Why doesn't Glade sell one day weekend tickets ?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Re: Why doesn't Glade sell one day weekend tickets ?

Postby baldmosher » 20 Jun 2012, 18:10

I have to affirm that the music on Origin has been exactly the same for the last 8 (7) years. I could count on one finger the number of DJs/artists I've heard from there that didn't sound roughly the same as all the others, and I'm pretty convinced that was the mushrooms, rather the music itself, that was a bit different. There's never been innovation as far as I can see.... but then, Origin is Origin. You know what you're getting.

I don't actually know how Origin survives so well, given that it's so repetitive, except that it's pretty mainstream, and I assume it's still the only mainstream psy festival in the UK, despite being visibly abandoned by the majority of serious crusties who made those legal mushroom years so entertaining just watching them stumble around waving their fingers.

I still recall the guy at the first Glade walking round Origin carrying a small (10") cardboard sign above his head that just read "acid" in swirly colourful lettering. I don't know if he was actually selling it but that moment alone convinced me that Glade was the most amazing festival there ever would be if they were so content to let someone wander around just making everyone else very happy.

By 2006 everyone was doing just that

2007 was a bit of a fuckup on all fronts.

Then in 2008 I felt intimidated by all the dodgy looking types, brazenly shouting their wares near the stalls at 7pm on the Thursday evening... that plus all the tent thefts and shit sound, Glade had officially landed, arse-first.

Hopefully it's been through a cleansing period now, as EVERYONE seemed really happy and cheerful this year, and the SGP influence appears to go hand in hand with the real Glade vibe.

(I didn't meet any wreckheads/knobheads at all this year, maybe cos Overkill was toned down and it's too far from anywhere to go on a whim? Still, I'm past 30 now, I'm one of those types who just smiles and enjoys a good dance and doesn't leave cash in his tent. No doubt a day pass would increase the knobhead count considerably.)

I just hope that word of mouth spreads gently again, and we don't get another influx of fly-by-nighters coming along for the big names. The 2006 experiment (no names, just Glade) was the best Glade of the lot for me and next year could shape up to be the same thing.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby Darchigan » 20 Jun 2012, 22:14

pesh wrote:Everyone is tired by Sunday

That's a good argument for some fresh faces.
pesh wrote:Man up and do the weekend or go to Wireless or something.

I have just had a really busy Wednesday and its been a really good day actually, no way I would have coped with that if I'd done a full on full weekend and I was in a suicide Wednesday mood . . . . and that's one half of your market and at the other end of the spectrum there are people who simply cant afford a full weekend.

Last year when I did the full weekend I mellowed out and took it easy on Sunday and I managed to get through the following week so yes man up, do the full weekend, don't get ill and don't go to Wireless and BTW what was left of my cold simply disappeared with the first set, the fresh air. the Sunday sunshine and the positive Glade vibes :)

Day tickets are just a suggestion that has been rejected by this forum for some perfectly valid reasons.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Postby baldmosher » 21 Jun 2012, 12:34

Half?? Don't be daft Darchigan, most of us can book holidays, we don't have school terms to deal with. Maybe 5% at most. A lot of people arrived Friday pm and left Sunday lunchtime just to do the two "big" nights. Can't blame them but I booked a week off work, Thurs til Wed, even though I knew I wasn't going to smash it all weekend there's no way I'm going straight back into the real world. In the end the hot tubs and a good night's sleep on Sunday sorted me right out, even if I did miss Andy C and the Pyromid burning/fireworks, but I've not been sleeping normally since then, so Wed morning was still pretty dire. Today I feel fine though.

PS this crosses over with the Suicide Wed thread!
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Postby Darchigan » 21 Jun 2012, 22:27

Not just teachers Mosher, anyone who has got to go back to a challenging line of work, paid or otherwise for any reason on a Monday, anyway one thing I've learnt from my little day trip is that having a shit load of fun in the middle of the day and the afternoon is the best way to rave if you've got something that needs doing the next day.
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Postby baldmosher » 22 Jun 2012, 09:37

No doubt, but only teachers would have trouble booking holidays during term time.

And anyone else who wants to visit a festival but whose job is so important to them that they can't take a long weekend off work needs to sort their priorities out IMFO
baldmosher™
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Postby Darchigan » 24 Jun 2012, 14:47

baldmosher wrote:And anyone else who wants to visit a festival but whose job is so important to them that they can't take a long weekend off work needs to sort their priorities out IMFO

Yeh Glade is special enough to warrant that attitude.

I have a sixty something friend who really liked the idea of a day visit next year so I might see if we can wheedle a couple of Sunday day tickets if she is still up for that in 2013.

I think promoting day tickets should only be acted on as a last resort if the festival really needs another stream of income. Its hard to say whether it would have a positive or negative effect on the Sunday.
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Previous

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)