Why doesn't Glade sell one day weekend tickets ?

Glade Festival is Britain's biggest and best non-corporate electronic dance music festival, with a proper havin' it vibe. Now based at a stately home in Norfolk.

Why doesn't Glade sell one day weekend tickets ?

Postby Darchigan » 18 Jun 2012, 21:16

I'm sure they've got good reasons but in these difficult times I think they need to review that. Glade comes at the worst time of the year for me, I have to get ahead of myself in order to do a camping weekend because I know I'll be tired at the start of the following week and this year I wasn't well enough to do the weekend so I just did the Sunday and it was a great day out, definitely worth the three hour drive there and back from London, no pissing around with tents just get straight in there and have some fun and while I felt a bit worse for wear at work today I still managed to have a good day.

I think there is a whole layer of customers who for various reasons would be quite happy to fork out £70 for a day ticket for the Saturday or the Sunday and if there are concerns about these people staying on site rather than going home day tickets could be sold for just the Sunday.
I'm off, Goodbye :)
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Sorted out: 75 times
Sorted in: 9 times

Re: Why doesn't Glade sell one day weekend tickets ?

Postby demetzy » 18 Jun 2012, 21:45

I dont think it would work once they went it how would they get them to leave if they just bought tickets for friday or saturday? That would mean having to have an 'arena' where you show bands/ passes to get in.
demetzy
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 16 times
Sorted in: 6 times

Postby Exulus » 18 Jun 2012, 22:32

Glade is all about staying for the weekend! I think it would ruin the vibe a bit if you had "passer-bys" coming and going each day. We're all in it together for the whole weekend :wackyhat:
C'mon Joe Bastardi - DON'T LET ME DOWN!!

This post by author Exulus sorted: 3
demetzy (18 Jun 2012, 23:06) • MN3205 (20 Jun 2012, 12:28) • PaulX (18 Jun 2012, 23:08)
Rating: 60%

Exulus
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted out: 0 time
Sorted in: 3 times

Postby Jake Burns » 18 Jun 2012, 22:46

i think they were open to offers this year - you could definitely get a day ticket on Sunday.. but as has been said the practicalities of selling a friday or saturday only ticket would be a nightmare
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

Postby Darchigan » 18 Jun 2012, 23:04

Exulus wrote:Glade is all about staying for the weekend! I think it would ruin the vibe a bit if you had "passer-bys" coming and going each day. We're all in it together for the whole weekend :wackyhat:

Yeh I can see that. At Global it works well because the campers tend to completely kick off on the Friday night leaving very little for the Saturday and the Saturday visitors give the festival a big lift though not having passers by probably helps to build a strong collective vibe because everybody is on the same collective journey so that lovely mellowness on the Sunday was probably because almost everybody had already been through two days together.

Still 1000 x £70 is not to be sneezed at.
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Postby baldmosher » 18 Jun 2012, 23:17

I think Global is quite unique in this regard.
baldmosher™
YOU FUCKING CAN'T SIT DOWN NOW GET BACK IN THERE AND FUCKING AVE IT YOU SOFT COCKS
Darkstep mix Baldy Behaved Volume 4: Dark Phase | other random mixes: baldmosher.com
baldmosher
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 43 times
Sorted in: 11 times
Motto: G to tha Lade.

Postby Darchigan » 19 Jun 2012, 00:36

Would the Glade equivalent be "The Sunday Boppers Meets the Weekend Campers" perhaps ? that would change the festival.
Darchigan
Incorrigible Post Whore
Incorrigible Post Whore

Postby CunningStunt » 19 Jun 2012, 13:18

FAQ's
http://www.gladefestival.com/faqs/

Can I buy a DAY TICKET?
No. We will not be issuing any day tickets or discounted tickets if you can only make it for part of the weekend. As Ken Kesey said, ”You’re either on the bus, or off the bus.” Get involved, stay for the whole festival, play games, meet people, party hard, this is GLADE.
~You fondle my trigger then you blame my gun~
CunningStunt
Friend of Ravetalk
Friend of Ravetalk

Sorted out: 11 times
Sorted in: 5 times
Motto: Mrs Baldmosher

Postby Jake Burns » 19 Jun 2012, 14:25

They were selling day tix on Sunday for 50 quid on the gate
Jake Burns
Party Animal
Party Animal

Sorted in: 10 times

Postby dannybee » 19 Jun 2012, 18:24

I wouldn't put all hope in day tickets next year. Im thinking it's gonna be damn popular next year after the success of this year. :)

Glastonbury sells day tickets for the Sunday to locals in the area to keep them sweet. I agree with glades FAQ on this though. Go for the weekend or don't go at all.

Some things were so much more tame on the Sunday you're not really getting the full experience if you don't go for the whole weekend.
dannybee
Proper Hardcore Raver
Proper Hardcore Raver

Sorted in: 2 times

Next

Return to Glade Festival 2013 (archive)