay!
pesh
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 5 times
Sorted in: 34 times

Postby MN3205 » 20 Jun 2012, 12:31

Jake Burns wrote:

There's a whole world of psy trance beyond the Nano/Alchemy & mates line up of the Origin stage. Personally I like that sound, and its very accessible - but its not exactly cutting edge in the word of psy and the older Origin crowd probably reflected that. In fact the majority of the line up & crowd could quite easily have been there a decade ago... which is great for a nostalgic knees up - but not quite so good for building up a new crowd.

You can count me as part of a "new crowd" (like literally don't know any names in psy) who really enjoyed both the Origin and Liquid stages this year and will definitely be back again (as well as seeing what other psy stuff I can find going on locally)
MN3205
Here long enough to buy a round
Here long enough to buy a round

Sorted out: 4 times

PreviousNext

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)